Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are there New Covid rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
It looks like you have to have a negative PCR test to enter Italy - is anyone able to confirm Puzzled ?

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=english&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto
"The new order of the Minister of Health provides that even those arriving from countries on List C will have to present a negative molecular swab performed within 48 hours or rapid antigenic test within 24 hours, along with the certification of vaccination or recovery and Passenger Locator Form. For those who do not have a valid certification of vaccination or recovery, they are required to undergo a 5-day fiduciary isolation in addition to the swab. ... Data ultimo aggiornamento: 10 January 2022." (note: UK is in LIST D)

My daughter has just had Covid, so we had to cancel trip to Austria this week, rebooked (Crystal) for Italy as more straightforward at the time with regards to Covid ...
PCR tests for Covid can come back positive for up to 3 months after contracting it, so I guess we need to try to persuade Crystal ( Mad takes 4+ hrs for phone to get answered Mad ) to rebook yet again.
Was originally meant to be France!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The text you've posted says either 48hr PCR or 24hr rapid tests - as it was as far as i understood?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@simonx, From that link it still says 48hr PCR or 24hr Antigen test, so you don’t need a PCR if you have the 24hr Antigen test?

Edit: I’m hoping that’s the case as I only recovered from Covid last week!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@simonx, a certificate of recovery from your GP won’t work?

Austria, at least, recognises that a PCR test can produce false positives for weeks, or more, after recovery from infection, and hence accepts a certificate of recovery for entry (under certain conditions). See https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That’s really going to scare the less observant!

The article relates to List C countries (so not the UK) and clearly says PCR or LFT is acceptable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

rapid antigenic test within 24 hours
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Red Leon wrote:
That’s really going to scare the less observant!

The article relates to List C countries (so not the UK) and clearly says PCR or LFT is acceptable.

The more observant might also note that the quoted article refers to an ordnance of 14th December.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
New restrictions in Italy (Monday 10th Jan) mean you must take a 48hr PCR now if coming from the UK... will they accept a medical certificate of recovery?

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=italiano&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=4
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@VictoriaSP, where are you reading that? By my reading, the page you've linked says that coming from the UK you need either a PCR within 48hrs or an antigen test within 24hrs.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@VictoriaSP, The link which you have just provide clearly states an antigen test within 24 hours is sufficient.

Quote:
undergo a molecular swab carried out within 72 hours prior to entry into Italy and the result of which is negative, or an antigenic test carried out within 24 hours prior to entry into Italy, the result of which is negative

Unlike a PCR, an antigen test should be negative on recovery (hence their use in the test to release programme).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@VictoriaSP, from the UK it's 48 rather than 72hrs for the pcr, but the 24hr antigen still fine.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tazz2bme wrote:
@VictoriaSP, The link which you have just provide clearly states an antigen test within 24 hours is sufficient.

Quote:
undergo a molecular swab carried out within 72 hours prior to entry into Italy and the result of which is negative, or an antigenic test carried out within 24 hours prior to entry into Italy, the result of which is negative

Unlike a PCR, an antigen test should be negative on recovery (hence their use in the test to release programme).

Okay, thanks - misleading wording!

"undergo a molecular swab carried out within 72 hours prior to entry into Italy and the result of which is negative, or an antigenic test carried out within 24 hours prior to entry into Italy, the result of which is negative. In the case of arrivals from the UK and Northern Ireland and British Isles, the molecular swab must be taken in the 48 hours prior to entering Italy"
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From that linked page...

"In the case of arrivals from the UK and Northern Ireland and British Isles, the molecular swab must be taken in the 48 hours prior to entering Italy"...but doesn't say that it HAS to be that test, so the LFT antigen is still ok, yes?

and

"The provisions remain in force until 31 January, 2022."
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sugarmoma666 the article is dated yesterday 10th January, so current as of then, even if it refers to existing directives which remain applicable.

Does an NHS LFT test count as antigen test for these purposes and do they take your word for it, or do you need to have one under supervision e.g. at the airport?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
simonx wrote:

Does an NHS LFT test count as antigen test for these purposes and do they take your word for it, or do you need to have one under supervision e.g. at the airport?

@simonx, no. You’ll need one certified by a lab.
snow report
simonx wrote:

No, you can't use an NHS LFT for travel. You have to purchase one from a private company.
snow report
@simonx, recommend choosing one that you can do by video and you get the test cert while you're on the call; no nerves waiting for certificate delivery emails! Have used breathe assured successfully before, there are others.
ski holidays
@simonx, any chance you can edit the title any stop people panicking please.
snow conditions
I've edited it to avoid any more panic.
ski holidays
Fingers crossed. If France don't allow us next week, we will be looking at last minute bookings to Italy.
snow conditions
I’m planning a trip to Italy for the end of January. Does anyone know if you need to have your booster to get into Italy?

I had my second jab at the end of November but I’m not eligible for the booster until the end of February.
snow report
@simonx, As I understand it, this change is for EU countries who now have the same testing criteria/timeframes as the UK to enter Italy. The UK testing requirements/timeframes remain unchanged.
snow conditions
fafferoo wrote:
I’m planning a trip to Italy for the end of January. Does anyone know if you need to have your booster to get into Italy?

I had my second jab at the end of November but I’m not eligible for the booster until the end of February.

on the NHS app, go to get pass, then travel. It will have an expiration date for your pass. As long as this pass is in date whilst you're there, you're fine and you can get the super green pass that is required in Italy to enter bars/public places etc
ski holidays
Wow. The wording is crystal clear. It states that for PCR tests it must be within 48 hours of coming from the UK as opposed to 72 hours from other countries. OR a negative Antigen (LFD) within 24 hour is accepted. I do not see at all how the wording is confusing or could be misunderstood. And a very quick search of this forum would have confirmed what is needed including from people who have recently travelled to Italy. So stop panicking!

You need a QR code, and you cannot use NHS LFD tests for this purpose.

No you don't need a booster, vaccine validity is up to 6 months from your last vaccine. If it is longer than that you need to get the booster anyway!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy