Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

teenagers feb half term daily antigen tests via doctolib cancelled???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all, i have just had several emails from Doctolib website, cancelling both my 15yo daughter and friends 15yo son, who i also had booked his tests for, daily antigen tests at the pharmacy in les menuires for feb half term.

there is no reason given for the cancellations, and when i look at the website to see about rebooking, there do not seem to be any dates available to book from late January anymore, calendar cuts off after this date.

has anyone else, who had managed to book tests via Doctolib, had similar notifications, either for Les Menuires or elsewhere?

i have tried calling the pharmacy direct, but strangely my mobile provider blocks the call, and there does not seem to be an email address for the pharmacy to contact them either via their website, but i will try and do other searches to see if i can find it.

hopefully they know something i don't know, and tests are not required anymore for under 16yo brits Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

otherwise, if they are still required and i cannot get appointments, i will be pulling the plug on the trip, i have until next Sunday to cancel for free before paying the remaining balance on the apartment. i was also waiting to see by then, if any announcements from the french government regarding relaxation of the travel rules would have been notified, as if no relaxation confirmed, i would definitely pull the plug anyway.

i was feeling all smug a few weeks ago, when i had managed to get the Doctolib app working and get the bookings made Sad Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi - I don't think that rules have been relaxed yet, I'd call the Tourist Office in Les Menuires - +33 4 79 00 73 00. On my app, appointments still available in Morzine pharmacy for half term, so I think it is maybe something specific to the Les Menuires pharmacy? I did have appointments booked every day for testing at Feb Half term, but pulled the plug a few weeks ago as just suddenly felt like all to much hoop jumping. Can you slip it to Easter hols?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wonder if it is related to passe vaccinal? Everyone 16+ needs a vaccine from 15th Jan and will not be able to test instead. There was some debate about the rules for 12-15 year olds going forward but I am not sure of the scope. The government wanted 12+ to be vaccine only (and no option to test) but the law was amended so as not to exclude unvaccinated teens from school and extra-curricular activities (and to continue with the testing alternative). I am not sure if for private sporting activities you are still able to test or not to be honest.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@trmacc, i am 50/50 on the feb trip anyway, i have the feeling our friends will pull the plug soon, as they were not keen on the "hoop jumping" either, if that was the case i am sure my daughters would not be too upset about not going this feb.

i am taking my daughters away already at easter, to france and belguim, and even then i will have to see what restrictions (if any) are in place by then.

if feb half term is cancelled, i have been thinking about a ski trip for xmas 22, and maybe to italy, but not a case of flouncing from france, but more of a case that my girls have never been to italy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Skimum1, both my girls will be double jabbed by then, but obviously there is the ongoing issue with QR codes for my 15yo, and she will not be able to get jabbed until end jan/early feb.

18yo already double jabbed, but she just needs to get her back bottom in gear and get her app to show this. no doubt if it was researching different shades of finger nail polish she would be all over it by now Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@trmacc, i have had a couple of responses from the tourist office, via their messaging service, apparently the croisette pharmacy does not have an email address (FFS!!), and they suggested trying to book online!!
or the other option is getting a bus up to the reberty area every evening for testing, which would be a PITA!!.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When pass sanitaire becomes pass vaccinal it will apply to 16 and over only. No official word yet on what will be required to use ski lifts etc but should be clarified in the next few days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowrider everything I can find says the 16 and over thing is only for school activities or extra curricular. For everything else it is still 12+. If you have better news than that then that would be amazing as we have a 12 year old that is going to be a bit stuck….
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All just rumours at the moment, just have to wait for the official word.
FYI the cut off at the moment here in the 3V is 12 years and 2 months not 12 years if that makes any difference. I have a client hopefully coming later in the season who will be 12 years and 1 day old when they arrive but will not need a covid pass under the current rules.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i had appointments booked at the same pharmacy for this week. I had reminders to attend send to me via text. at this point I remembered I had booked teh slots ages ago and went in and cancelled them all. I also had appointments booked in morzine as a back up as we had decided which resort we would go to. The morzine ones got cancelled automatically by the pharmacy. I have largely ignored all this testing stuff as I came to the conclusion before xmas that we would not be travelling anyway and we should wait until he has had his 2nd jab at the end of this month before making any decisions. we then need to work out how to prove he has had them !
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Folks be aware you can now get QR codes for vaccinated teenagers now. Takes about a week to come. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
backhojo wrote:
i had appointments booked at the same pharmacy for this week. I had reminders to attend send to me via text. at this point I remembered I had booked teh slots ages ago and went in and cancelled them all. I also had appointments booked in morzine as a back up as we had decided which resort we would go to. The morzine ones got cancelled automatically by the pharmacy. I have largely ignored all this testing stuff as I came to the conclusion before xmas that we would not be travelling anyway and we should wait until he has had his 2nd jab at the end of this month before making any decisions. we then need to work out how to prove he has had them !

once he has had both jabs you can request a letter from the nhs either by rigning 119 or visiting the nhs.uk website and ordering the letter - they say it can take up to 7 days
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andmelffion wrote:
backhojo wrote:

once he has had both jabs you can request a letter from the nhs either by rigning 119 or visiting the nhs.uk website and ordering the letter - they say it can take up to 7 days

dont think this letter will have the QR codes on it though ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If your son has had both jabs, the NHS letter will have the requisite QR codes. I ordered the letter the day after the 2nd vaccination and it came within a week. The codes work fine with Tousanticovid and VerificaC19 apps
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ma94jcg, cheers for that info, once my youngest has had her 2nd jab in late jan/early feb, i will request the letter, and see how we get on. my gut feeling is still to cancel feb half term, i have a week to decide, as we are due to travel to Europe over Easter for a non skiing trip, then go away xmas skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy