Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best travel insurance for medical conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I normally go for Stay sure insurance for our skiing holiday as they have been good with both my medical conditions Crohns and osteoporosis (although I have moved to osteopenia now). They seem to have good covid cover too.

It takes forever to do the quotes (especially when you have medical conditions) so I thought I would ask to save time and effort - has anyone found any other good insurance for medical conditions skiing so I can compare???
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can only relate my experience I tried LV for a quote last year but returned to Nationwide Flexplus with addon's for age and medical conditions it was still cheaper than LV and I get breakdown and mobile phone cover thrown in.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I tried LV for a quote last year but returned to Nationwide Flexplus with addon's for age and medical conditions it was still cheaper than LV and I get breakdown and mobile phone cover thrown in.

I've stuck to Nationwide Flexplus for the same reasons. Used the breakdown cover twice over the years (once in Chambery airport, on an icy cold night, when I'd left the lights on for a week Embarassed ). @Elsie80, I have osteopenia - how did you get from there to osteoporosis. Drugs?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Elsie80, All companies ask the same questions, so it takes just as long

My suggestion would be to go to a 'comparison' website such as moneysupermarket.com :: you still have to put all the details in, but the site will save them for you if/when you revisit (need to set up an account with them..)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jaxskis, @pam w,
I think Nationwide changed insurance companies a few months ago - so they may be some differences in what you think you are covered for.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I tried LV for a quote last year but returned to Nationwide Flexplus with addon's for age and medical conditions it was still cheaper than LV and I get breakdown and mobile phone cover thrown in.

I've stuck to Nationwide Flexplus for the same reasons. Used the breakdown cover twice over the years (once in Chambery airport, on an icy cold night, when I'd left the lights on for a week Embarassed ). @Elsie80, I have osteopenia - how did you get from there to osteoporosis. Drugs?

Hi there - my osteoporosis was because of a terrible diet when I was very ill in my 20’s and 30’s and my bone density got worse and worse. Found out after my kids were born and have been working it up with calcium tablets and vit D and a better diet now I have had a bowel resection. I think by my next scan next year I hope to be near normal for my age - fingers crossed. Such a pain for insurance though, especially skiing!

Unfortunately I don’t have a nationwide account so will have to look elsewhere. Thank you!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Elsie80, I had a hip resurfacing 10 or 11 years ago, and the insurance thing did worry me for a few years.

Some insurers ask specific questions for pre existing conditions, but then allow them anyway depending on the answers - I have used Snowcard in the past, indeed I have bought cover for this season (I called them to be 100% sure that what I stated on the website was acceptable) and its fine for mine.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just spotted this thread and even though it is a few months old, thought i would add a comment for any one stumbling on it in the future!

I use Stay Sure and have done ever since I obliterated my knee snowboarding (ACL, meniscus, bone damage etc) and lots of other companies wouldn't touch me for ski insurance.
The Snow Sure "medical conditions" wizard is all online and only takes me a few minutes to complete each. maybe doing it over the phone is slower, but online it's pretty quick. I've had a knee reconstruction, major shoulder surgery and also have MS. The knee and shoulder don't add anything extra on, and MS only added £8 on!

I haven't shopped around, but don't think anyone else would come close to the cover i get from Stay Sure.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy