Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 day lateral flows

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Does anyone know how the 2 day lateral flow requirement on return to the U.K. will work. As they don’t come with a ref no like the previous PCR 2 days how will this be managed by the departure staff at the airport. I have some chronomics packs lying around but how will that be proven to allow me to board? There is a requirement to book the test before you fly back. I wonder if showing proof of purchase will suffice?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jakemanc wrote:
Hello all,

Does anyone know how the 2 day lateral flow requirement on return to the U.K. will work. As they don’t come with a ref no like the previous PCR 2 days how will this be managed by the departure staff at the airport. I have some chronomics packs lying around but how will that be proven to allow me to board? There is a requirement to book the test before you fly back. I wonder if showing proof of purchase will suffice?

There should be a code that comes with your chronimics pack that you will need to put on your passenger locator form. Same for PCR and LFT AFAIK.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jakemanc wrote:
Hello all,

you will receive a code on your confirmation of purchase email that you can use on your PLF
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is an order number only. the pl ref is blank. These were bought originally as ftf tests for the way back and are no longer required for that purpose. I was hoping to use them for the 2 day lft.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
having bought a fit to fly test and a day 2 test from randox, the fit to flys just give you an order no. and the day 2 tests give you a booking number - which is what you need for your PLF.

At the moment i have a fit to fly test that is now redundant and cannot be used as a day 2 test (even thought its the same thing) as no booking number provided as it wasnt ordered as a day 2 test. ive emailed randox to see if they will 'swap it' and give me a booking number but not holding out any hope.

Basically all you are paying for with the LFT is a cert to fly for a fit to fly test and booking number for a day 2 tests - the tests are exactly the same.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We have 2 of the fit to fly tests, got them for France last year and they stopped testing...then we thought we could use them coming from Spain in October and they changed the rules, so seems we are stuck with them,
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep that’s what I suspected …….. what a pain!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got a mail from Prenetics - they're allowing me to use me pre-departure LFT as a day 2 LFT. I have codes for the PLF and everything
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you need to email the provider and they should let you switch and provide correct codes.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Most companies will let you change the use, but you will need to contact them to get a reference number for your plf, and pay any price difference for the tests.

The tests are the same, but the paperwork the Company has to do is different, as they have to notify the result of the 2 day test to track and trace if it's positive.

I had to do this for the Psb. The tests have a shelf life of 12 months, so can be saved for future trips.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've repurposed my spare C19 tests today from fit to fly to Day 2. Very quick and simple via their website so hopefully other companies will offer the same thing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’ve asked chronomics the same as I have 6 left over. They are very slow at replying at all, not keen to use them again!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Chuckles3, Which company was that?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Skimum1, same here, I have a couple left over as well. Currently their website says:
Quote:
Please note: If you have an existing Lateral Flow test (Eg. A Test to Return - Rapid Antigen) this can't be used as a Day 2 test, you'll need to purchase a specific Day 2 Lateral Flow test instead. This is because when you buy Day 2 rapid antigens from us you get the testing kit as well as the service surrounding the kit (customer account creation, results notification, notification to Government for tracking via a passenger locator number etc) and this service is not transferable between test types.
Oddly enough, the new Day2 price seems to be exactly what I paid for the TestToReturn pack... rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skimum1 wrote:
I’ve asked chronomics the same as I have 6 left over. They are very slow at replying at all, not keen to use them again!

I sent them an email about sending my tests back on 19th December - no reply. Been meaning to phone.
ski holidays
C19
Appear to have this nailed

https://helpcentre.c19testing.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/4409382584081?input_string=flowflex+antigen+rapid+test

just use their website to obtain the booking reference needed for you PLF
latest report
MorningGory wrote:
@Chuckles3, Which company was that?

C19 Testing. They have been exceptionally helpful previously and again this morning. I'm planning a second trip in March so I'm more than likely to use them again after such good customer service.
snow report
I've had a response back from Qured, where I asked if I can use the Return to UK LFT for the Day 2 LFT. They've said the best approach is to order the Day 2 LFT, which then gives me the reference number you need. Then contact then to cancel the delivery, which means the courier won't send me the LFT and they will refund me - and then I can go ahead and use the Return to UK LFT that I already have.
snow conditions
C19 testing were good for me too when DPD lost the parcel, sent a replacement out straight away.
ski holidays
Skimum1 wrote:

They are v slow and they have lots of reasons aimed at not refunding you even tho there is the 14 day online cooling off period.
I will not use them or Prenetics/Project Screen again for different reasons tho P do not quibble about the 14 day refund.
latest report
We have just cancelled our FTF and day 2 PCR package with chronomics online. We have the FTF already. They issued a refund straight away, ok we may have to wait 10 days to arrive in account, but can live with that. no mention of sending them back. And we have rebooked the day 2 LFT for around £18 each, PLF codes sent straight through
ski holidays
@jakemanc, Depends on your supplier.

C19testing had an online form to repurpose lft tests. I had a fit to fly, rules changed so didn't need it, changed it to day 2 return, C19 issued the kit with a new code for the locator form, rules changed so didn't use it, ended up using it for a fit to fly. C19testing were very helpful.

Check the FAQS with your supplier they may be as helpful as C19
snow conditions
@snowornever,

Thanks for the link on the C19 website which tells us that we can "repurpose" Lat Flow Tests bought from them.

Unfortunately working through their website I cannot find how you obtain a "PLF Reference" to repurpose the test to make it a "Day 2" test.
snow report
welshflyer wrote:
@snowornever,

Thanks for the link on the C19 website which tells us that we can "repurpose" Lat Flow Tests bought from them.

Unfortunately working through their website I cannot find how you obtain a "PLF Reference" to repurpose the test to make it a "Day 2" test.

first link is the page from their FAQs, contains a link to their website to fill the form in to repurpose the test kit

https://helpcentre.c19testing.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/4409382584081-Can-I-repurpose-my-rapid-antigen-travel-test-to-a-Day-2-rapid-antigen-test-

and here is the form page to complete....simples?

https://www.c19testing.co.uk/generateplfref/

I plan to do this for a trip coming up at start feb so do let us know how you get on
snow report
welshflyer wrote:
@snowornever,

first link is the page from their FAQs, contains a link to their website to fill the form in to repurpose the test kit

https://helpcentre.c19testing.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/4409382584081-Can-I-repurpose-my-rapid-antigen-travel-test-to-a-Day-2-rapid-antigen-test-

and here is the form page to complete....simples?

I plan to do this for a trip coming up at start feb so do let us know how you get on
snow report
The C19 website now does show the "repurposing" page on their website.

I wish other test providers were as on the ball as C19.
ski holidays
@snowornever,

Thanks the C19 website has just been updated.

You may want to wait to repurpose them because the rules could change again. I bought my test kits a while ago and the rules have changed at least 2x since I bought them.
ski holidays
We have kits from "Flysurance" - just went on the website and there is a banner headline advertising repurposing the kits. Filled in the simple online form (did have one query, and an email was replied to immediately), and now waiting. They do say the requests will be dealt with in return to UK order, but service so far is excellent.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
welshflyer wrote:
@snowornever,

Thanks the C19 website has just been updated.

You may want to wait to repurpose them because the rules could change again. I bought my test kits a while ago and the rules have changed at least 2x since I bought them.

Yes waiting til week before the trip to do anything!!
snow report
We'll Flysurance have come through pretty well, our £16 test to return kits have been repurposed as Day Two kits, and we have the references for the PLF, all within a couple of hours of first looking, and no extra charges.
ski holidays
I have managed to repurpose LFTs from Randox to use as the Day 2 test - called them and after about 30 mins on hold I spoke to a human who emailed me with codes for use with the UK PLT. Email arrived within minutes!

If I'm honest, I wasn't expecting it to be so easy - I was expecting they'd say to cancel the original order for a refund, then order more to use as the day 2 test. This would have been awkward, as the original order was for 6 tests, of which 3 were for the outbound journey (Switzerland) and 3 for the return. So a result!

The only downside is that there is a cancellation fee on the drive-through PCR tests that I had booked. But I get some money back and don't have to drive all the way to Livingston.
latest report
Here's the reply I got from Testing for All:

Thank you for the email.
You are correct that the lateral flow tests are the same.
It's when you activate them that matters, so you can activate as a day 2 or a fit to fly once received.
Hope this helps
David
Testing for All
snow report
Hmm. Chronomics seem to be the unhelpful exception. Response from their Customer Service below:
Quote:
Thanks for contacting us, I hope you're well.

We sell tests as a service not just as a product. When you buy Day 2 tests from us you get the testing kit as well as the service surrounding the kit (customer account creation, results notification, notification to Government for tracking via PLF etc).

The service purchased differs depending on why the test is needed. Tests must be bought for a specific purpose and are not transferrable between purposes, so you can't use a Test to Return rapid antigen as a Day 2 for instance.

Kind regards,
Seems like the flimsiest of justifications. Given the ever-changing circumstances, don't use Chronomics.
snow conditions
I had the same issue with Chronomics. Fortunately I was able to use them as fit-to-fly tests so didn't matter for me, but next time I will choose one of the alternatives who has allowed some flexibility.
snow report
@PinkPig, I was really impressed with Flysurance, at a time when everything seems difficult, it was really easy to repurpose our kits, and they responded really quickly. Credit to them, I really didn't expect it to be that easy.
latest report
wibble44 wrote:
Hmm. Chronomics seem to be the unhelpful exception. Response from their Customer Service below:
Quote:
Thanks for contacting us, I hope you're well.

We sell tests as a service not just as a product. When you buy Day 2 tests from us you get the testing kit as well as the service surrounding the kit (customer account creation, results notification, notification to Government for tracking via PLF etc).

The service purchased differs depending on why the test is needed. Tests must be bought for a specific purpose and are not transferrable between purposes, so you can't use a Test to Return rapid antigen as a Day 2 for instance.

Kind regards,
Seems like the flimsiest of justifications. Given the ever-changing circumstances, don't use Chronomics.

Flimsy indeed, especially as they are selling the day 2 lateral flow for exactly the same price as the fit to fly lateral flow (at least for Crystal/Tui customers).

Fit to Fly antigen (lateral flow), £15
Test to Return antigen (lateral flow), £15
Day 2 lateral flow - £15
Day 2 PCR - £35
ski holidays
@PinkPig, is the certificate generated by chronomics accepted as a fit to fly? I know the test is the same and it should be but I was worried it would say "Return to UK" or similar which I know shouldn't matter but it's not nice to have hiccups checking in. I can use most of mine up that way which will lessen the blow.

And will never book chronomics again! Repurposed my single C19 left over instantly - brilliant!
latest report
I have to post all my unused tests back to Randox for anything to happen. It's a lot of money to be just sitting on my table (for four people), so I guess I will have to suck up the cost of the postage and send back to their warehouse over the weekend.
snow conditions
Skimum1 wrote:
@PinkPig, is the certificate generated by chronomics accepted as a fit to fly? I know the test is the same and it should be but I was worried it would say "Return to UK" or similar which I know shouldn't matter but it's not nice to have hiccups checking in. I can use most of mine up that way which will lessen the blow.

And will never book chronomics again! Repurposed my single C19 left over instantly - brilliant!

Great question. I fly tomorrow so I will report back if I have any problems. The certificate doesn’t say ‘return to UK’. What it does say is ‘Immunochromatograpic SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid assay (lateral flow)‘.

We are flying BA and it has been accepted by VeriFLY so I expect BA will let us on, hope no problems at Swiss immigration.
ski holidays
@PinkPig, Thanks. That sounds really promising and great it’s been accepted by verifly . Have a great time!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy