Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morgins Reviews

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are due to go to Morzine on the 3rd Feb but due to the restrictions we are looking at a plan B so I have booked an airbnb in Morgins. You can cancel it a week in advance for a full refund and by the 28th Jan I am sure we will be clear on whether France is still a no go and whether Switzerland are still allowing us in so it made sense to get a safety net in place.

I have been to Chatel many times in the past and have passed through Morgins but not really stopped to have a look around.

Can anyone who has stayed there give some info on what to expect? We went to Chatel 5 years running up to 2013 and it always seemed to have a few lively Apres bars and then a few that stayed open late so we always had a decent time. We spent the next 6-7 years going to Les Gets and Morzine which are considerably livelier but in 2019 we returned to Chatel and I would say the Apres was non existent by then, 3-4 of the bars we used to go to are now restaurants and only one stays open late. It was good enough but we went back to Les Gets afterwards as it just sees to work for us.

I would be interested in what Morgins may have in store for us, restaurants, Apres and any bars that do a late one should we be in the mood for it, surprisingly little on the internet when you look up reviews and restaurants etc. To be honest if we can have a few beers, a meal and a bit of skiing we will be absolutely made up considering the last 2 years and the current situation.

I am also hearing stories from some Australians and Dutch friends that there are loads of English in the French resorts, they seem to be travelling in from surrounding countries and nobody is checking them, to those that live over there, is that just an urban myth?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 5-01-22 13:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mheadbee, you might want to correct the spelling in your post title, you’ll get more answers of people know you’re posting about Morzine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it might be Morgins.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Indeed, headbangemoji.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mheadbee wrote:
We are due to go to Morzine on the 3rd Feb but due to the restrictions we are looking at a plan B so I have booked an airbnb Morgine…

Its all a bit unclear- “Morzine” “Morgine”
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mheadbee, There seem to be quite a few anglophones around, but there are many in Cham with properties, and many come up from Geneva, where there are many. Hard to know if there's anything going on.

Haven't spent much time in Morgins, but if you come across a place proposing turnip fondue, avoid the fondue like the plague. Truly a terrifying mixture and I really like turnip.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mheadbee, I've passed through many, many times both on ski and car or bike. If you just want dinner out and a few beers you'll be fine. It doesn't strike me as a party town though.

3 Feb is a Thursday. Is that right? In any event French vacances scolaires start the following week (but only one zone and not Paris until the following week) so Swiss side may well be less busy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy