Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The not-so-secrets of an Open Lift Mountain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taken day before yesterday, Fri May 20 2006. Snow Base=2.3m

Looking out towards Flute bowl and Piccolo bowl, Burnt Stew Trail (groomed) visible.

Standing at the top of the Saddle.

Taken from the Red chair, overlooking Franz's chair, onto Surprise, The Saddle.

Boarder heading towards the Pony Trail, Franz's Meadow in the background.

Looking up the Saddle, T-Bar run on lookers Left

Cornice ready to drop.....

A Black Bear under the Whistler Gondola. Awwww. Cute.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice pics.

we named the bear "barry" a week or two back, (don't ask why). He seems to be there every day, though you seem to have the best pic at the moment. Below is one of mine.

I got within 10m of a bear the day before near green lake which was rather too close for comfort.

btw, is that the cornice for the "alien" line, aka dilemma in the book?

And just so everyone in the uk doesn't feel to bad/jealous, it rained here today!

And the swimming in lost lake is rather chilly still. That is me out there on the pontoon, having swum out complete with my plaster cast on my broken wrist.

Back "home" next weekend, dammit. veeeight, when are you heading home?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wonderful pics. Thank you both.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sigh... I have to get back there soon. Nice pics.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm heading back to the UK (notice I didn't use the word "home" wink ) far too soon. Tomorrow. Sad

Broken wrist? Shocked Surely not skiing? Falling over drunk in the village?

It's quite amusing to see the downhillers hammering it down the trails, then when they approach "Barry" - they gingerly take a wide route around him! Probably wise!

Just reading a piece in The Pique about how the berry crop is late this year, so our hungry furry friends are heading for all the lush grass in the open, on the lower mountain, slopes, golf courses etc.! So lots of opportunity for Bear sighting at the moment!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is there always skiing in Whistler in May, and how is it? Typical spring snow I'd guess?????
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whistler Mountain season is open till June 4th, then the Glacier on Blackcomb is open for Summer Skiing.

Well, up until a few days ago, it was proper winter snow up top. Then it got really warm at the top, and now it's firm in the mornings, and spring conditions in the afternoon!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
veeeight wrote:

Broken wrist? Shocked Surely not skiing? Falling over drunk in the village?

Yes it was skiing!

Down wildcard, on last day in april on frozen rock solid moguls.

My Volkl Race deptartment Slalom skis both destroyed themselves, as the VIST race plates ripped the skis apart.
I then fell awkwardly (and painfully)

They have had a problem for a while, as both skis started delaminating under the toe piece. A local shop and even the volkl canada rep i took them to here loked at them and iniatlly thought that I had stripped the threads, but when looking at them saw the screws were fine. The top metal sheet was pulling away from the rest of the ski. They were not able to replace them with new ones (none in stock till July), and told me to ski them out. The volkl UK rep told me to bring them back to the UK (not that practical in Canada).

I think as the delamination grew, water was able to get into the core and further weaken the ski. I only ever skied on slalom courses until the delamination started, and otherwise the skis are in as new condition.

This is the last shot of me using them that i have, which is racing in Sun Peaks at the canadian masters.

Below is a close up, where you can see the problem. The vist plate is supposed to sit flush with the surface such that you shuld only see a lighter black, and not the dark black which is the shadow underneath the plate! Shocked

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 27-06-06 15:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks for that. I can see my line from Flute on that top pic Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy