Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra - Travel Via Spain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning All,

Despite reading the Spanish and UK Government websites multiple times, and some other sources, it is still not clear to me whether an individual can fly into Spain, then travel to a final destination in Andorra, without having had the vaccine. Transit unvaccinated is allowed, but I feel this is purely within the airport and onto another flight.

Has anyone unvaccinated travelled this side of Christmas to Andorra, via Spain?

France of course is also an option typically, but I think I have come to the conclusion that it simply is not possible with their current entry rules.

Thanks in advance Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My understanding is that an unvaccinated person unless they are under 12 accompanied by a vaccinated adult cannot enter Spain for tourism purposes. You are right that our is not possible.
Andorra check v vaccine status at restaurants and someone's on lifts as well and they would be barred from entry
So sorry the answer is no
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@AJW85, there is absolutely no point coming to Andorra unvaccinated. You won’t be able to do anything. Even though it isn’t part of the regulations, I even saw a security guard at one of the supermarkets (randomly) asking to see some people’s vaccination passports.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have only looked at the UK .gov site for Andorra. All seemed ok.

Have since gone to the Andorra tourist board site and it's a completely different story, as you say!

Thanks for the replies though!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am looking at Andorra for a week (flying 15th Jan). Had to chage from Austria as one of the party can't get boosted in time (not an anti-vax situ, just timings)

I found this https://visitandorra.com/en/covid-19-in-andorra/faq-if-you-are-coming-to-ski-or-spend-the-day-at-one-of-our-ski-resorts/ and it seems very clear to me - Covid passport, 2nd jab no more than 270 days. Shown on NHS app as evidence.

Flying to Barcelona needs a form in advance as well as the above passport.

That is the basis for me making the changes from Austria to Andorra.

Does anyone have any advice on Barcelona to Andorra driving tips?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@andyp95, my only tips are don't crash into the petrol station wall en route, then miss the turning for Andorra and have to ask for directions at a French police station. That's what I did about 20 years ago, and my ski-mate and I barely exchanged words all week. We laugh about it now though.

For the more competent driver, it seemed a pretty straightforward route (weather permitting).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyp95 wrote:

Does anyone have any advice on Barcelona to Andorra driving tips?

Road is straight forward, except the first part out of the airport. Need to keep an eye out for the A2 towards Lleida (don;t bother taking the other route via the tolled tunnel - it will only save a couple of minutes). Up the A2 until you get the turn-off to Andorra. There are actually two, but you can take either and you will eventually end up going through the town of Pons. From there is is just winding through a bunch of towns and tunnels until yout get to Andorra. The drive should take you 3h or less.

You can take the AndBus if you so choose instead. It will drop you at your hotel.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Personally I'd go for the second turn off the A2 towards Andorra at 520

Timing between the tow is similar, but first one ends up in narrowish twisty roads towards the end just before you join the C14 to Andorra, so second one is a more pleasant drive

Also, if you're self catering and want a quick stock up of food/drink for the first night the petrol station / Bonarea at Guissona (roughly halfway between the A2 and the C14) has a decent supermarket
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I prefer the second turn off from the A2 too and Bon Area is a regular stop for us as well.

@andyp95, if you are hiring a car it won’t have winter tyres. You’ll need chains. Either hire them or buy some from a supermarket.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all that info & advice.

I was thinking A2 for a bit of a long straight road before the twists & turns closer to Andorra Smile

@hammerite - ty for the snow chain advice Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Given the direction things are moving in Austria we're also switching to Arinsal having been there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Planning to fly into BCN and take the AndBus.

We're all good from a vaccine passport perspective and the skiing rules seem clear but I just wanted to ask what the situation actually is in town? Are bars/restaurants open and is it fairly easy to walk into places to eat/drink? We're not looking for a massive party but keen to be able to get a couple of beers at the end of the day, will we be needing to pre-book everything if we want to go out for a meal in the evenings?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Given the direction things are moving in Austria we're also switching to Arinsal having been there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Planning to fly into BCN and take the AndBus.

We're all good from a vaccine passport perspective and the skiing rules seem clear but I just wanted to ask what the situation actually is in town? Are bars/restaurants open and is it fairly easy to walk into places to eat/drink? We're not looking for a massive party but keen to be able to get a couple of beers at the end of the day, will we be needing to pre-book everything if we want to go out for a meal in the evenings?

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bars and restaurants will ask for covid passes. They’re running at part capacity too, but it doesn’t seem too bad. No more than 6 at a table inside.

I’m not in Arinsal, so can’t comment on needing to book to get into places there. In Andorra as a whole though, I’ve not had a problem getting in anywhere apart from one restaurant (that has only just opened and therefore possibly more popular). It was cold and snowy on Wednesday and there did seem to be queues to get in some of the restaurants on the mountain because no one wanted to sit outside! Wednesday was also quite busy. I’d imagine it’ll be quieter in the next few weeks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jpberks wrote:

Arinsal is open for business Very Happy Very Happy

Just bring your Covid docs as it will usually be checked.

You might need to pre-book a table at some places, especially for Friday nights & weekends.

As per usual good food to be found at Fugazetta, Hunters, California Grill, El Bosc (no English service, but very friendly).

On the resort, El Refugi was only serving snacks on the top level and drinks outside due to an Omicron outbreak last week. Should be good again next week. El Derby, Polar & Obelix are fully operational.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks both - thats really helpful. Will go ahead and get it booked up!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy