Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Archeology: What Ski skis like a Scott Crusair?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there!

among the many skis I have had (50/50 resort/touring use) I have had, the Scott Crusair (white/black/orange Version) stands out, at least in my memories. Reliable in most any snow, skinned well, crisp, not overly demanding ride, some energy to it for piste riding...you name it.

Can somebody tell from personal experience which recent ski will be somewhat similar?

At this Point I am riding a QST106 and a Dynafit Beast 98, both nice skis but none of them is the jack of all trades that the crusair was...latest Scott superguides seem overly stiff and demanding.

any hints are much appreciated!

cheers,
dan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you actually tried the latest Superguide 95's? IMO they're the best package on the market for performance/weight/price. I've sold a lot of them to a wide variety of skiers and never received any "overly stiff and demanding" comments, in fact everyone loves them. They are a longer radius than a number of their competitors (a good thing IMO) but if you want a turnier ski look at the Scott Slight 93.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi Jon

thanks for the input!

what makes me wary about the latest scott skis is their very stiff "shop flex" and reviews, ie by german alpin mag, who describe the superguides and to some extent also the slight as demanding skis.
back then, the crusairs accompained me a few years from mediocre offpiste skills to some pretty gnarly skiing in northern norway, so they cannot possibly have been "demanding" i believe?

any further insight appreciated!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My hunch - which is no more than that - is I find it hard to believe that the Scotts will be demanding....It's not a trait I associate with the brand. I have "The Ski", which is fun, playful and undemanding to ski, both On and Off piste.

BTW. Welcome to snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@danbre2022, I second what @spyderjon has said: I've skied Scotts for about 15 years - I had the old powd'airs and the superguide 105. These are not demanding skis! The scrapper 115 could be described as demanding/aggressive as it has fairly stiff tails but as long as you get on the front of them they won't tire you out. What you're probably feeling in the shop is the underfoot stiffness - they get progressively softer towards the tip and tail.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Our resident OAP @Weathercam was raving about the Scott Freetour 105 so it can’t be too demanding.

I had a pair of 1st gen Crusairs in 2010 that I really liked but mainly ski on DPS skis now. I’ve got the Pagoda Tour 112 which might be a bit wide for what you’re looking for. My mates rave about their Pagoda Tour C2 94 (her) and 106 (him).

I got a few recommendations for the Atomic Backland 100 if you’re looking for something on the lighter end.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy