Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski Holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Myself and some friends have a ski holiday booked with Crystal Ski. Long story short, due to vaccination batches (and some not having a booster) it is no longer feasible to go. I’ve tried to talk to Crystal Ski but it’s taking forever to hear back. I’ve been instructed to do a chargeback but due to using a bank account that is now closed, I need to know exactly how the company name appeared on my statement! I know they are owned by TUI so I’m not sure if it would’ve come under Crystal Ski or TUI! Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This appears on my bank statement (mind, it is from 2020, so may have changed..)

CRYSTALHOLS.CO.UK CD 2318
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Rg1991, making a chargeback when you want to cancel a holiday due to your own circumstances sounds like it could be fraudulent to me. Who is that has 'instructed' you to do this and in what capacity?

My advice would be to talk to Crystal and cancel your holiday through them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Speak to Crystal, might be a faf getting through but its your best, 1st course of action. we had to re-arrange at short notice last week and we had two phone running constantly to get through, had to be 12/14 hours in total on hold - horrible really but very helpful when you do get through, not their fault understaffed and overworked at the minute but cant fault their helpfulness once we got hold of them
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have tried numerous times to speak to CS but have struggled big time getting through. I'm back to work later on so won't have time to sit on hold for hours at a time again! The goalposts have been changed enough times for a normal holiday to be cancelled and fully refunded but CS seem adamant to keep changing things without any offer of a refund. My neighbour who previously worked with Citizens Advice (retired a good few years so things may have changed) recommended it!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you got records of when you called etc. IMO its risky doing a charge back as if Crystal show you have broken T&Cs you could be liable for even more money. Remember that if you have accepted a change you will have accepted the T&Cs of the new holiday.

Not surprisingly they have been very busy, that said I've got through both times after about an hour. If not then send them an email.

Regarding the changes, have you requested a change or have they cancelled the holiday and let you rebook?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think if you did a chargeback they would refute it as you haven't been through any proper channels yet. What grounds would you be using for the chargeback?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Booked a last minute cheapie for my kids last week and came up as crystalhols.co.uk
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Crystal is currently offering changes on date/destination up to 14 days before travel for those going this month. 28 days for changes to Feb/March travel. This means you can move to next year if needed or change to a country that accepts your parties vacc circumstances.

Reading your post, you won’t have a case to do a chargeback or claim via bank account (or credit card) in your circumstances. The issues you have are not the fault or failing of the supplier & the offer above is their way of at least going some way to offer assistance to those travelling.

I have seen them state as long as you’ve sent your request via email to the pre travel email address within the above timeframes, they will honour it even if they are slow to respond.

It’s pants & you don’t need the hassle or stress but I’m afraid, changing the trip would be the only way to avoid losing everything.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is impossible to get throught to them, been waiting 4 hours!
Does anyone have an alternative number to 020 3451 2821 please?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They do answer eventually ...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Everyone dies eventually
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hamilton wrote:
They do answer eventually ...

Hmm, but I have to work for a living so can't spend all day every day on hold to them. I spent over 10 hrs on hold between Friday and Sunday without getting through to them.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I spoke to them late November to move trip from xmas to half term - that was one hour forty five mins on hold, but the operator could not have been more helpful when I got through.

Now need to move trip from half term to next xmas but phone lines seem busier this time: I was on hold for 2 hours Friday afternoon before giving up, 4 hours Sunday afternoon before their lines closed, and 3 hours 49 minutes and counting this afternoon.

Like other poster the worry is missing the "28 days before departure" deadline for making a change.

But stop the presses - they've just picked up after 3 hours 52mins and are making the change while I type.

Took a while but got there in the end!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
3hours 30mins and 8 seconds for me to get through today. Holiday now moved back to this Saturday. Very Happy
latest report
Been trying to get through on the phone and social media ,no joy,I wanted to amend my booking but online would not work.Tried again last night the online app accepted my changes and altered the final payment which was due last Saturday.Panic over
snow conditions
Eventually after 4hrs got through to someone (who appeared to have a single brain cell), they asked us to email "amendments" (i.e. rebook since my daughter had Covid) direct to them, which we did, they did nothing, so had to call back the following day and wait over 4hrs again. Unfortunately got through to the same person - cut a long story short, the accommodation we'd selected was now fully booked so we had to start over. She did some of it over the phone but made a hash of it.
Anyway now not sure we can go to Italy as my daughter will in all likelihood test positive on PCR tests for several weeks/months to come!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy