Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salz transfer to Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Happy New Year to all!

I am organising a boys trip to Saalbach in late Feb. There are 9 of us. Any ideas on the best way to transfer to resort?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Holiday Shuttle (holiday-shuttle.at) runs between Salzburg airport and Saalbach-Hinterglemm several times a day and costs 100 € round trip pp. Though as there are 9 of you I suspect you’re not going to fit in one small bus. But then again as there are so many of you, booking a private minibus from them just for you guys might end up thereabouts or cheaper - maybe 700 € for a round trip? Think you’ll have to quote for a price according to your schedules.

It’s a lot cheaper to take the train from Salzburg to Zell am See and Postbus or a couple of taxis from there to Saalbach. But as Salzburg airport doesn’t have a train station you’re looking at a bus transfer from the airport to the city, a train and a bus/taxi from Zell to Saalbach.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gazzaredcruiser,

As ever depends on budget, cheapest by bus which takes a while involves a few changes I think, some swear by it. You can get most of way by train, but need to get from airport to the train station on the bus and then do last bit by bus and then you still need to get to your accommodation.

Look at holiday-shuttle.at, they do the best shared transfer but only if you are 3 or less, €105 return. 4 or more a private transfer is best value and straight door to door. They also do private.

Just looked and they have a vip bus for 19 at €580 each way, but also do a 4 seater and 8 seater which works out better €430 each way (€48 each for 9 of you) they will discount 5% for return.

Never personally transferred with any more than 3, so not reached out to other minibus companies of which there will be many, holiday-shuttle.at are big and so have plenty of vans, buses. This worked out well for me one year when I booked a private transfer with them for just myself and the taxi/van due for me broke down on way to pick me up, they put me on another of their buses at the airports, the 19 seater, but still as a private transfer with only me on it!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@gazzaredcruiser, I booked a mini bus taxi through booking.com from Salzburg to Zell am See for £228 return. (Make sure you are logged in so automatically a genius member with 10% off)

https://taxi.booking.com/

Takes up to 6 people... so you'd need 2!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've previously used these guys: https://austria-taxi.at/
We had a minibus for 11 people, Saalbach to Salzburg Airport for €350 (€30pp one way). They also gave us a voucher following a previous covid cancellation, which we've been able to use for a transfer since, and always received good service.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for Austria Taxi. Used them loads and very good.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone, most helpful. i'll take a look at all those options. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@gazzaredcruiser, Austria-taxi have always been cheapest for a private transfer, but check the Holiday Shuttle in case they’ve become competitive. Also suggest you phone some of the local Saalbach taxi operators, such as taxi6620 and taxirainer, in case they can do you a better deal for a party of nine.
If you want to save money and use public transport, you can research timings and prices of bus and train on www.oebb.at
The bus leaves from outside the airport terminal and takes you to Saalbach, with a quick coordinated change at Maishofen - about two hours and under €20.
The train is regular from Salzburg. It goes to Zell am See, but you can get off at Maishofen, which is nearer to Saalbach. There is a cheap (a couple of euros) and easy, regular shuttle service from the airport to the railway station - a 10 minute ride.
From Maishofen (or Zell am See) railway station, either catch the regular post bus for the final 10 miles to Saalbach, or get a taxi. A normal-sized taxi to Saalbach should be about 40-50 euros.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My booking.com reservation says it's with Salzburg Taxi

I also have an Innsbruck/Obergurgl return booked in April at £274 return (cheaper than a hire car - the prices have gone through the roof this year) - it's an "executive" car and is provided by booking.com / Alpstria Taxi Innsbruck
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy