Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

**URGENT** PCR TESTS ON GATWICK.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We're due to fly tomorrow at 12.55. I did the pre departure PCR tests on my 12 yo twins on Thursday, 71hours and 55 mins before departure, then went to London and dropped them in the screen4 dropbox at 2pm. Dropbox supposedly emptied at 4 and couriered to the lab. Screen4 were recommended by Crystal (tui), tui say that it's a 24 hour service, screen4 say it's 48, either way, I've heard nothing, and there's only 4 hours left of the 48.

Does anyone know for certain if there's a pre departure PCR walk in at Gatwick? I'm tempted to get the first train from here (St Albans) tomorrow morning, or even catch the last train tonight.

Of course, because it's New Year's day, all the call centres are closed.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@marodo2712, I really hope I'm wrong but I think not. I'm approaching from the M4 so I'm going to get a three hour test at Heathrow and then carry on round the M25 to Gatwick.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

I had a similar problem, my sample put in Randox dropbox at the same time as my husband's went missing. All they could do was check with the lab to say it hadn't been received.

There isn't a 3 hour PCR test place at Gatwick which is what you need now. I went to Heathrow the day before and even then it was 4 hours before I got the result. The other option is Randox at Waterloo Station which may be better for you.

Good luck!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Concepto Clinic just outside LGW says it does Fit to Fly PCR tests with a turn-around of 'the same day before midnight' or they do a £199 3-hour turn-around at the Heathrow Hyatt.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@esaw1,

Hi,

Is the test centre open? Wherever I tried to book says that they're shut today.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No luck in Heathrow, Gatwick, or St Pancreas etc, no appointments left for today or tomorrow (called a couple of providers - nothing left), but on our way to Luton airport which has a test area, hopefully they can get a result to me before it's too late.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Terminal 4 Heathrow Express PCR tests with Trust One/ Eurofins reckons 3 hours for results - once you have booked blurb says under 8 hours - (£89.90 per PCR) - fully booked tomorrow....worth chancing it if truly desperate?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Snowsartre,

Got a link?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@marodo2712, where are you flying to?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Halo at Heathrow this afternoon had lots of capacity- I moved our appointments from Monday to today with no issues, an on arrival there were more staff than punters.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@marodo2712, Sorry, I might have misled you. I'm not going till Thursday. Good luck!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@marodo2712, https://www.traveltesting.eurofins.co.uk/fast-covid-testing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Chris_n,

Bulgaria tomorrow 12.55 for m Gatwick.

Came to Luton and was helped by an utterly delightful employee of the Collinson testing people (Tom) Helped discuss all of the options, then got us on the 'urgent' path (a red bag!), said he couldn't guarantee anything, but that it was the best he could do.

Tomorrow I will turn up at Gatwick and pray that the results come through in time, if not, it's back home, and an expletive ladden email to Screen4 and Crystal.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@marodo2712, good luck, hope it works for you.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sounds like you've had a very stressful day, glad you got the tests in the end, and fingers crosses for the results tomorrow.
snow report
@marodo2712, good luck!
ski holidays
Yes indeed, you deserve to get away smoothly after all that.
snow report
I really hope some results drop in your inbox soon so you can sleep before tomorrow! Crossing fingers for you
snow conditions
@marodo2712, Do please let us know how you get on.
ski holidays
@esaw1,

Will do.
snow report
Still no results, heading to Gatwick in case they arrive in time to get on the plane.
latest report
@marodo2712, fingers crossed.
snow report
@marodo2712, I know your delay may be at the lab, but Collinsons may have the results so just in case, Collinsons website says that if your results are late:

Please check your 'junk' folder first as sometimes results can be found there.

In the unlikely event you have not received your test results in the published timeframe, and you are travelling in the next 24 hours, please give us a call on our emergency results help line 020 8865 3467 where we will put you directly through to our team.

This phone line is open every day, 8am to 8pm (GMT)

Alternatively, please get in touch with us via our Chatbot.

Good luck!
snow report
Chased tui employee, shadowed him whilst he and I were both on the phone, just as he spoke to me the people who tested us yesterday answered. I was having two conversations, one on the phone, one in person. Gave phone woman details, said they'd emailed the results 3 minutes before. Started jumping around. Ended the call and gave the man a big hug. Not on skis yet, so too soon to say, but we're at check-in. Kids nearly in tears.

Very Happy Very Happy

Yay Collinsons. Boo Screen4
latest report
@marodo2712, hurrah!!!!!!
snow report
Oh excellent! Have a great trip! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
@motyl,

Amazing service! Soo pleased with you!!!

Thank you soo much from a haggard old man and two magic filled 12 year olds.

After 3 years of promises, we're fine nally going!!!!

Yayyyy!!!
snow conditions
@marodo2712, I’m so pleased to have been of some help, though it sounds as though they would have come through even without your call to them. I can only imagine the relief and joy and now - the excitement snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@motyl,

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@marodo2712, Have a fantastic time!
ski holidays
Excellent, enjoy the holiday!
latest report
Wow! What a cliffhanger. Good to know how hard some people are working to make trips possible, despite some disappointments. Have a wonderful trip.
snow report
@marodo2712, fantastic news for you! So much uncertainty at so many junctures, is very frustrating and wearing. Safe journey and have a brilliant holiday snowHead
snow report
@marodo2712, yayyy!! Very Happy
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
@marodo2712, yayyy!! Very Happy

+1 Smile
snow conditions
Matt took a huge fall on the travelator, grazes on hand, elbow, hip, and shin. Slathered in hand gel.

Early days

On plane. Kids wondering what else God has planned for us...
snow conditions
Shocked Poor kid. Hope he's OK.
ski holidays
No more misadventures… have a wonderful holiday, so glad the results come just on time
snow report
Talk about down to the wire. Anything now will be a doddle and hope the travelator incident heals up quickly.
ski holidays
What a story! Snowheads at their best.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy