Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers from Salzburg Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking for recommendations for transfers (private maybe) from Salzburg Airport to Maria Alm on 15th January, please?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have used https://www.tirol-taxi.at/ before from Munich, they do cover Salzburg too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chris_n, thank you. We are coming to Niederau a couple of weeks later.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have used these people a number of times over the last few years. https://austria-taxi.at/

Had no issues at all. Very understanding if you need to cancel at short notice too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jagerbull, thanks so much.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jagerbull, @Pamski, We’ve used them several times for Maria Alm too, very good. Maria Alm is my favourite place but sadly not been able to find anywhere to stay recently.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@feefee, thanks for the recommendation. This is third time lucky (fingers crossed etc) for Maria Alm as previous bookings have evaporated….
There used to be a SH who waxed lyrical about the place so I thought we could give it a go. I should do a bit of a search and try and find out a bit.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The local taxi firm Eder Taxis offer vans from Salzburg Airport. I cannot comment on their service as we tend to go for hire cars but in we have been to Maria Alm about 20 times over the past decade and have always seen these vans en route too/from the airport so they must be doing something right.

Www.Taxi-eder.at

Happy to try and answer any other questions you might have on Maria Alm. We were last there for last 2 weeks of December so should be up to date.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd recommend staying away from austria-taxi. Together with austria-transfers, they are connected to the company Connecto Transfers based in Croatia. They offer cheap prices for fancy minibuses and professional drivers on their fancy websites, but in reality they will put you in any normal taxi standing outside the airport when they get busy. They also charge in advance on a credit card and don't refund your money when there is a problem.
Look them up on Tripadvisor and read their negative reviews (10-20% of their total reviews).
For the best transfers use the smaller taxi companies based in or near to the resort you are staying at. Or go to Findtransfers.com and get offers sent to you from a multitude of companies. Then pick the one that feels best, not the cheapest.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy