Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Favorite Dolomite Rifugios to Overnight?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi from Vermont, USA. I'm hoping to return to the Dolomites this March and am researching where to stay. I prefer to stay exclusively in the (nicer) slopeside rifugios. Anyone care to share their favorites?

I have stayed several nights at Rifugio Fermeda on the Seceda slope and it was one of my favorites. The room was beautiful, the food amazing, very clean, wonderful owners and help, not to big, and they had both a sauna and outdoor hot tub (with views of the Seceda ridgeline!). I skied a combination of on and off piste around the area as was also able to ski both Canale Joel and Val Mesdi from the top of the Pordoi cable car and return before the lifts closed. I have also stayed at Rifugio Lagazuoi and enjoyed the views, sauna and food. The downsides were the rooms (dorm style) and bathrooms, to be expected due to the location. Rifiguio Scoiattoli had a fun vibe and the location and food were wonderful but the bathrooms and private rooms were not great. A bit dirty and it felt tightly packed, plus the walls are ultra thin and you can hear everything. In contrast, Rifiguio Averau just up the slope was spectacular! The most memorable dinner I've had in Italy, very clean, beautiful rooms, beautiful bathrooms (even the shared bath), and a gorgeous view (I was there during a full moon and clear skies - wow!).

This trip was during March 2020 and I was supposed to continue from Averau to Rifugio Fanes for a few nights then to Rifugio Baita Cuz. Instead they shut down the resort and I was lucky to catch the last train out of Italy to Innsbruck and then on to Munich and back to the States.

During this upcoming trip I'll likely revisit Fermeda and Averau and am looking for recommendations closer to Arabba, Marmolada, and Tofane. Any advice appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you want to see some cool pictures and/or videos of my March 2020 trip, go to Search > Advanced > Posts by (author): Alchemist
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alchemist,

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3555456&highlight=#3555456

Ace !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @albob!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy