Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best way to dry soaked ski kit

Poster: A snowHead
6 year old is on a week's course at our local dry slope. Cold and wet (torrential) today so her ski jacket and trousers are properly soaked through.

Currently hanging up around our house (heating is on) - any tips for getting it all dry.

Plus side she still loves skiing despite the rain - and appreciated that the rain made the dendix faster!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A gentle tumble dry if the label allows might help. As this is also recommended when reproofing if the label allows it, I cant see why you can’t do this to just dry it from a soaking?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tumble dryer, assuming labels allow.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or if you have a convector blower heater you could position it to blow warm air onto the wet clothing?

Obviously check that the air reaching the clothing is only warm and not sufficiently hot to damage the clothing. Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 29-12-21 18:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always ski even if it’s raining in resort (like to get my moneys worth). I’ve always just stuck my gear on the radiators, and its dry through by next morning - if it’s 100% synthetic it normally dries quite quickly.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe stick it in the washer on spin cycle first?

I love "wet" dry slopes.. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin It's like skiing on ice, with the added bonus of most people going inside, so more room. Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brianatab wrote:

I thought she only went skiing in them, not swimming. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I often use just a fan and room temperature - I’m sure one of our resident physicists* might be able to explain the relative trade off between heat and air movement but for me the latter is enough.

*Or if not, a “Google armchair expert” who will be detectable by standard anti plagiarism tools, or by their over use of long words slightly out of context Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ster wrote:
brianatab wrote:

I thought she only went skiing in them, not swimming. Very Happy

The rain was pretty close to standing in a shower at times and my daughter is in her second week of mornings (first in June) so there were some unplanned sitting down moments, including one where she got stuck with her feet above the rest of her...

Bearsden rain can be quite wet... Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Randomsabreur, With 3 small boys getting very wet on occasions, back in the early noughties (ski hols in a caravan) I rigged up a mini tent of jackets & salopettes over chairs facing out in the awning. With a fan heater on low pointed to go under the one side that had the shortest jacket on it. The movement of heat under and out through the wet clothing was incredibly successful. I have been know to use the same principal when needing to dry things at home that can not be tumble dried! Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you have any underfloor heating lay the items out on the floor.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Randomsabreur, if it’s any consolation, the weather's exactly the same in the Alps today. Mrs t_m's uniform is drying out on our radiators ready for tomorrow’s lessons.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tumble dryer regardless of what the label says. I stick all my jackets and ski pants in
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is this thread serious or have I logged into mumsnet Puzzled
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stewart woodward wrote:
Is this thread serious or have I logged into mumsnet Puzzled

+1
snow report
Just hang it all in the sauna overnight. That's what I did, with the chalet host's encouragement. Thanks to SCGB.
latest report
Thanks all! As it turned out the temperature today meant that we switched to waterproofs instead of the heavier ski kit - 12 degrees today!

@@stewart woodward, @spyderjon,

I thought snowheads would be the most likely to have skied in torrential rain and therefore have useful tricks for getting stuff dry - I've never skied in rain (lightweight I know) so haven't experienced it before.

It is also important that she doesn't hate skiing so that we can do family fun stuff in the future!
latest report
Randomsabreur wrote:
It is also important that she doesn't hate skiing so that we can do family fun stuff in the future!

If she's happy enough skiing on a dry slope in the pouring rain then she'll love real skiing on real snow on a real mountain so you shouldn't have any worries there!
snow conditions
ster wrote:
Randomsabreur wrote:

If she's happy enough skiing on a dry slope in the pouring rain then she'll love real skiing on real snow on a real mountain so you shouldn't have any worries there!

She wouldn't have loved starting a cold day in already damp clothes - fortunately the weather warming up so much saved me!

We are hoping to get to one of the Scottish ski areas this year if the weather/Covid permits. Failing that Braehead is open again at last!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy