Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Landing Innsbruck-Transit to Italy (Val Gardena) Possible?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're due to fly out to Selva on the 21st via Innsbruck. I decided to touch base with the owner of the hotel which we've been using for years to see how the land was lying and concerningly received this as a part of the reply.

'If you arrive by plane you can not entry in Austria from England, you have to land in Italy or Germany'.

Have i missed something? Is this the case? As I'd read it, if you met all of the vaccination criteria and had a negative PCR test result within the prescribed time, a transit through Austria to Italy was on. Can anyone with recent first hand experience confirm this one way or the other.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&start=6160

*thread locked*
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mollerski, No experience, sorry, but it sounds like they are confused – UK travellers are currently not allowed to land in Germany, but Austria is fine provided you meet the complex criteria (see Austria thread).

Caveat – everything could change in the mean time, and you may still find it easier to fly directly to Italy if that's possible.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scarlet, Thank you. That is pretty much as I saw the current situation. Our intention is to give it another week or so and reassess. Transfers from either Verona or Milan to the Val Gardena valley are a bit of a schlep, but if needs be, it'll have to be done. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mollerski, agreed, but it's not too bad from Verona, mostly a straight, fast road. Milan's miles away, but there's also Venice.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For what it's worth, I took a train from Bolzano to Innsbruck when CV19 drove me out. It was an easy and not very long ride. The train station in Bolzano is right next to the bus station that has departures to Selva. Of course you could arrange a taxi as well. I live in the US and flights to Innsbruck are a pain for me so I end up taking a nonstop to Milan, then hop the train to Bolzano (it's a much longer ride then Innsbruck), get dinner and have a sleep, then take the bus to Val Gardena.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy