Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Proof of Christmas covid for Teen - will we still need to test in resort -Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So our Christmas has been fun - with getting covid !! All very mild. Myself and hubby are double vaccinated (not boosted), teenage boy not vaccinated but has got covid. Other son is 12 also unvaccinated and not caught anything from our infected household ! We have flights to Italy in February half term. Just wondering if by teenager having positive PCR from NHS if that will make any thing easier testing wise or if he will still have to do the regular 48 hour in resort lateral flow tests. If anyone knows of can point me in right direction to find out I would be most grateful.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 30-12-21 19:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is really impossible to tell, restrictions change so quickly and have been so different in different places at different times. We also have a holiday planned in February and are taking the suck it and see approach as impossible to predict ahead of time.

That said it would definitely be a good idea to get your children vaccinated (assuming there is no good reason they have not been so far), and the adults boosted. I would be surprised if it was not required for travel next year, and there is waning tolerance for those choosing to not take the vaccine (including some countries introducing mandatory vaccination policies). I am pretty sure there will be exemptions for those who are who cannot have the vaccine for medical reasons though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hils68, Not sure, but the Gov.uk site says NHS app is accepted in Italy

"Italy will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record as the equivalent to a green pass."

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have an answer to my own question if it helps anyone… see below from tourist office, Aosta …

Good morning!
At the moment the rules say that, from 10th January till the end of the emergency status it is necessary to have the Super Green Pass (having been vaccinated or recovered from Covid) in order to have access to:
- means of public transport
- bars and restaurants even outdoors
- hotels and accommodation facilities
- ski lifts with tourist-commercial purposes even if located in ski areas
- and others...
As your 12 year old son is not vaccinated and had not Covid he cannot have the Super Green Pass, for which a negative swab is NOT valid.
For any updated news about the rules for Covid-19, you can see https://www.lovevda.it/en/before-your-trip/information/coronavirus.
Should you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Barbara
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy