Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone on holiday in Austria just now?

Poster: A snowHead
How is it, what's it like in bars, restaurants and hotels, on the mountain and village?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Kirchberg, its as busy as Ive ever seen it. Ive never had to queue like this before driving around.

Normal apres ski closed, but ll the other restaurants bars are open and full. All the huts up the mountains are open as normal.

Some family members just done their lateral flow tests to return to the UK. Before we even arrived home from the Schwarsee, the results were in.

The Dutch seemed to have got here in their numbers.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I live in Salzburg and regularly ski in the local areas. It is busy this week, perhaps not quite such a normal volume for Silvester week, but busier than at any time during the Pandemic.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Soll at the moment, was here the same week 2 years ago, pretty quiet and I live it that way, we are avoiding busier bars, go for a drink after days skiing, dinner booked for 8 and one drink after it, everything shut by 10pm, suits us fine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How's the snow in soll ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stunshot wrote:
How's the snow in soll ?

Snow is/was good, rained a lot over night and forecast is mild for next few days.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got back from Obergurgl on Monday and had an amazing week of cold and perfect snow. The place was deserted although apres was suppressed, Nederhutte requires vaccination proof and proof of ID.

Went out with negative LFT, tested four times during the week and pre-flight were all negative. Tested positive on PCR when back which was, according to the NHS date stamps, likely to have been the chaos at Luton Airport on the way out!

All in all a great holiday, with a cold when I returned!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jafa wrote:
Some family members just done their lateral flow tests to return to the UK. Before we even arrived home from the Schwarsee, the results were in.

I had a Covid-test at the Schwarzsee yesterday too (and then walked round the lake). In my case the results didn't come till 08:39 this morning. I thought, though, that I was getting a PCR test; it was a gargle test. Was that different from yours?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@espri, the gargle is PCR...isn't it?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, yes it is.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the clarification.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris_n wrote:
@holidayloverxx, yes it is.

Some of our party haven’t arranged PCR s etc for return home. Where did you get the tests from and presumably they are accepted for entry back to UK?
Also in SkiWelt. Really not busy- easy to get table over lunch. Apes ski bars on town open and busy- need booking! Occasionally get asked to show covid pass and/or put face mask on for chair lift but mainly not.
All good Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Doccam, I tested at the area in the car park at the Schwarzsee, just outside Kitzbühel. From somewhere like Söll you can take the road that goes through Reith, leaving the main 178 road to the right just after Going (opposite the Stanglwirt). If you're based on the south side of the SkiWelt, e.g. in Brixen, the 170 road goes right past the car park; take the turn-off to Reith and then the road along by the Schwarzsee.

You can book the test via this site (in German). I asked whether a visiting friend could be tested and the answer was "yes", after booking the test online. As well as giving your name, etc., this requires you to specify your address (locally).

I think you can also be tested at a local chemist (Apotheke). Though that must be paid for (the Schwarzsee site was free, at least it was for me, though I believe that may only be for those with Austrian health insurance - I wasn't asked), it might be more convenient. Best to ask in advance.

The results from my test took around 18 hours to come through. I don't know whether that is typical.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do you simply show your NHS covid pass to gain entry to restaurants etc and to get lift pass or does this need to be uploaded to an app to obtain the 2G?
Cant seem to find anything specific on this.
Any experiences / advice greatly appreciated please.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dippy just nhs covid pass. Sometimes even get QR coded and the machine goes green. Usually just a glance.
ski holidays
espri wrote:
@Doccam, I tested at the area in the car park at the Schwarzsee, just outside Kitzbühel. From somewhere like Söll you can take the road that goes through Reith, leaving the main 178 road to the right just after Going (opposite the Stanglwirt). If you're based on the south side of the SkiWelt, e.g. in Brixen, the 170 road goes right past the car park; take the turn-off to Reith and then the road along by the Schwarzsee.

You can book the test via this site (in German). I asked whether a visiting friend could be tested and the answer was "yes", after booking the test online. As well as giving your name, etc., this requires you to specify your address (locally).

I think you can also be tested at a local chemist (Apotheke). Though that must be paid for (the Schwarzsee site was free, at least it was for me, though I believe that may only be for those with Austrian health insurance - I wasn't asked), it might be more convenient. Best to ask in advance.

The results from my test took around 18 hours to come through. I don't know whether that is typical.

Gargle tests also available from Eurospar. Test kit and drop box. I’ve no idea on turn around times.
ski holidays
We are in badhofgastein and have not had to show a covid pass anywhere except McDonalds in Salzburg while waiting for the train and when buying the lift pass. They treat the whole mountain as 2G and so don't check skiers. When we had lunch at the base station at Sport Gastien a walker came by and they got checked.
snow report
@Doccam, you can get tests at most pharmacies (Apotheke) for €25 for an antigen (lateral flow) or I think €34 (may be €37) or you can get tested free at the test centre in Wörgl. All of these give a certificate that is acceptable for travel to UK. There are also PCR gurgle tests available free via Mpreis or Spar supermarkets with 24 hour turnaround if deposited before 10am. You register via https://www.tirol.gv.at/gesundheit-vorsorge/infekt/coronavirus-covid-19-informationen/tirol-testet/tirol-gurgelt/ which is German (use Chrome to translate or there is a QR code on the display which you can scan on your phone. I don't know what the certificate for these shows but as long as it says EU compliant or something like it it would be fine. Maybe you could try one and see what you get back.
snow report
we have been stopping for morning coffee, lunch and an apres beer on the way down so must have visited over 10 different restaurant so far.
snow report
@Cacciatore, have you had any guests use those tests? I would like to know what certification you get back.
latest report
msjhes2 wrote:
We are in badhofgastein and have not had to show a covid pass anywhere except McDonalds in Salzburg while waiting for the train and when buying the lift pass. They treat the whole mountain as 2G and so don't check skiers. When we had lunch at the base station at Sport Gastien a walker came by and they got checked.

There is some logic to accepting everyone is 2G on the mountain. The ski pass dodging tourers probably have a packed lunch anyway Toofy Grin wink

On our local hills everyone is actively encouraged to QR code check in at their table. Good to see that. Lifties also enforcing mask wearing, religiously.
latest report
Chris_n wrote:
@Cacciatore, have you had any guests use those tests? I would like to know what certification you get back.

No, not yet, Chris_n. Will update as and when.
snow conditions
There is 100% compliance on mask wearing on the lifts. Most people have masks on sunglass type holders, or extra elastic so can pull them up and down for each lift.
snow report
@Doccam, Thank you very much - one less thing to worry about!
ski holidays
In Maria Alm at the moment (not skiing as sprained my knee 2 days ago). Slopes are busy with lots if Dutch cars in evidence. We had our lateral flow tests last night as returning home tomorrow. Tests were free from Red Cross in Saalfelden and our certificates showing negative results were with us in less than 15 minutes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy