Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We made it - Villars

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We made it in to Switzerland - 2 fully vaxxed, boosted and tested adults (don’t use the Regenerative clinic in Kingston - a long and miserable story, do use the super cheap C19 packs), a single vaxxed teen and an under 12.

Well it’s been a rollercoaster ride unwinding our long looked forward to big trip to Morzine with lovely friends but we’re all happy to be in the Alps and realise how lucky we are. BUT… the weather is shocking! Managed about 2 hours at Bretaye in the freezing rain before my daughter wanted to pack it in - and she had an excellent point. Drinking wine and eating cheese now and will post more when we have some skiing to report!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to CH!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes get cheesin and Winein Razz
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well done for getting here.

Yes we are due a hammering of rain over next day or two - worth downloading the Meteo Suisse app as i find it quite accurate.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I also should add - for those following along for rules and restrictions: docs checked at BA (because we’d done VeriFLY but they were struggling with it at Heathrow) - both PCR - 72 hrs and antigen -24 hours accepted. Since we’ve been in Switzerland we’ve had to show our covid passes at the hotel but not on SBB train, a taxi, the mountain railway, ski hire or mountain restaurant
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lucky git! Enjoy!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can I please interject and ask what the entry requirements for your teen son were? Our 14Y old is only single vaxed and will not be able to have his 2nd shot before February HT when we are meant to be in the 3Vs … we are really keen to ski as a family this winter and are debating whether we should look at Switzerland instead. Thanks and have a lovely break.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@franga, as per other threads for example here has info and links

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4888089#4888089

the main link being

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

"Entering with children

If you are entering Switzerland with children or adolescents, please note the following:

The entry form obligation also applies to children and adolescents of all ages. They can be included in the entry form of an adult travelling with them.
The quarantine requirement after entering Switzerland from countries with a variant of concern also applies to children and adolescents of all ages, even if they have been vaccinated or have recovered from COVID.
Children under 16 are exempt from the test requirement unless they are entering Switzerland from a country with a variant of concern. In this case they must have a test before boarding an aircraft or bus as well as after entering Switzerland."

As currently no country is on the Swiss VoC list (this could change of course), then your 14 year old needs no vaccination nor a test to enter.

Nor will he need to show any pass/certificate (but you will) to enter listed facilities and areas

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/covid-zertifikat/covid-zertifikat-einsatz.html
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Soozm, have a great time and hope the weather picks up for you!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi everyone… well the weather did pick up but after 2 days of pretty much non-stop heavy rain. I have had a fair few ski holidays as my family are very keen but not done a lot of skiing myself - just dabble a bit due to lots of hip issues and surgery - and this was supposed to be my holiday to progress to all blues. Skiing in rain is awful so on those days I managed less than an hour a day.

Yesterday was absolutely opposite - beautiful blue skies and really warm. The snow was holding up though. I had a private lesson at the Villars ski school, I didn’t realise they reach the GLM method. The instructor lent me a pair of 130cm skis to help me get rid of my last bit of snowplough. I’m still v nervous but that was really helpful - would love to see what it’s like to learn that way.

Very warm today and absolutely horrendously packed out - huge lift queue
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi everyone… well the weather did pick up but after 2 days of pretty much non-stop heavy rain. I have had a fair few ski holidays as my family are very keen but not done a lot of skiing myself - just dabble a bit due to lots of hip issues and surgery - and this was supposed to be my holiday to progress to all blues. Skiing in rain is awful so on those days I managed less than an hour a day.

Yesterday was absolutely opposite - beautiful blue skies and really warm. The snow was holding up though. I had a private lesson at the Villars ski school, I didn’t realise they reach the GLM method. The instructor lent me a pair of 130cm skis to help me get rid of my last bit of snowplough. I’m still v nervous but that was really helpful - would love to see what it’s like to learn that way.

Very warm today and absolutely horrendously packed out - huge lift queues. Not a surprise I guess given proximity to Geneva, Swiss second homes and the most welcoming place for foreigners to ski. We had a good day though, took it easy - kids and husband spent ages in the snow park and I got to practice as much as my tolerance for the queues would allow.

Tomorrow we start the covid paperwork to come back - but before that - Happy New Year Snowheads- I’ve benefited from some great and generous advice this year. Fingers crossed everything gets easier for you all to ski more in 2022!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well done @Soozm, we are currently wondering to do something similar last minute, to give our daughter at least a few days skiing this year before heading back to university. And take the CHF hit to the credit card.

However it really will be last minute, I am still in isolation from my infection before Christmas so I need to see that my Covid pass is reinstated before booking.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy