Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PDS entry switz to france

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Given that its relatively easy to fly to geneva and ski in switzerland at the moment is it possible to be based in one of the swiss resorts in the portes du soleil and then ski over to france ? I cant see its possible to police all the CH-FR crossing points ? if you have a valid pass sanitaire it would be easy to get around on the french lifts .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nobody out there able to answer this one ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I asked this same question on the 18th Dec - 'Shared French Swiss ski domains'

Someone pointed out that if you buy the ticket from Morzine then they thought it needs to be used first in Morzine, that is unconfirmed but concerned me as I already have a PdS pass bought from the Morzine Office but as things stand can only ski on the Swiss side. I need to get this confirmed or otherwise but am so fed up with all the palaver I'm 80% sure I will be either deferring the ticket to next season (non refundable) or may try selling it somehow (French Ebay??)Sad

To answer your question I would not be skiing into the French side, I'm sure you could do it, but for me it's a holiday not a covert mission and the hassle/guilt simply ain't worth it so I would stay on the Swiss side!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 27-12-21 19:58; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes you can stay on the Swiss side and ski in the French parts of the PDS.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Klammertime wrote:
I asked this same question on the 18th Dec - 'Shared French Swiss ski domains'

Someone pointed out that if you buy the ticket from Morzine then they thought it needs to be used first in Morzine, that is unconfirmed but concerned me as I already have a PdS pass bought from the Morzine Office but as things stand can only ski on the Swiss side. I need to get this confirmed or otherwise but am so fed up with all the palaver I'm 80% sure I will be either deferring the ticket to next season (non refundable) or may try selling it somehow (French Ebay??)Sad

To answer your question I would not be skiing into the French side, I'm sure you could do it, but for me it's a holiday not a covert mission and the hassle/guilt simply ain't worth it so I would stay on the Swiss side!

although often its not that clear cut when you have skied from one country to the other as not all borders are marked !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
doddsie wrote:
Yes you can stay on the Swiss side and ski in the French parts of the PDS.

thanks. do they ask for pass sanitaire on the french lifts - if they do we would be stuck as my teenage son cant get one as only have one jab
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Backhoe - Only asked once in 2 weeks, although asked at all restaurants
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was skiing PdS (Morzine based) this time last week and no issues skiing to Switzerland and back.

Certainly at that point Swiss rules had exemptions for people travelling in from neighbouring French departments, and I'd guess something similar is in place going the other way.

Never had to show the QR code to get on a lift, just when buying lift passes from the office.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can report the same as @Mjit, I was skiing in PdS last week (after the new French restrictions came in), and had no problem skiing into Switzerland and back into France multiple times. No checks or anything at the border points or any of the ski lifts. The only time I showed the pass sanitaire all day was to buy my lift ticket in France. I don't think any rules are being broken by skiing between France and Switzerland - there were certainly no unusual signs or information about it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is an interesting question. We are due to go do Morzine for a long weekend late January. Landing late morning and usually aim to be skiing in the afternoon.

Given latest rules etc, we’re looking at moving accommodation to Switzerland so only one set of rules to deal with. In the past we’ve been lucky with seedless transfer to Verbier allowing us to ski in the afternoon, but i wouldn’t want to rely on that this year with extra checks on arrival.

Champery would be an interesting option, albeit only if using the French lifts in PdS isn’t an issue. Villars is another option, but been before and fancy somewhere different.

Keen to see what people make of Champery access to PdS, or any other recommended Swiss resorts near Geneva.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No problem access to PdS from Champery. Up in the cable car and you’re there. Top of cable car to middle of Avoriaz takes 20 mins give or take - either via Chavanette or Grand Conche. You can ski back to Grand Paradis at the end of the day usually or cable car down. Additionally the train goes from Geneva airport to Champery with a short change at Aigle. Day trip to Morzine is easily manageable.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pat51, I could be wrong but I think the point of the OP’s post was more to do with travel restrictions due virus than infrastructure connections Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As per all the above confirmations and you are also able to drive over the Pas de Morgins as the border post is seldom attended. I have never been stopped travelling CH > FR. There are lots daily cross-border ski related movement on this road. Many Brits living in the Abordance Valley (Chatel) teach skiing on the Swiss side. We’ve been sking in Chatel for about two weeks and not once asked for my Covid pass to use a chair or bubble including the ones at the base stations.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The serma lift office in avoriaz have confirmed PDS lift passes bought from french side can be activated fine from the Swiss side. If anyone need to contact them would suggest using web chat function on the website as I got though straightaway!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy