Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Situation with Pass Sanitaire in 3V...

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone out at the moment?

Whats the current situation?

Got 2 boys, both recovered from covid recently, one old enough to have the NHS app so has QR code.

Other lad is only 12 so no joy unfortunately.

Read that there are a huge shortage of tests in resorts so going to take a few packs of lateral flow tests to prove immunity for each day, see how that goes...?

Anyone with any first hand evidence of how it's working out currently?

Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can't use self administered and self interpreted tests. See the taking teenagers skiing thread.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I saw that but then I read this...?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ski-alps-covid-test-uk-france-b971303.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look at this thread:
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156480&highlight=

A quick Google found this:
https://ski-resort.meribel.net/covid-19-information/

The booking system for tests looks to be open.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Joeninetee1 wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ski-alps-covid-test-uk-france-b971303.html

An article written by an idiot who has done no research whatsoever!

It's LFR tests required daily for those without appropriate levels of vaccination, not PCRs, to obtain a daily Pass Sanitaire.
For the return to UK test it is also a LFR, not a PCR.
PCR is required when you get home, within 48 hours of arrival in UK.

You can purchase a commercial fit to fly, return to UK test and take it with you - you will need details from this to complete your UK passenger locator form. Without those details you are unlikely to be allowed to board your flight home.
You CANNOT use the free NHS tests for travel.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Joeninetee1 wrote:

That's referring to the antigen tests supplied by companies like Qured and C19testing, where you take the test and they validate the result remotely. These are fine for the testing before returning to England, but I don't believe they work for the Pass Sannitaire.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Joeninetee1 wrote:

That is talking about tests to return home not tests for skiing everyday. Do not rely on newspaper reports, the only truly accurate place for information is the government website with travel rules. Even tourist board websites are giving incorrect information because the rules / guidance keeps changing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok. I've booked fit to fly tests, was looking to get tested at Geneva Airport with a quick turnaround for the flight back.

Just wondered if the measures the French have implemented were being adhered to and how stringent if pcr tests were short on the ground in resort.

Or were they being a bit '10 Downing St' about the whole affair?

Do you have to book the daily tests online?

Having to wait before I commit due to things being so uncertain at the moment. It's frustrating.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Joeninetee1, in Tignes this week, COVID passes were being checked in almost all restaurants and a few lifts, including a check by the Gendarme in a restaurant. From the link I've posted above re. Meribel, it looks like it's the same there. It's taken very seriously. The link I posted includes how to book tests. You might be able to book them by phone rather than online, but I would book them if you need them.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thankyou. Just the info I was after. Cheers! I presume you're home now then? Nice week?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If for some reason your 12 year old has been double jabbed then it's now possible to get a paper QR code from the NHS. No such luck for the single jabbed kids.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How about proof of recovery?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Come to Courchevel, Covid doesn't exist here. Shocked Laughing

Have yet to see anyone have their PS checked on a lift or when buying a lift pass and a very significant proportion of skiers aren't even wearing a buff, let alone an approved mask. No distancing in queues at all. Most lifties aren't wearing a mask either and clearly cant be arsed to enforce anything.

Better come quick though cause the place'll be closed by the end of January. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That quiet eh?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quiet? C1850 is rammed today.
snow conditions
Ah... You mean in lockdown? I getcha...

We were amongst the last group out of VT back in March 2020...boarded over to Courchevel 1650 and was amazed how quiet it was back then.

Bit different this time round?
ski holidays
Just reported by La Tania FB page: 'Drove through the night and arrived in La Tania 1st thing this morning with our 4 children. 1 of them is just over 12yrs & 2months.
We have today got a Pass Sanitaire from (Courchevel)1850 pharmacy no problem, €36. She has had 1 vaccine and has also had a positive NHS PCR test within last 6 months, needed passport, letter from UK doctors about vaccination and NHS email saying she was positive (in the past).'
ski holidays
@Mike S, thats great, my 15yo is in the exact same position, we are going to les menuires in feb, so hopefully will be able to get the pass sanitaire from there as well. if not i have pre booked daily testing, but would be good if we do not have to use them!!
ski holidays
Thanks for all these answers folks.

Do you have to pay for the tests up front?
snow report
@Joeninetee1, i have not had to pay for the tests up front, and i have just booked tests for my friends son at the same time as my daughters in les menuires. i just added him as a "relative", just needed his date of birth.

TBH, my mate and his family will probably bail out from the trip if all the restrictions are still in place, and in that case i will cancel his sons appointments then.

But myself and my daughters are determined that we go, so will be resigned to the daily faff of testing
latest report
Same experience as @Raceplate, haven't been asked for Pass Sanitaire either when buying a season pass or using it in and around La Tania and 1850. Was asked for it in a creperie and a bar though.
snow report
In Meribel valley I have been controlled once in 2 days. Most people wearing buffs or masks in bubbles but not all and not being enforced by lift attendants.
snow conditions
We were asked for our vaccination certificates (used NHS app QR codes, which worked fine) when we bought our lift passes in Meribel Mottaret and have been checked a couple of times on the entry to lifts (Saulire 1 and Tougnette 1). Ironically, a friend with a season pass was stopped entering the Verdons lift for having a mask covering his face, as they could not check his identity when his picture came upon the screen.
snow conditions
Mike S wrote:
Ironically, a friend with a season pass was stopped entering the Verdons lift for having a mask covering his face, as they could not check his identity when his picture came upon the screen.

Must admit I'm curious how they're going to monitor this; I was asked to pull my mask down (ldo) for the photo for the pass, but if masks are mandatory, how can they stop people getting on lifts?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 12-12-21 19:30; edited 2 times in total
snow report
In GVA now heading back from 3 valleys.

Pass sanitaire was requested in all bars and restaurants, even at the gate to the Folie.

Less so on lifts although the main base stations seemed to be spot-checking and we were probably asked on average a couple of times a day.

We were lucky as we had insane snow and hardly any people. Folks were deliberately leaving gondolas to single groups or couples so it all felt very safe.

If they’re going to check pass sanitaire regularly once the place gets busy then it is going to be absolute chaos!! That, allied with busier lift queues and cramming more people into the gondolas is going to put the season at risk I fear. I hope that they can work it out as the conditions are set for an absolute cracker!!

If I were going out now, I think my biggest concern would be contracting covid on lifts and in queues, and not getting home. Whilst skiing is an outdoor sport, theee are still lots of people bottle-necked into small spaces pretty frequently, many breathing heavily and others drinking heavily!
snow conditions
terrygasson wrote:
@Mike S, thats great, my 15yo is in the exact same position, we are going to les menuires in feb, so hopefully will be able to get the pass sanitaire from there as well. if not i have pre booked daily testing, but would be good if we do not have to use them!!

Please could you let me know how you booked them? I want to book them for my daughter for our stay in les menuires from the 21st Dec
snow report
Les Menuires covid testing booking details here: https://lesmenuires.com/fr/covid
snow conditions
Mike S wrote:
Les Menuires covid testing booking details here: https://lesmenuires.com/fr/covid

how did you get this to work plese. says not open until dec 15th and the other links lead me down a blind alley...all my details recognised but then no appointments available (i tried lots of random dates in this month and next).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
backhojo wrote:
Mike S wrote:

how did you get this to work plese. says not open until dec 15th and the other links lead me down a blind alley...all my details recognised but then no appointments available (i tried lots of random dates in this month and next).

Thanks for the link Mike S, but I’m having the very same issues as above. I’ll give it another go on Wednesday 15th but I might call it a day and £1100 down the drain. That after losing £750 last year Eh oh!
snow report
@Realred80, go to the link below, this is the les menuires website, i have cut and pasted the text from the page. click on the link "pharmacie les menuires" and this will take you to the booking page, you have to set up an account on the "doctolib" website/app. i must admit it was a bit of a faff, but eventually got it to work.
managed to get my daughter and my mates son, booked for their daily tests, no upfront payments required. it may be that the appointments do not start until the 15th, not website up and running!

hopefully it may be all a fruitless exercise as i thought it had been announced today about travel passes for 12-15yo, but have not seen any details as i have been busy up to now

https://lesmenuires.com/fr/covid

Where to get tested?
In order to facilitate your stay and your sanitary procedures, a temporary laboratory will be set up in Les Menuires throughout the season. You can get tested in the following places:

Covid test center in Reberty aux Menuires
PCR and antigenic tests by appointment online from December 15th.

Pharmacy Les Menuires
Antigenic tests by online appointment.

Pharmacy Saint-Martin-de-Belleville
Antigenic tests by appointment online (postal code to be specified: 73 440).

It is not possible to do a self-test under the supervision of a health professional in the resort. Saliva tests are also not offered.
latest report
[quote="Realred80"][quote="backhojo"] Sorry, I hadn't tried using the Synlab booking website but have read several reports of people booking appointments succcessfully for Courchevel; Meribel; Val Thorens and Moutiers. I don't know why Les Menuires is showing no availability for appointments but will try to find out.
ski holidays
i cant get past the last stage where it asks for country of birth. as soon as i type anything it flashes to a screen that says "your appointment is not confirmed". any ideas / tips ?
snow conditions
ok. got it to work but its a weird and flawed form. the next thing I need to work out is the cost as I cant find it anywhere !!
latest report
@backhojo, i also had this problem initially, and it would not recognise my postcode or even able to send me a verification link to my phone, 24hrs later the issues just seemed to disappear.

with regards to the country of birth, try just entering "R" for royale unis, a drop down menu should appear then scroll down to enter, as soon as you enter "RO" the page disappears, it is not very user friendly

am sorry i cannot be more helpful than that.
snow report
terrygasson wrote:
@backhojo, i also had this problem initially, and it would not recognise my postcode or even able to send me a verification link to my phone, 24hrs later the issues just seemed to disappear.

with regards to the country of birth, try just entering "R" for royale unis, a drop down menu should appear then scroll down to enter, as soon as you enter "RO" the page disappears, it is not very user friendly

am sorry i cannot be more helpful than that.

pleased its not just me. you have been helpful - I tried that and its worked. sms code received. confirmation of appointment on email. only thing I need is the price as cant find it anywhere. my logic is to get all the tests booked then cancel if its silly money. We dont have travel . accom booked anywhere as not prepared to go anywhere that doesnt have pre-booked LFTs. we are driving and going on a non-peak week so not too concerned about not getting anything, we ideally want to go to la plagne but cant fathom out their booking system !
snow conditions
May be helpful for those going to La Tania: https://www.facebook.com/2161033620635090/posts/6563961050342303/?d=n
ski holidays
@backhojo, i believe the cost to be 44euros per antigen test, but for the life of me i cannot find where i saw the price online!!

it looks like my 15yo will be getting second jabbed by late jan so hopefully we will be able to get the new pass that has been announced today, there is a link on the other "taking teenagers skiing" thread
snow conditions
We've been in Val Thorens for 5 days and have yet to be asked for our Pass Sanitaire while getting on lifts. They seem to have stopped asking people to wear masks on the approach to chairlifts (outdoors), which seems sensible given that it is very quiet. We skied to Courchevel and back yesterday and the same approach seemed to apply in all Valleys.

We've went to a restaurant last night in VT and weren't asked for our Pass Sanitaire - mind there were only about 8 people in there, including us.
ski holidays
terrygasson wrote:
@backhojo, i believe the cost to be 44euros per antigen test, but for the life of me i cannot find where i saw the price online!!

it looks like my 15yo will be getting second jabbed by late jan so hopefully we will be able to get the new pass that has been announced today, there is a link on the other "taking teenagers skiing" thread

oh - if its 44 then I am cancelling them all...thats stupid ! they are 25euros in morzine
latest report
The Meribel website says that the Synlab PCR tests are 44 euros and the antigen tests 25 euros https://www.meribel.net/informations-covid-19/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy