Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Experiences of teens in Italy - 48h testing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about Sesteire with 2 teens.

How is the 48h regular testing going? Simply go to pharmacy and queue for 3 hours? Do you eventually get the pass you need so they can ski? Is everything in Italian so tricky for English speakers???

Like many - desperate to go.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our Crystal ski holiday to Cervinia on the 26th Dec is now cancelled as Italy just changed rules for teens. They were accepting the NHS emails showing proof of covid, now only a QR will suffice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there anyone currently in Italy who can confirm what is happening? We are due to go to Sestriere on 26th too and have a teen in our party - currently armed with proof of covid in august and recovery letter from doctors… in the UK not possible to get a QR code?! Most ‘official’ sites just state proof of recovery? Panicking just a little - does this mean they can’t even get the green pass in a white zone?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We returned from cervinia on 23rd with two teenagers. They accepted NHS email showing positive test as proof of recovery in ticket office. Not questioned once entering lifts on any of the 6 days.
Not sure whether that still stands, we did notice more signs re green pass last two days,

Good luck it’s a gamble either way
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great thank you! Lots more reading done & calls made and we are going!!! Anyone going after 26th I’ll have more info Very Happy *fingers crossed!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's crazy to think my teen is disadvantaged by no catching covid. Only having one shot in them sounds like even buying a pass will be a challenge
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
earl wrote:
It's crazy to think my teen is disadvantaged by no catching covid. Only having one shot in them sounds like even buying a pass will be a challenge

I am in the same situation and reading all the guidance. i am interpreting it that they can get green pass, which is all that is required for "white zone" areas of italy (Aosta region is white zone) by 48 hr testing. they cant get a super green pass without double vax, however at present only a standard green pass is required for places like Cervinia. I am happy to be corrected however I am finding that the italian info is fairly clear and easy to understand , unlike the austrian info. they even have a questionnaire you can complete to guide you through the requirements for entry to the country. Next I need to understand how to source 48hr testing as dont want to be in a pharmacy queue for hours !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Update from anyone in Italy with teens?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are in La Thuile at the moment. Both my teens have the covid pass letter and we code. As I understand, can't travel on the mountain gondola without it. They are checking and issuing wristbands. Also all restaurants cafes are checking the green pass.
I've passed the pharmacy a few times and I've never seen a queue.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GillB, "Both my teens have the covid pass letter and we code"

???please can you clarify what this means as doesnt make sense ? are you teens single or double vaxed ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We are due to fly out to Italy on Monday. Our 13YO is double jabbed but we havent yet received the letter & QR code from the NHS to prove it (fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow). We have a print out from the doctors showing he has received both vaccinations and have it linked to my wifes NHS app, but no QR code!

Crystal have recommened we re-arrange unless we have the QR code. We'r in a real dilema what to do, do we risk it or not!

Hearing other peoples experiences would be really helpful.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry typo! Both doth double jabbed, the youngest (15) has the covid pass letter with a qr code.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There are going to be changes in Italy from the 10th of January, I am not 100% sure but I think u can only ski if u can get the super green pass, ie the 48 hr test will not suffice.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Harrow lady wrote:
There are going to be changes in Italy from the 10th of January, I am not 100% sure but I think u can only ski if u can get the super green pass, ie the 48 hr test will not suffice.

i thought the restrictions were in place, as they are now, until march 31st?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy