Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss / French humour

Poster: A snowHead
I’m currently on holiday with my family in Thyon, CH

Prior to leaving I bought myself a new ski jacket - it’s a replica of the Swiss Ski team Descente jackets. Looked cool I thought.

Anyway, I took a tumble while skiing this morning and a guy and his partner grabbed my ski that had fallen off further up the slope and brought it down to me

“You fall? This can not be possible for a Swiss Ski team! HAHAHA!”

Can still hear him laughing now - I even had a chuckle myself. Absolutely rinsed me! Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess the wearing of replica kit is taken a bit more seriously (or is that less) in the skiing world unlike some middle aged overweight blokes kicking a ball around a park in Chelsea or Man U kit. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chelsea or Man Utd?? Wouldn’t be seen dead in it mate! Laughing Laughing Laughing

We got a good laugh out of it anyway

Live and learn ahaha
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How would you tell the difference between a bloke in the park in a replica top, and a real Man Utd player?????
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^One is being overpaid to wear the kit; the other has overpaid to wear the kit.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Fat George, Chapeau!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NickYoung wrote:
How would you tell the difference between a bloke in the park in a replica top, and a real Man Utd player?????

Ouch Toofy Grin Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fat George wrote:

Sharp and witty as always Blush
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
drporat wrote:
Fat George wrote:

Sharp and witty as always Blush

But Sharp don't sponsor ManU anymore Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickYoung wrote:

The real Man U player occasionally attends Old Trafford, the bloke in the replica is mainly to be seen in a London park.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I could have made a comment about sincerity and loyalty but I couldn’t be arsed. Oh, OK: use a microscope.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There are some jackets that look very like ESF jackets - I've always thought it would be the very last thing I'd want to be seen on the slopes in. Just inviting pointing fingers! You see people in them sometimes and the first thing you think - even if they're skiing moderately OK - is " Laughing "
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chatting to an old ski instructor a few days ago, who used to hire his French ski school jacket out to guys in the 18-30 hotel he used to live next to for 100 Francs a night (£10)
He said he always got it back and never had any complaints from the blokes....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pieman666, too good. Many years ago I commented to an ESF chumhat he seemed to be doing pretty well with a very attractive lady, only for him to complain that he hadn't been keeping up with his laundry and was sporting one of his "slips d'entre saison" ...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, Laughing
ski holidays
Does FPKW apply in skiing the same as in cycling?
snow conditions
Once I was joining a group for a back country nordic outing into the deep woods. At the last minute, I noticed my jacket was wet from sitting on the nozzle of my camelpak! Sad Worried I'd be cold from the wet jacket, I grab my only other jacket in the casr, which was my downhill ski instructor jacket. I wasn't suppose to wear it while not instructing on my home mountain, I decided to flip it inside out to hide the big letter logo. But I failed to noticed there's still a smaller version of in on the inside, which is now the new outside and clearly visible. Shocked

As I had the lightest skis in the group, and more significantly, limited experience in rugged bc touring. I struggle in the deep, semi-consolidated snow as the group start to disappear from my sight. The group "sweep" skiing behind me was trying to sound encouraging. After commenting on the obvious of my bringing the wrong ski for the outing, Embarassed "and where is Thunder Ridge mountain that you instruct on?" I had to answer "well, it's way south, we have much less snow... (probably lower standard of skill as a result rolling eyes )". Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
Well the French love their ESF rip offs...anything in red with white stripes. Trying to dress like an ESF instructor seems to be on the same level as a national sport.

I'm sure ESF red has its own colour code.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 23-12-21 8:19; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
NewSkiingDad wrote:
.....- it’s a replica of the Swiss Ski team Descente jackets. Looked cool I thought......

Really?
ski holidays
You know what they say - all the gear…
Probably guilty of this myself Laughing the best skiers I know always seem to have the oldest kit!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy