Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zipfits - have they gone bust?

Poster: A snowHead
@Hurtle, i think i have known you long enough, i have faith Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@CEM, Toofy Grin x
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="CEM"]

your choice, but with the greatest will in the world, we have offered you a solution, which would sort the issue and you carry on as you have throughout your entire history on snowheads/quote]

FIFY
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="Dave of the Marmottes"]
CEM wrote:

your choice, but with the greatest will in the world, we have offered you a solution, which would sort the issue and you carry on as you have throughout your entire history on snowheads/quote]

FIFY

Thanks, knew I hadn’t got it quite right
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I guess "CEM" must be the owner of the shop I got the Zipfits from. Maybe even the guy who fitted them. I don't know. He seemed completely normal.

What I don't get is why trash one of his customers, given the very positive review posted further back. Who, reading this, is going to buy from such a company again? Maybe it doesn't matter because Zipfit liners are poorly stocked in the UK, with one of their "dealers" down here (near Horsham) being totally uninterested.

But what the hell. This forum is run by a small clique of apres-ski bar (more like English pub actually) buddies, and it's come back to that yet again.

The boots have no evident relevant edges. The cuts are precisely aligned with the edge of the liner tongue.

Sorry, no, I am not wasting another day of my life driving all the way back to the shop, especially after the insults posted here by the (presumed) owner of it.

The reason businesses mostly hate social media is because most have no idea how to participate on social media. The formula is very simple, but it doesn't include insulting customers Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Peter Stevens, do you know the joke the punchline of which is, 'everybody's out of step except my Charlie'?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Stevens wrote:
I guess "CEM" must be the owner of the shop I got the Zipfits from. Maybe even the guy who fitted them. I don't know. He seemed completely normal.

No, he told you he didn't fit them in his very polite response on the previous page.

It would be worth you having a read through this thread to see how your posts and actions might have been perceived differently to your intent. I'm wondering why when you had an issue with a product bought from a shop you posted about it on this forum and emailed the manufacturer rather than giving the shop a quick call. If you'd called the shop yesterday things would surely have been more straightforward?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So as someone new around here its your attitude and behaviour that seems odd, Peter. It's clear you had good advice and information but you choose to ignore it then blame others. I've looked at some of your previous threads and it seems a common
line.Play the victim all you like but the truth is there for all to read.

As for "...one of their "dealers" down here being totally uninterested..." I guess they rumbled you in advance.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Peter Stevens wrote:

What I don't get is why trash one of his customers, given the very positive review posted further back. Who, reading this, is going to buy from such a company again? Maybe it doesn't matter because Zipfit liners are poorly stocked in the UK, with one of their "dealers" down here (near Horsham) being totally uninterested.

But what the hell. This forum is run by a small clique of apres-ski bar (more like English pub actually) buddies, and it's come back to that yet again.

The boots have no evident relevant edges. The cuts are precisely aligned with the edge of the liner tongue.

Sorry, no, I am not wasting another day of my life driving all the way back to the shop, especially after the insults posted here by the (presumed) owner of it.

The reason businesses mostly hate social media is because most have no idea how to participate on social media. The formula is very simple, but it doesn't include insulting customers Smile

Yes I am the owner of the store, and no I didn’t fit the liner, but you would have know that already had you bothered to actually read the posts fully rather than just pick the bits that suit your narrative

I offered you a solution as discussed with the guys at Zipfit (who tell me you didn’t bother to respond to their e mail to you) you have constantly chosen to ignore the advice given by several users of the forum, you decided you didn’t want to drive here as we are too far away, and because I called you out you don’t want to send the liner to me to have the alteration which as discussed with the actual manufacturer would resolve the problem, it IS NOT a manufacturing fault, it has workEd for a number of years and for 1000s of my customers alone let alone the other stores around the world who sell the liner with no issue, the issue is particular to you, it can be easily solved as we have said so many times. As earlier it is your choice, its a simple fix but you are adamant that it wouldn’t work, where did you study ski boot liner design. BTW I am truly interested. Good luck finding somewhere else to do it.

As for social media , we know love it, we very well how to interact on social media, we are brutal, sometimes the truth hurts and some people don’t like that.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle wrote:
Quite. But this thread has given me a fright - that the same might happen with my Zipfits, because (for 10 years) I have been committing the cardinal sin of inserting my feet into my already Zipfitted boots. Shocked Hey ho, CEM already knows I'm an idiot. Laughing

So have I (although not for as long). CEM fitted them and I tried to put my Zipfit clad foot into the shell, but it seemed like an impossible task so we switched to Zipfit going into boot followed by foot.

After watching the video earlier in this thread I thought I'd give it another go as the man made it look simple. Thankfully I did this in the comfort of my own home rather than a boot room, as it probably wasn't a pretty sight. I can confirm that I still can't get my Zipfit clad foot into the shell. I'm not even close to succeeding, but feel very much like I could hurt myself trying. I'll stick to what I've been doing up to now, and put the Zipfit in the boot first. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just one another ski trip. Well, just 1 day into it.

And I thought if I get 3mm neoprene (wetsuit material) and make some shin protectors out of it, that should work, right?

The defectively stitched zipfit tongue went right through it and I have another four 3" long cuts on my calves.

3 days to go on this trip. I am going to chuck these useless liners out and buy something more normal. The boots are Head Nexo 110 LYT. Can anyone recommend normal liners for these?

Since the owner of the ship in Bicester said what a superior product this is and he will rectify it for free, is another here interested in buying them? They have been used on about 4 5-day ski trips.

I can't find the time for another all day expedition to Bicester.

OTOH I do like the way one gets in and out of the boots with these liners, plus they are quite warm. Out today in -15C and no cold toes.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter Stevens wrote:
Can anyone recommend normal liners for these?

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
With 9823 posts, I respect your opinion greatly Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
is this still going on? You've not posted or taken the liners back as offered within this thread then I take it? Without doing that I'm not sure how you expected adding bulk in a DIY fashion would help??
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This is hilarious. Wish I had joined the party earlier!
snow conditions
Unbelievable
latest report
If posting them would have been acceptable I would have done so, but that wasn't on offer.
ski holidays
Peter Stevens wrote:
If posting them would have been acceptable I would have done so, but that wasn't on offer.

@Peter Stevens, actually, you said "CEM - I would have posted you the liners but it doesn't sound like a good idea, does it." and he replied that it was your choice, so clearly he would have fixed them if had chosen to post them. You didn't post them because you thought it wasn't a good idea, not because it wasn't on offer.
latest report
@Peter Stevens, is it really painful?
snow report
in the 2+ years you've spent on here complaining you could have driven to Bicester numerous times and had a lot less stress and now be skiing in comfortable liners!
ski holidays

snow report
Nasty nasty nasty. Way too many people not doing any skiing and sitting and monitoring the forum for anything they can get their nasty teeth into. Get a life...

I've modded them myself. It's not trivial and needs a lot more than just a sewing machine. One needs to trim back the green and black plastic (which serves no purpose other than visual) about 1cm and then sew something over the now exposed gap. I will get the sewing done when I get a chance and in the meantime I am skiing with the plastic just cut away.

Whoever stitched these liners was an idiot and there was clearly zero QA afterwards because the tongue is so obviously wrong. BTW I did have emails with the company but they washed their hands of fixing it. Clearly it happened to lots of people otherwise they would have offered to fix it.
latest report
Funny that in posts by the supplier in this very thread, they've offered you a solution and yet you've refused to let them do it. Now you claim the opposite even though the posts are there for all to read.

Now you've butchered them yourself I guess any warranty is void anyway so all academic.
snow report
Does this thread qualify as Snowheads Gold yet? Laughing
latest report
I got 420 ski days from my previous pair of Zipfits, and my current pair are a few days short of 300 ski days. Did not need to mod them, apart from having the boot fitter inject a bit of extra goop into the tongue of the current Zipfits.

@Peter Stevens, you must have very odd feet to need to do what you described above. Now that you have physically altered your liners, you have obviated any possibility of getting support from either the company or the ski shop, which appears to have been offered in the past. Enjoy your liner engineering hobby. Do regale us once in a while about how you have bested Sven Coomer in liner design.
snow conditions
This thread reminds me of the "they're all out of step except my Johnny" saying.
snow conditions
@Peter Stevens, one does not need to trim back the black plastic as that part of the integrity of the tongue, releasing the stitching and stretching the neoprene just a little to give more margin would have done the job perfectly well, been a lot neater and not affected your warranty... the minute the knife came out you voided any support from anyone

i will pass on your comments to the factory who have been making these liners for over 30 years i am sure they will change their processes
snow report
My Zipfits were fitted by Sven Coomer. They worked!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah @ Peter Stevens the man who is far to busy to even post his liners to Bicester yet on a ready reckoner has already spunked £1000+ plus on boots and liners in his relatively short skiing career. I've filled in post count, nasty forum, used to be a mod himself, useless liners, sad people who don't have a life on my cockwomble bingo card.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes,
Have you been drinking with oneglove ?
snow conditions
@musher, ? Made perfect sense to me.
ski holidays
@Chaletbeauroc, me too
snow conditions
Sven taught me boot fitting and fitted my liners (in ... 199x jesus I am old). I just got new ones and they are marvellous.
ski holidays
Peter Stevens wrote:
With 9823 posts, I respect your opinion greatly Very Happy

I thought it was funny? Hoped it might provide respite to you from all that unfair criticism from the useless ski shop guy and all those nasty forum members.

Didn’t realize you only wanted replies from people with less posts than you?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 3-03-23 14:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@BobinCH, Just as well Pam W didn't respond Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
71000 + posts
latest report
I wonder how many I have got?
latest report
Well there it is 5334

Oh...booger 5335 now... Very Happy
snow report
Only got 1 pair of Zipfits though...only ever needed 1 pair because they are damn perfect.,,,as was the service from our friend CEM.

And...more booger...5336 now!
snow report
@CEM do you know of any folks with a quiver of zipfits?
ski holidays
Mother hucker wrote:
@CEM do you know of any folks with a quiver of zipfits?

with the new GFT liner there are a few folks using both an alpine liner and the tour version

none of them have issues with the tongue though wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy