Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quarantine insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Can anybody point me in the direction of an insurance policy that will cover quarantine costs in Austria. I have a Big Blue economy yearly insurance package. I tried to call Big Blue but no one is answering this morning.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.hsbc.co.uk/help/coronavirus/travel-guidance/whats-covered-under-hsbc-travel-insurance/#quarantine
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its important to check all small print. Many I have researched have the broad headlines of cover as per the HSBC link attached above. However on closer inspection I found the actual level of cover to be consistently poor. For example £20 cover per period of 24 hours in enforced isolation so long as its in your original booked accommodation.

So if say you're on the last day at your booked accommodation and they force you out because they have bookings coming in, well best of luck finding alternative accommodation and food and water for ten days at just £20 per day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tom H, i have posted on other threads regarding my direct line travel insurance cover, after i spoke to their customer services dept, the lady on the phone stated that i will be covered up to £10,000,000 as covid quarantine is classed as medical cover. i questioned this figure a couple of times, but she insisted this was the case, there is no section in their policy for covid as far as i could find.

so in theory i could quarantine in the paris ritz hotel, if no other accommodation is available Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

also, they are one of the few that cover cancellation due to foreign office advice not to travel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@terrygasson, same thing with Flexiplus with Nationwide. They class getting covid abroad as a medical event for which you are covered.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ster, that is good news that other insurance providers have the same policy, i thought the direct line customer services rep was getting confused, hence why i checked a couple of times!!

obviously, am hoping it is not required any time!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ster, Thanks, good news for me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@terrygasson, a pleasure but I thought you were looking forward to your stay in the Ritz. And how are you planning to get into France?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
terrygasson wrote:
@Tom H, i have posted on other threads regarding my direct line travel insurance cover, after i spoke to their customer services dept, the lady on the phone stated that i will be covered up to £10,000,000 as covid quarantine is classed as medical cover. i questioned this figure a couple of times, but she insisted this was the case, there is no section in their policy for covid as far as i could find.

so in theory i could quarantine in the paris ritz hotel, if no other accommodation is available Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

also, they are one of the few that cover cancellation due to foreign office advice not to travel

Thanks all for the input. I suppose having Covid is a medical event and if quarantine is the treatment then it should be covered. Feeling a bit better but would be nice if big blue would return my call.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ster, it would be nice to stay in the ritz, but that would be dependant on direct line paying up front!!!!

i am in france already, i made the great escape friday afternoon, i return late boxing day.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tom H wrote:
Hi
Can anybody point me in the direction of an insurance policy that will cover quarantine costs in Austria. I have a Big Blue economy yearly insurance package. I tried to call Big Blue but no one is answering this morning.

Thanks

Assuming you bought the policy since 3rd September 2020, does this page answer your questions?

https://travel.bigbluecover.com/covid?undefined=&undefined=&undefined=
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Tom H wrote:
Hi

Thanks

Assuming you bought the policy since 3rd September 2020, does this page answer your questions?

https://travel.bigbluecover.com/covid?undefined=&undefined=&undefined=

Thank you. Yes it does and it appears I am covered for this situation.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
terrygasson wrote:
@ster, it would be nice to stay in the ritz, but that would be dependant on direct line paying up front!!!!

i am in france already, i made the great escape friday afternoon, i return late boxing day.

Got there before the travel lockdown there, and likely back here before the lockdown expected here. And with great snow it seems. You should buy a lottery ticket.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy