Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Re-routing to CH / Current restrictions in CH

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

we were due to holiday in Avoriaz from Tuesday for a week. Thats now not possible so looking at alternatives.

Has anyone taken the plunge and re-booked a new holiday to Switzerland?

We have the option of alternative accomodation in Thyon and can get a flight out on Monday but nervous of booking it and then being banned between now and monday Puzzled

To those currently in CH, are restaurants and bars (and ski lifts for that matter) still open? From what Iv read, the Cantons were taking a vote on further restrictions yesterday but I cant
seem to find anything with the outcome of that vote unfortunately.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Everything is open at the moment federal- announcement tomorrow. You need to test at 4 and 7 days.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Current rules on travelcheck:

Pandemic-related measures
You need to present a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours). A second test is required four to seven days after entry. This may be a PCR test or a rapid nasopharyngeal antigen test. The test result must be reported to the competent cantonal office. Under 16s and people who have a medical certificate to prove that they cannot have a Sars-CoV-2 test for medical reasons are exempt from the testing requirement. (read more)
You need to fill in an entry form before you cross the border. (entry form).

https://travelcheck.admin.ch/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
swskier wrote:
Current rules on travelcheck:

Pandemic-related measures
You need to present a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours). A second test is required four to seven days after entry. This may be a PCR test or a rapid nasopharyngeal antigen test. The test result must be reported to the competent cantonal office. Under 16s and people who have a medical certificate to prove that they cannot have a Sars-CoV-2 test for medical reasons are exempt from the testing requirement. (read more)
You need to fill in an entry form before you cross the border. (entry form).

https://travelcheck.admin.ch/

There was an addition to this on the swiss site regarding the day 4 - 7 test, stating that if you were in Switzerland for less than 7 days yu didn't have to do the day 4 - 7 test.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Our holiday is flights to Geneva, then off to the 3 valleys. If we now move to Switzerland somewhere, we'll be in the country 9 days 14-23 Jan, so the day 4-7 test will just work as our test for entry back to England, assuming the rules stay the same, and we have the test done on the Friday evening, right at the end of the day 7.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@swskier, the return-to-UK test requirement is done by calendar days (I think) rather than hours, so it shouldn't matter what time you take your test on day 7.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Doing a swerve away from France. EZY to GVA tomorrow, and going to Verbs for 4 days. Both at least double vacc and QR code loads up fine on the Swiss COVID app. Done the preflight PCR, and got the confirmation of entry email from the Swiss PLF site. Plus the LFT for return and the Day 2 PCR booked. 460GBP worth of tests all in for 2 people what a bargain!
Fingers crossed nothing new gets announced tomorrow…….
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Am i right in thinking that the UK covid pass is acceptable in Switzerland?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@james75, yes it is. There’s a Swiss ‘Covid Certificate’ app, which will scan your NHS travel pass QR code. You will need to present the cert to enter Swiss restaurants, bars, etc.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
At what age do UK kids need to be vaccinated to enter CH if coming with parents? Is it 16 or 18? Thanks
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BobinCH, 16.

@skidm, @james75, remember your ID - swiss covid pass needs it
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we are also thinking of switching our 3V holiday on Jan 9th to Switzerland being as we have GVA flights, does anyone know what time today the Swiss are due to announce/update?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@BobinCH, 16.

I have the UK domestic/travel covid pass on phone (and printed) and will have id also, this will be enough?

thanks
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have just switched from PdS to Villars from the 27th. I would have done it earlier if we hadn’t paid into the hotel (and the extra cost isn’t small of course!) - this way is much easier for our single vax’d teen. Now keeping everything crossed for no more restrictions and of course staying negative!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@BobinCH, 16.

Thanks. And assume 18yo needs to be double vaxxed?
ski holidays
I have a 15 yr old and 13 yr old (both single jabbed and recovered but unable to get covid pass) Nendaz Tourist office confirmed by email that they don't need to have test / covid passes as long as they are with double jabbed adults with covid passes. Only requirement which applies to them is mask wearing on lifts / in restaurants etc.
snow conditions
james75 wrote:
I have a 15 yr old and 13 yr old (both single jabbed and recovered but unable to get covid pass) Nendaz Tourist office confirmed by email that they don't need to have test / covid passes as long as they are with double jabbed adults with covid passes. Only requirement which applies to them is mask wearing on lifts / in restaurants etc.

That’s good for U16’s but above 16 I think kids are considered adults for all Covid related restrictions. Have some friends looking at alternatives to France and don’t want any last minute hiccups with the 18yo!!!
ski holidays
Hi

I have unvaccinated child aged 16, to enter Switzerland she needs a negative PCR test and has to travel with a parent who is fully vaccinated.

My NHS vaccination status app is accepted in Swiss restaurants, bars ski lifts etc, but does anyone know the rules for a 16 year old are, can they go to restaurants. can they use public transport, can they use ski lifts???

I cant really find an answer, it states that children under 16 are exempt and that 16 and older have to comply with the rules, are they exempt if accompanied with a parent as it is with entry requirements.

thanks the help.
snow report
Parsfield wrote:
Hi

I have unvaccinated child aged 16, to enter Switzerland she needs a negative PCR test and has to travel with a parent who is fully vaccinated.

My NHS vaccination status app is accepted in Swiss restaurants, bars ski lifts etc, but does anyone know the rules for a 16 year old are, can they go to restaurants. can they use public transport, can they use ski lifts???

I cant really find an answer, it states that children under 16 are exempt and that 16 and older have to comply with the rules, are they exempt if accompanied with a parent as it is with entry requirements.

thanks the help.

Not sure sorry - have been concentrating on the vaxxed rules - it's all a bit confusing!! I'm hoping I've got it right about the under 16s not needing a neg PCR to get in to Switzerland?????
latest report
@Parsfield, there is a government announcement at 2pm. I think you will get an answer then that is more helpful.
snow report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@Parsfield, there is a government announcement at 2pm. I think you will get an answer then that is more helpful.

Swiss Government announcement?

Hope they don't follow France. I'm flying tomorrow at 11?
snow conditions
Nadenoodle, thank you for the info.

Here's hoping we can still go.

thanks
ski holidays
16 and over need a certificate to access certain places/events whilst not everything needs a pass, this red zone might be a pain not to access but you can see all the coverage from the link below.

Indoor areas of bars and restaurants (including in hotels)

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/covid-zertifikat/covid-zertifikat-einsatz.html

Lifts (all types) and ski areas dont seem to need a pass but of course could change.
latest report
Also whilst not an official site this is a useful summary in
plain language seemingly upto date from a well known Swiss ski school

https://www.snow-pros.ski/blog/covid-skiing-switzerland
snow report
@james75, me too, I am begging everything stays as it is!
snow conditions
It seems announcement today will be about implementing 2G, not travel restrictions. But it does mean over 16’s probably not allowed in restaurants unless fully vaxxed - all tbc later https://www.swissinfo.ch/fre/societe/pandémie_coronavirus--la-situation-en-suisse/45604062
snow conditions
You also need to know the rules / consequences of that day 4-7 test being positive ..... and /or becoming ill with Covid out there. 10-14 ?? days self isolation - where and at what cost - your hotel probably wont want you, your Air B&B will have another booking coming in etc, is it in mandatory govn / canton isolation place for foreign nationals? So you really need to be prepared for stumping up ~£3k+ ?? for additional accommodation or ensure your insurance covers it in that eventuality.
latest report
@Parsfield, yes now at 2:30 UK time.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2G in place in restaurants - link to live feed here https://www.20min.ch/story/2g-2g-homeoffice-pflicht-wie-entscheidet-der-bundesrat-167907664440
ski holidays
4 to 7 day test dropped for vaccinated

https://www.newsd.admin.ch/newsd/message/attachments/69711.pdf
snow conditions
albob wrote:
4 to 7 day test dropped for vaccinated

https://www.newsd.admin.ch/newsd/message/attachments/69711.pdf

This is great news. Iv not seen anything about this as yet. Im due to go to CH on Monday now and this is abit of a boost.

Also says a lateral flow within 24 hours of arrival now rather than a PCR test - if Iv read it right that is
ski holidays
PCR (72 hours) or LFT (24 hours)

".Iv not seen anything about this as yet..."

See my last post in the Swiss Quarantine thread for links
snow report
Great - Last night I booked for my wife and I to have a PCR test tomorrow - £152! Need not have bothered! Laughing
ski holidays
@NewSkiingDad, Yep - but by Monday will the airlines have caught with latest regulations !!?? - somehow I doubt it
latest report
Excellent news! I can finally pack Very Happy
snow conditions
albob wrote:
@NewSkiingDad, Yep - but by Monday will the airlines have caught with latest regulations !!?? - somehow I doubt it

Good point. We are still going to take the PCR tests. Heres hoping for a negative!
ski holidays
Oh this is good news! Especially after all the grief of getting ready for France. Just have to make sure we don't catch the wretched thing in the nezt 10 days!
ski holidays
Hi

So..... Under the 2G rules and entry requirements, a UK 16 year old who is not double vaccinated or recovered from covid, (so classed as unvaccinated), can enter Switzerland by having a negative PCR if accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent/adult. (Or antigen test)

But the same 16 year old can not enter restaurants, bars, (hotel restaurants included) even with a negative test and still has to have a day4-7 antigen test.

What about public transport, trains, ski lifts??

I have an apartment booked, so not too fussed about restaurants (don't really want to cook for two weeks, but rules are rules) but if my daughter cant use public transport to from Geneva to Grindelwald or use the ski lifts, its pretty much game over.

Be good to hear from any one else who has teenagers that fall in that bracket.

Many Thanks
ski holidays
@Parsfield, so far covid passes haven't been needed on public transport or ski lifts and I very much doubt that at least the public transport side ever would be
snow report
@Parsfield, new rules from Monday just announced here:
EDIT: removed wrong link. See link in albob‘s post below.

No COVID certificate required for public transport or ski lifts. 2G COVID certificate required for restaurants and bars from age 16.
Day 4-7 test abolished and only antigen now needed to get in (< 24 hrs old).

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 17-12-21 19:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy