Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VT now off. Debating Italy. Where is best?

Poster: A snowHead
VT 15th Jan is now off. Debating Italy. Even though it’s most likely going to go the same way. Can anyone recommend where is best? Just for something to look at this evening whilst I wipe away the tears whilst drowning my sorrows.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Champoluc...as soon as our Canadian trip gets cancelled we will try for italy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've had really good holidays in both Cervinia and Sauze d’Oulx in Italy. We keep wanting to try Champoluc, but get put off by conflicting reports on the size and easy of the ski area. It's on my list though! Good luck getting re-booked somewhere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cervina
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Grantley1988 wrote:
VT 15th Jan is now off. Debating Italy. Even though it’s most likely going to go the same way. Can anyone recommend where is best? Just for something to look at this evening whilst I wipe away the tears whilst drowning my sorrows.

Bulgaria appears to be the safest bet! wink
Azerbaijan has some skiing too, long flight though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
micheleperry wrote:
We've had really good holidays in both Cervinia and Sauze d’Oulx in Italy. We keep wanting to try Champoluc, but get put off by conflicting reports on the size and easy of the ski area. It's on my list though! Good luck getting re-booked somewhere.

I enjoyed my week there (Champoluc), there is a bit of unusual linking between the 3 areas if you want to ski it all but if like me you're happy to stay in one area per day there's still plenty good skiing to be had. It's not the easiest for beginners, good for intermediates and advanced though but if you need to avoid the goat run thing (red) to get from champlouc across to gressoney as a novice you can instead travel along the valley a little in the ski bus and get a different lift up.
It's like to get to the green runs you need to deal with the odd red. That goat run terrifies some people, quite steep.
Champoluc Monte Rosa was the quietest resort I've skied.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 16-12-21 19:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just booked Champoluc to replace our January Les Arcs trip. Booked it two weeks later just in case we can go to France by then and will have to cope with just a week in between holidays.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sonic the Skier wrote:
Just booked Champoluc to replace our January Les Arcs trip. Booked it two weeks later just in case we can go to France by then and will have to cope with just a week in between holidays.

Are you getting insurance ok for Italy? If I was an insurer I would be nervous offering cover for Italy skiing just now!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grantley1988 wrote:

Cervinia / Zermatt for the unbeatable variety of areas, views of the Matterhorn and Italian / Swiss food to die for!

Courmayeur for the sensational off piste off the Hellbronner and varied skiing on the Classic Cournayeur side with rich hot chocolates to die for! Stylish and well Cafe Roma is an après institution

Monterosa for some cracking skiing and refuge options. You can ski over to Zermatt off the Indren with skins and a guide. Alagna my favourite town to stay as it’s so classic Italian if remote. Off piste can be amazing if there are Southerlies. Avoid if it’s dry and hot as everything will be baked

Milky Way. Only been once to Montgenevre but it was great. We toured, went far, and high, the skiing was sensational. Would love to go back.

Viva Italia snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mrs U's Dad came from Champoluc, so we know MR pretty well. As a holiday destination it's pretty lovely.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As the OP like VThorens, i would consider a comparable italian resorts with some steep runs like Arabba or Selva val Gardena.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The dates are not the same, but if it's of interest we have availability as part of our group have withdrawn from our trip to Arabba 27th Dec to 4th Jan... two doubles and a twin available.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We’ve found a few places in Selva. Will give Iglu a call tomorrow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Madonna di Campiglio? Just came from there, and was surprised how well everything worked, and how good the skiing was!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Managed to book Val Gardena this morning through Iglu and Crystal Ski. Most likely will not go ahead but nice to be a little excited for a week or so Eh oh!
snow report
This is what I'm worried about. Brits discovering Italy and realising it beats France in all departments. Packed slopes in the Dolomites next year probably.
latest report
Quote:

Packed slopes in the Dolomites next year probably.

Do you mean "more packed"

I have to confess I have only skied the Dolomites once, though I climb there every summer and really like the area. I ski in France in normal years a couple times a year since I simply prefer the French ski experience. My limited experience was that around Canazei the slopes were as busy as Les Arcs, but the lift queues longer. The skiing though is different. I appreciate that many people prefer heavily bashed pistes, even bashed blacks, while some of us like more variety. The skiing in Italy tends to be much of a muchness - lots of GS carving down firm billiard table pistes.

However, I would certainly reccommend the Dolomites for the scenery alone. For the summer we stay near Alleghe, but most of the towns are good Canazei and Wolkenstein are the two obvious big ones to go for, Arraba is more central to the best of the skiing while St. Ulrich is simply beautiful.
latest report
snaffy wrote:
This is what I'm worried about. Brits discovering Italy and realising it beats France in all departments. Packed slopes in the Dolomites next year probably.

Me too. Confused
latest report
Yes France has more challenging skiing but there's lots of great off piste in Italy too. For me the scenery, food, pistes and welcome make it heaven
snow report
snaffy wrote:
Yes France has more challenging skiing but there's lots of great off piste in Italy too. For me the scenery, food, pistes and welcome make it heaven

Shooosh!! Neutral
snow report
snaffy wrote:

Shooosh!! Neutral
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy