Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
I would be very grateful for info concerning entry to Italy - from Austria. We are travelling Thursday 3rd March, staying two nights in Germany, different places, en route to a week in Altenmarkt. Then driving to Seiser Alm on 12 March for two weeks.
We can look up entry to Austria and Italy ok but not easy to find Italy from Austria.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Pamski, Try this from Crystal

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/resources/content/wp-content/uploads/Travel-local-COVID-19-requirements-180222-at-1610.pdf

Last updated on the 18th of Feb
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is the super green pass the NHS fully jabbed barcode? I am not an Italian speaker, other than please , thank you,and two beers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@twoodwar, Yes it is!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm back from Madonna DiC, here are my observatins.
Outbound, TUI from MAN, they only asked if we had vaccine cert, LFT result and Euro PLF, but didn't ask to see them. Italian immigration only wanted to see passports. I expect the PLF is linked to passport no but can't remember if that included an upload of the vaccine cert.
In resort, every day we had to "attach" our vaccine cert to the ski pass otherwise the lift gates wouldn't work. It was a bit annoying to have to do this every day, given that I was uploading literally the same document each day. The contents were certainly being checked as I accidentally uploaded an unrelated pdf one morning so they should have been able to extract the expiry date.
On Sunday and Monday they were stricter about masks in busy chairlift queues, but from Tuesday onwards no-one said anything. Gondola entrances always had someone on duty in the morning to tell you to put a mask on, they were less fussed when it got quieter.
Inbound, TUI check-in asked to see UK PLF. We used the automatic passport gates at Manchester which didn't need separate PLF presentation, presumably the databases are linked.
And in case anyone's wondering, self-administered LFTs are a total farce. If you put the buffer solution straight into the well without adding snot, you just get a negative result. Evidently the Bulgarians know this as my wife and other son went there yesterday test-free, provided fully-vaccinated status.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh forgot to say, NHS track and trace contacted all of our group 4 days after arrival stating someone on the flight home tested posative...
If you are fully vaxed, no isolation required... And by all accounts will be scrapped end of the month anyway.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Stevens wrote:

In shops and restaurants they still expect FFP2 but less vigorously than a month ago. Same with scanning the vacc cert (I laminated mine and have it around my neck).

Could I ask what size you printed out your vaccination certificate and did you include all three QR codes? TIA
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@zikomo, cheers, that was my understanding. Just checking as we are nearer departure snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@albob, thanks for that. Certainly if you are flying Crystal have made everything very clear for their passengers.
Having already been to Austria and back this year and likewise France just before Christmas we will just keep an eye on any last minute changes. We are jabbed four times and very used to showing that proof, from the wallet.
I have absolutely no problem abiding by whatever the latest regs on FFP2 masks wherever they are required and have no truck with people who try and make life difficult for lifties simply doing what they have been asked to do.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back from Cervinia yesterday. Here are some observations.
1. Easyjet @ EDI were hot on checking PLFs and vacc status and wearing an FFP2 mask on the plane on the way out.
2. Mask wearing in resort was pretty good, but may folk were using buffs or simple fabric masks, including many of the lifties what were wearing Cervinia branded fabric masks.
3. I put the European green pass app on my phone and scanned all the families NHS Scotland vacc status QR codes, so I had them all together for going into places - I only used it 4 times in Cervinia - many places weren't bothering with checking it.
Overall, it was pretty relaxed although wearing an FFP2 mask whilst walking around a warm hotel in ski gear can get old pretty quickly.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fast Pat wrote:
Peter Stevens wrote:

In shops and restaurants they still expect FFP2 but less vigorously than a month ago. Same with scanning the vacc cert (I laminated mine and have it around my neck).

Could I ask what size you printed out your vaccination certificate and did you include all three QR codes? TIA

You only need the 'newest' QR code. I printed out mine quite small as I wanted to laminate it (credit card size - had to trim it a bit)

Used these for lamination https://www.amazon.co.uk/Customcard-ltd-Laminating-Pouches-Credit/dp/B00S9NBLP8?tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Manchester/Bergamo In and Out nothing checked formally on LFT's or PLF's unless it's on passport control screen?

Agree with Spike baggage handling at Manchester T1 45mins following a 45min wait on the plane, whilst they found a stand is a joke for what they claim is a first class international airport....the only thing they are experts in is charging for carparking and drop off pickups. Granted it was bad weather (yesterday evening), I accept the hour and a half delay getting off the ground in Italy, as our plane had previously done Gothenburg/Manchester (must've been fun) but the additional 'delay' due to the lack of service when we landed is unacceptable, it seemed that it was almost a surprise that we turned up (well done to our pilot BTW).

In resort, (Madesimo), and on the flights, adherence to mask wearing was excellent. Our NHS QR's worked well when called upon, once at hotel check in and twice randomly at our hut of choice during our week.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@susieq78,
Quote:

Single vax is valid after a short period (Poss 7 or 10 days) until 42 days for the type uk teens are given
Also, your hotel may check but on the slopes I think you will be fine anyway to claim age 11. Nobody expects kids to be carrying ID.
We just got back from monterosa and not one of us had to show a covid pass for a single lift. We did for hotel and restaurant meals. 13yo had his (looks 17 so got asked) and 11yo never asked.

Did your 13 yo had a single vax? And a QR code?
I am going to Cervinia next week with a 15 yo with a single vax (received Feb 15 - will be 16 days at arrival).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I am going to Cervinia next week with a 15 yo with a single vax (received Feb 15 - will be 16 days at arrival)

Shouldn't 15 yo's be double jabbed?

Quote:
Italy will accept a single dose of vaccination for Super Green Pass status so long as the holder is not yet eligible for their second dose.

Children who have only had one dose of the vaccine will still count as unvaccinated for entry into Italy, and must therefore take a pre-departure PCR test and be accompanied by fully vaccinated adult to avoid quarantine upon arrival.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/italy-covid-restrictions-what-new-super-green-pass-rules-mean-for-ski-holidays-and-travel-with-children-1394530

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 21-02-22 15:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone have any idea if pre flight covid tests for Italy may be scrapped like we have done here?

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
@Padster, I think they said will next review on 15th March- annoying as I am due to go on 12th.

Would take a way a whole load of stress if they did! Am currently in don't catch Covid mode for next 2 weeks and 4 days
snow report
Padster wrote:
Anyone have any idea if pre flight covid tests for Italy may be scrapped like we have done here?

Thanks in advance

I believe the next review of covid rules for Italy is 15th March so I’m guessing nothing changes before then. They rarely seem to revise rules outside their set timescales but who knows these days.
snow report
Thanks @MCL & @Chuckles as we also fly on the 12th it's no help as I agree it would be some much easier!

Also keeping fingers crossed..... is the fit to fly test 24hrs before departure or landing?
ski holidays
@Padster, "..After a stay/transit in the United Kingdom, a molecular test must be taken in the 48 hours before you arrive (antigen test in the 24 hours before you arrive).."

https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/returningtoitaly.html

Mine was only checked at my departure airport (along with PLF) - In Italy, they only looked at Passport
latest report
Has anyone travelled to France flying into and back from Italy? If so where LFTs needed?
snow report
It is 24 hours before landing/entering the country, so you have to hope no major delays from outgoing airport.
snow conditions
Padster wrote:
Thanks @MCL & @Chuckles as we also fly on the 12th it's no help as I agree it would be some much easier!

Also keeping fingers crossed..... is the fit to fly test 24hrs before departure or landing?

Just build in some wiggle room to allow for delays but as already said, it’s only checked at UK airport. We test around 3.00 pm Sat for a 10.00 am arrival Sunday. Our covid pass was scanned on arrival into Turin in Jan - Going again in 2 weeks so will be interesting to see what, if anything, they bother with this time.
ski holidays
Thanks again all, late afternoon test then before flying, & fingers crossed I come across no unwashed between now and then lol!
snow report
Quote:

Has anyone travelled to France flying into and back from Italy? If so where LFTs needed?

You are flying into Italy therefore an LFT will be required. This will be checked as you check in at the UK airport. You'll need to record your destination information on the PLF.
snow report
Hi OTS. Thanks. Is that from your experince?
ski holidays
Quote:

@Doccam yes, back from Italy yesterday.
snow report
OTS wrote:
Quote:

@Doccam yes, back from Italy yesterday.

Great thanks for the info- and just to be clear that’s travelling into France and back?
snow report
No, just into Italy, but the airline staff aren't going to care what your final destination is.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok understand travelling to Italy to stay requires LFT but rules say <36 hours transit “privately” doesn’t. My question was whether anyone has done so without LFTs.
Anyone Successfully managed without?
ski holidays
This might help
https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=english&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=10

Quote:

Covid-19, travellers
Italiano | English
Air, Sea and Land Transits

Air Transits
For air transit, persons who:

do not leave the transit area of the airports
do not stay in our country, but use an Italian airport as a stopover or destination airport and then head to their residence/domicile abroad

must present, at the time of embarkation, the certification of having carried out the swab according to the discipline provided by the Order of the Minister of Health of 14 December 2021.

The requirement for a swab in the case of a transit is waived if the transit in Italy starts from a country in list C and the passenger has a COVID-19 certificate (Green Pass) of vaccination or recovery from COVID-19.
snow report
Quote:

Ok understand travelling to Italy to stay requires LFT but rules say <36 hours transit “privately” doesn’t. My question was whether anyone has done so without LFTs.
Anyone Successfully managed without?

"privately" or "by private means" ?

Exemptions
Provided that no COVID-19 symptoms arise, and without prejudice to the obligation to fill out the PLF (Passenger locator form), the following exemptions are foreseen from the self-isolation described above:

in the cases referred to in Art. 51 paragraph 7) letters a), b), c), l), of the Prime Ministerial Decree of 2 March 2021 listed below:
transport crew members
onboard transport staff
travel to and from the States and territories referred to in List A of Annex 20
cross-border workers entering and leaving Italy for proven reasons of work and for the subsequent return journey home of to their place of residence
The following is also exempted:

anyone entering Italy for a period not exceeding one hundred and twenty hours (five days) for proven necessity due to work, health or absolute emergency, with the obligation, upon expiry of said term, either to immediately leave the country or to start a 5-day period of monitoring and self-quarantine and, at the end of said period, to take a molecular or antigen swab test;

anyone using private means to transit through the Italian territory for a period not exceeding thirty-six hours, with the obligation, on expiry of said term, either to immediately leave the country or to start a 5-day period of monitoring and self-quarantine and, at the end of said period, to take a molecular or antigen swab test
See the Exemptions section for more information.

I guess the issue is how arriving on a commercial flight counts as 'using private means'.

TBH I'd just do the tests - for the sake of <£20 per person it's probably not worth the risk of not doing it.
ski holidays
Sounds like different ports of entry/ times/people may be more or less zealous.
Our forms weren't checked leaving UK but were all checked at passport control in Italy.
All masks on lifts/ shops Green pass only for buying lift ticket so far confirmed with passport.
snow report
We are in Italy now. Because we flew into Geneva and had a private transfer through to Champoluc, nobody checked any of our paperwork. We had everything ready. The car ahead of ours did get flagged down at the Italy border from france, presume they had their paperwork checked.
ski holidays
To alleviate my stress over tests, can any recent travellers help with some advice?

Which tests used
How quick was the turn round
How easy to upload from mobile phone (will be doing tests in a Gatwick hotel)
How easy to get certificate on mobile as unlikely to be able to print

Also did you print PLF or is QR code ok

Thankyou!
snow report
@afcbtim,
Excalibur 24 hour LFT- near instant (using their App)
Randox 2-day LFT - near instant (using their App)

I saved the PLF QR code to 'files' on my Iphone
ski holidays
albob wrote:
@afcbtim,
Excalibur 24 hour LFT- near instant (using their App)
Randox 2-day LFT - near instant (using their App)

I saved the PLF QR code to 'files' on my Iphone

FWIW, I did Randox outbound and Excalibur for day-2 on return, both via apps and both gave results / certs within minutes.
I printed the outbound cert and saved it to my phone but i didn’t manage to upload it to BA and it was not checked at either LHR or Venice.
latest report
Chronomics give instant results as well.
snow report
Great that’s all clear. No avoiding them!
OTS yep that’s my wife’s view- but if someone took £20 out of my wallet for no reason I’d be pretty p***d off - and it’s been happening repeatedly for over a year now.
I do a lot of work with companies that have branched out into this whole testing (scam?) and they see it as a cash cow. I’m just trying to make sure I’m only shelling out what I really need to.
snow report
Just back from Italy, flying MAN-VRN-MAN with Ryanair and skiing in the Dolomites...

A bit of a faff getting it all done beforehand, so was a bit disappointed that no-one even looked at our LFD test certs, Vax certs or EU PLFs at either airport on the way out, just passports and boarding passes by Ryanair gate staff at MAN and Passports at VRN. We didn't have any hold bags, so maybe more checks there if you did??

24hr LFTs were Randox, click and collect the week before from a local shop for £14.50 each. Did them the morning of departure for evening flight, so we had plenty of leeway. Cert came back in their CertiFly app within a few mins.

There were still signs up asking for FFP2 masks on the lifts. It was enforced quite a bit on closed lifts and one or two chairlifts too.

You had to revalidate your liftpass every day with your vax cert QR code, though the Dolomiti Superski app did remember it, so it was just open the app and press a button after the first day. We weren't asked to show them at mountain restaurants, though we stopped outside, only went in to use the toilets.

Many locals were still wearing FFP2 masks outside even though the law for outdoor masks expired on Feb 10th. Whenever you entered a supermarket/shop, everyone wore one.

On the way back at VRN, you had to get your Green Pass (Vax cert QR code) verified to go airside and the Italian gate staff were rigorously checking for FFP2 masks, UK PLFs and vax certs as well as Passports and boarding passes before boarding.
latest report
@Doccam I agree, it's a pain the neck, and a cash cow for some companies.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy