Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
FFP2 masks?

I know this is stated on the guidance, however I’ve never seen anyone in the UK wear these. Mostly surgical or cloth. How strict is the wearing of FFP2 being policed? Or will I absolutely need an FFP2 mask for restaurant / enclosed bubble lift etc?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@The Black Tusk, everyone is wearing FFP2 masks and also CoViD vaccination proof on entry is checked.

You can buy the masks online. I've got JSP delivered via their Amazon shop in a day.

They are also available from Screwfix, Toolstation etc etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@The Black Tusk, everyone is wearing FFP2 masks and also CoViD vaccination proof on entry is checked.

You can buy the masks online. I've got JSP delivered via their Amazon shop in a day.

They are also available from Screwfix, Toolstation etc etc.

Thanks Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
One major travel rule for Italy is to have a passport Toofy Grin

(May need to read the PreBB in Alleghe thread to get this one)

With commiserations to @JailBaitMcFlude!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Traveling to Val Gardena via Innsbruck from the USA in Feb. We are fully vax'd with booster shots. A few questions - would love some insight as it's all pretty confusing... Smile Seems we qualify as "in transit" when arriving to Austria, so only need to follow Italy's requirements? That means a negative Antigen test 24-hours before for us. Does anyone know if home tests work for Italy arrival? Will be impossible to get the test in the US and meet the 24-hour requirement, so will have to get a test at our Vienna stopover I assume? A home test would make it so much more convenient if it's allowed. Where do they check on the drive from Innsbruck to Val Gardena? Or, is it the hotel that checks?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@SF_Skier, you could get PCR tests- 48 hour limit for those.
Also you meet the Austrian entry requirements on any case.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My information is that they aren’t checking on the border at the Brenner Pass but I wouldn’t risk it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@agw, Thank you so much! Very helpful. Good idea on the 48-hr PCR.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah, how long are you staying in Vienna?
As you say, you might have to get an LFT there.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SF_Skier, Home tests are acceptable - the ones you pay for and are provided with a certificate to say your are 'clear' : your problem will be with the timing

The PCR requirement is 72 hours from the States

"In accordance with Prime Ministerial Decree of March 2, 2021 Order of October 22 and Order of December 14, 2021 of the Minister of Health, people who have stayed in or transited Countries in List D in the 14 days prior to entering Italy must:

fill out a digital Passenger Locator Form (only in case of lack of necessary tools to fill out the dPLF, you can use a paper-based self-declaration) and present it to the carrier or any other authorised person, either printed or on one's mobile device.
present to the carrier, or any other authorised person, a certificate of vaccination stating that the cycle of vaccination has been completed with an EMA-athorised vaccine or EU Green Pass proving the same;
undergo a molecular test, carried out by means of a swab and with negative result, in the 72 hours before they arrive, or an antigen test, carried out by means of a swab and with negative result, in the 24 hours before they arrive...."

Put your details in here the check -- https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/index_en.html

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 23-01-22 19:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SF_Skier, a 'home' test will work as long as it allows you to get a negative test certificate, this is what will be checked on entry.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@albob, So very helpful!! Agree the timing is the kicker...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@agw, Just on a layover from Vienna to Innsbruck. Not leaving the airport. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@albob, Great intel and thanks for the link to the site - awesome. Really appreciate the help... Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@agw, Random question - would you happen to know what the Point of Entry would be via car from Innsbruck to Val Gardena? Asked on the PLF form.
ski holidays
Brenner Pass/Passo del Brennero
ski holidays
@albob, thanks for the correction
So PCR time limits-
72 hours from USA
48 from the UK
snow report
@agw, thank you thank you!! Smile
latest report
SF_Skier wrote:
@agw, thank you thank you!! Smile

Thank albob (and follow his link) - he got it right.

Btw, if you haven’t been to the Dolomites before you’re in for a treat snowHead
snow conditions
Hope this is OK to post.
We changed our trip last minute from cervinia to val thorens. Our deposit on the cervinia accomodation has been held by the owner, however they have said that if we want to use it for another trip this season, we can. It can only be for this winter season.

I would like for someone else to use this deposit if possible? Deposit is 420. The accomodation is hotel Perruquet. The owner has said the deposit is transferable to anyone.

Please contact me here or on WhatsApp 00353 87293 7613, if you could use this deposit
ski holidays
Grant Shapps has officially announced that from 4AM on the 11th Feb arrivals will no longer need to take the LFT - PLF still needed

That is for passengers arriving in England..

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 24-01-22 18:16; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Wonder what the chance of France and Italy following suit removing LFT entry test before half term is?
ski holidays
pure speculation but I'd say the chance of Italy changing are about zero, they had testing on inbound since last summer and all that's changed is the time before arrival that you need to take a test
latest report
@agw, It is our first time to the Dolomites! Cannot WAIT!!! snowHead
snow conditions
Just got box of ffp2 masks. Jesus they are horrid to wear. Went back a few pages to see how people actually manage but cant find info.
. Ie do you just pull the mask below chin when sking or do you take it off completely?
With the bands going over the head rather than the other masks with the ear loops then is it helmet/cap on off every time? Read on some forum that people put buttons on ear piece of the helmets. If renting helmet I assume this is not possible and the fact the bands are horizontal around head it won't work anyway!!
snow conditions
@garc, my FFP masks can be used around the ears or round the back of head (came with an extender bit to go around and use in that way).
latest report
NickyJ wrote:
@garc, my FFP masks can be used around the ears or round the back of head (came with an extender bit to go around and use in that way).

Yeah - the FFP2 rating is all about the mask itself, I've seen them with ear loops and back of the head straps.
ski holidays
agw wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Yeah - the FFP2 rating is all about the mask itself, I've seen them with ear loops and back of the head straps.

That good!

The ones I ordered were Omnitex brand.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@garc, we have been wearing FF2 masks in Austria for over ten days now. We, well he, attached little clips on each side, so put the helmet on and then attach the mask, it is very easy then to pull down to wear under the chin once out of the gondola or off the chair lift. There is very full adherence to the mask rule where we are, and the lifties bark out at anyone not wearing their mask. But appreciate not that easy if hiring a helmet. I did buy some extender straps which fit round the back of the helmet and can be attached to the straps of the masks but as these little clips work well we haven’t used them.
snow report
OK just over a week to go and nearly time to pull the trigger on a test. For those who arrived recently, are the Italians still happy with "self administered" LFT before flying from a reputable supplier... Or should I be looking to get one off someone who witnesses the test via video?

I need to avoid PCR as its only been 5 weeks since I tested positive and worried its still traceable.
snow report
Yes, self-test LFT (we used Excalibur) was fine - QR code accepted for flight to Italy.
ski holidays
ptex wrote:
Yes, self-test LFT (we used Excalibur) was fine - QR code accepted for flight to Italy.

Thanks for this... Squeaky bum time looming haha
latest report
The only time our LFT certificates were checked was at Tui check in at Manchester airport. She seemed to look quite closely at them but was happy with our C19 certs. No-one at Verona was interested.
snow report
garc wrote:
Just got box of ffp2 masks. Jesus they are horrid to wear. Went back a few pages to see how people actually manage but cant find info.
. Ie do you just pull the mask below chin when sking or do you take it off completely?
With the bands going over the head rather than the other masks with the ear loops then is it helmet/cap on off every time? Read on some forum that people put buttons on ear piece of the helmets. If renting helmet I assume this is not possible and the fact the bands are horizontal around head it won't work anyway!!

I stole this idea from someone else, seems to work well with ear loop FFP2 masks. Curtain hooks, exactly where and which way round you fit them depends on helmet.

ski holidays
@garc, I just pull mine below my chin once I'm out of the lift station. Most people seem to be doing the same, it's no big deal. In Madonna I'd say there's 95% compliance on chairs but the lifties don't seem bothered. Not heard anyone being shouted at. Mostly FFP2 masks but I've seen a few surgical masks and a few fabric ones. There are a couple of Carabinieri skiing around so I wouldn't risk it.
snow report
garc wrote:

You have bought the 'industrial' ones (for dust exclusion)

these have ear loops (other sellers are available..!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274679727345?hash=item3ff43004f1:g:qWEAAOSwU39gK5im
latest report
I think I prefer the FFP2 to the surgical masks
It was cold last week so ended up not removing them when skiing most of the time
Mrs G had attached buttons and that worked well
Thanks to whoever recommended that idea in the first place
snow report
I 3d printed these (in dark grey) - just slide over the chin straps - works a treat.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5170632
snow report
Thanks Tony and others. Very innovative snowheads. . Amazing what lengths we go to fulfil our fix. Off to moms to clean her curtains Toofy Grin
ski holidays

These work well.. You can still keep your mask on but take off your helmet if you need to.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy