Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
sledger wrote:
I have just had an email from Ryan Air stating that from today the following is required:

'UK and Northern Ireland: only with PCR test taken within 48h prior to arrival;'

So this means the Antigen test within 24hrs is no longer acceptable?

Does anyone have any more information or confirmation of this?

I just got the same email, again, which is completely wrong. You didn't have any issues in check in did you? I only have the 24h lateral flow.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We checked in with 24 hour rapid antigen with easy jet today
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Today's update

Passenger locator form now required.

Hope it stays like this Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kittya wrote:
Today's update

Passenger locator form now required.

Hope it stays like this Puzzled

Plf requirement hasn't changed for ages?!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Chamsters, I am travelling tomorrow I will let you know if I have any problems. I think the email is just clumsily worded incomplete. I have checked elsewhere and it seems 24hrs Antigen is OK.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sledger wrote:
@Chamsters, I am travelling tomorrow I will let you know if I have any problems. I think the email is just clumsily worded incomplete. I have checked elsewhere and it seems 24hrs Antigen is OK.

You're awesome thanks! I fly Sunday morning, have already had enough drama, don't want to add another!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Chamsters, Ryanair and Italian authorities accepted our 24hrs Antigen but it was checked on departure and arrival. I heard one of the Ryanair checking staff asking to see someone's PCR test but we had no problems with the Antigen test. Hope this gives you some assurance.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sledger wrote:
@Chamsters, Ryanair and Italian authorities accepted our 24hrs Antigen but it was checked on departure and arrival. I heard one of the Ryanair checking staff asking to see someone's PCR test but we had no problems with the Antigen test. Hope this gives you some assurance.

Thanks so much! That really provides some reassurance
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks so much for coming back to us on the antigen test - we are about to do ours now to fly tomorrow!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just arrived in Turin after swapping Les Arcs holiday for Cervinia . So far was painless- antigen accepted by Easyjet with no questions asked, in Turin only checked passports ( they do have random covid documentation checks but they didn’t ask us) . Currently on our way to the resort
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Two
Full days in Cervinia with 11 and 15. Not been asked for anything on any of the lifts. We tend to get gondola out of town about 9:30 and stay up for the day.
Slopes very quiet, easy to get food and beautiful weather to sit outside.
Cases in Aosta valley about 70 odd now I think, up from about 50 start of December.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rinky75, how are the snow conditions? Where do you recommend to ski with kids? Our first ski day is tomorrow, first time in Cervinia ( I have an 11 year old and an almost 8 year old)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flew from Bristol to Turin this morning with Crystal/Tui - easy check-in. Reviewed nhs covid pass/antigen test etc. at check in - no quibbles (even happy for us to have 2 pairs of skis in one bag - we had paid for 2 ski bags so could have split if they'd insisted). NHS covid pass working fine in resort and not asked for anything else at all since Bristol. In La Thuile now and looking forward to a good week I hope.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rinky75
Have you just stayed outside because of your 15 year old or have restaurants asked for super green pass?
Pleased to hear that you’ve had success. I wasn’t sure if the 15 year old needed a pass for the gondola?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bella2015 wrote:
@rinky75, how are the snow conditions? Where do you recommend to ski with kids? Our first ski day is tomorrow, first time in Cervinia ( I have an 11 year old and an almost 8 year old)

Conditions pretty good cervinia side. Sun means icy runs first thing are fine by 11 ish though red 7 back down late afternoon was no fun.

Would get the gondola up to plan Maison and nice blue 6 to ease legs or the next chairlift up for couple of reds.

Very quiet piste
snow report
Reallyrubbishskier wrote:
@rinky75
Have you just stayed outside because of your 15 year old or have restaurants asked for super green pass?
Pleased to hear that you’ve had success. I wasn’t sure if the 15 year old needed a pass for the gondola?

The weather has been so nice we sat outside on the piste both days. We adults went inside and ordered.

Two evenings we have eaten inside in town and nothing asked. All we have is NHS email proofing they had it which ticket office said would accept as proof of recovery.
ski holidays
@rinky75, thank you for the tips!
snow report
Hi All,

Im currently only single vaccinated and wanted some advice on how does recovered from COVID work when travelling from the UK to Italy, can the recovered from COVID pass be used to get into Italy and access to facilities like skiing, restaurants etc?

Thanks
snow report
In Cervinia they were asking to scan the NHS QR code on the vacc certificate, when buying a ski pass. Also in the restaurants. But nobody checks your ID, which makes the whole system totally worthless.
latest report
In La Thuile you have to scan you QR code to get on to the gondola. They're also making everyone wear masks in the gondola but are accepting neck gaiters with filters.
latest report
After having France and Austria cancelled I’m now clutching at straws and considering Italy, triple jabbed and have pcr tests arranged, have BA flights to Geneva that can be changed, looking at 27th Dec, any ideas where to start, fly to, resorts, car hire or train or transfer from those familiar with diy Italy, thank you.
ski holidays
Cervinia is very nice. Fly to Malpensa or Turin. For max virus safety, and cheapest and emptiest airline flights, fly on a weekday and get a taxi.

Rumours are that Italy will change its regs for Brits after xmas - currently here
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19
but it is only rumours, and Italy is not as rich as the others, plus they are quite clever about how they are doing it (e.g. lowering the cover on open chairlifts is banned). Also most people ski in groups and avoid getting into a closed type gondola with just one stranger in it (which I found very nice; you can ski all day without wearing a mask). Carry a mask for the cafes, carry a printout of your UK vacc certificate, and everything works nicely.

I suggest avoiding a certain taxi firm which appears as several websites e.g. TRANSFERVDA. Phone number ends with 3050. Long story (had to get another transport and lost the 320 euros).
latest report
@KathE,
KathE wrote:
In La Thuile you have to scan you QR code to get on to the gondola. They're also making everyone wear masks in the gondola but are accepting neck gaiters with filters.

are they preventing skiiers from skiing over from La Thuile to La Rosiere ?
ski holidays
Peter Stevens wrote:
Cervinia is very nice. Fly to Malpensa or Turin. For max virus safety, and cheapest and emptiest airline flights, fly on a weekday and get a taxi.

Rumours are that Italy will change its regs for Brits after xmas - currently here
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19
but it is only rumours, and Italy is not as rich as the others, plus they are quite clever about how they are doing it (e.g. lowering the cover on open chairlifts is banned). Also most people ski in groups and avoid getting into a closed type gondola with just one stranger in it (which I found very nice; you can ski all day without wearing a mask). Carry a mask for the cafes, carry a printout of your UK vacc certificate, and everything works nicely.

I suggest avoiding a certain taxi firm which appears as several websites e.g. TRANSFERVDA. Phone number ends with 3050. Long story (had to get another transport and lost the 320 euros).

Where have you heard this rumour please? And what have your heard?
snow conditions
No more than what I posted - from a contact in Italy. Personally I consider it unlikely, and I am planning to go mid Jan 2022.

Obviously, as everybody knows, this stuff is complicated, with most policymakers realising that omicron is not creating any actual havoc despite delivering vast statistics. Plus the EU is always pressing member countries to overlay schengen+eu status onto their arrival policies (another way of saying "screw the brits at every opportunity" but this forum has a special section for that where you would be unwise to venture without an AK47 Wink ).
snow conditions
Italy may be surprisingly busy this season...
Which is a shame as I'm (fingers crossed) going at the end of Jan.
snow report
Thanks for the reply, due out 2nd Jan so obviously getting twitchy.

Fingers and everything else crossed we can travel.
snow conditions
Cervinia was not busy at all last week. I have not done Dec there before but I'd say 1/3 to 1/2 of normal. Very nice.

The local sentiment was strongly that Brits are welcome and everybody needs the business. The whole place was shut last winter with just one ski shop open and surviving by catering for x/c skiers. There was a funny procedure for getting a heli lift (€600 for four-up) to Zermatt and skiing there (allowed by CH under the "border regions" concession even though CH was shut to foreigners) and then skiing back into Cervinia town from the top of the hill. The pistes were available to "elite athletes" which got stretched to people under training, so ski instructors were doing some business. Nobody wants this back.

Apres ski bars are closed.

I was surprised at non-busy it was considering French Austrian and Swiss locations are shut to Brits AFAIK.

Keep an eye on this also
https://italygreenpass.com/what-is-the-super-green-pass-for-holidays-in-italy/
Currently, the UK NHS QR code vacc cert (2x or 3x vacced) meets the SGP requirement; that was the bit which was rumoured to change. What could they do? Remove the LFT option and just accept PCR? Doable at say Gatwick for 60 quid while you wait.
You will notice that Italian anti vaccers are well screwed now.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 23-12-21 12:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@backhojo, no restrictions - able to ski over to La Rosiere no problem.
latest report
Thanks again Peter, quite happy to oblige with whatever testing requirements they need just as long as they do not stop the Brits.

With the new data coming out on less hospitalisations lets just hope the world can crack on...
latest report
If you read the SGP rules in detail you will see there is potential for e.g. being banned from restaurants other than ones inside hotels and closed to the outside public. That would mean you have to book such a hotel, or do self catering (which is pretty difficult to do for a week in a hotel room). But that affects mostly breakfast (which you can knock up in the hotel room) and dinner; lunch can be bought on the slope cafes where no pass scanning was being done. Supermarkets will always be open to anybody who can get into the country (even anti vaccers can get into those) and you can get food there.

Potentially, if they banned ski passes, you may need to get somebody else to buy the ski pass.
ski holidays
Peter Stevens wrote:

Potentially, if they banned ski passes, you may need to get somebody else to buy the ski pass.

That would work some of the time but they've been quite hot on scanning green passes getting onto the first gondola/lifts in La Thuile .....no checks once you up the mountain though.
snow report
KathE wrote:

so in theory you could fly to turin, ski in la thuile, ski down to La Rossiere, get a taxi to bourg, get the funicular to les arcs and ski using pass sanitaire. this is the backdoor entry to france then !
latest report
backhojo wrote:
KathE wrote:

so in theory you could fly to turin, ski in la thuile, ski down to La Rossiere, get a taxi to bourg, get the funicular to les arcs and ski using pass sanitaire. this is the backdoor entry to france then !

Or just drive through the border.
snow conditions
Chamsters wrote:

Friend of ours did just that - he does live in France but came to La Thuile to meet us for dinner - he drove back over border after with no checks.
ski holidays
Yes they scan the QR code on the vacc cert but that just gives them your name, DOB and NHS #.

There is no photo of the holder, so the vacc cert alone is worthless without ALSO checking your passport (or some other ID which only you would have).

Yet, everywhere I've been, where they scanned the vacc cert, they never asked for any ID, so the whole edifice is worthless because the vacc cert could belong to anybody who looks plausibly of the same sex and age. So anybody can buy a ski pass for you.
latest report
KathE wrote:
Chamsters wrote:

Friend of ours did just that - he does live in France but came to La Thuile to meet us for dinner - he drove back over border after with no checks.

I cannot confirm nor deny having done the same, UK to Italy to France for a few days of skiing
ski holidays
Any rumbles of changes to entry next week from the Italian press etc? I don’t know whether to attempt another booking?
ski holidays
Peter Stevens wrote:
Yes they scan the QR code on the vacc cert but that just gives them your name, DOB and NHS #.

There is no photo of the holder, so the vacc cert alone is worthless without ALSO checking your passport (or some other ID which only you would have).

Yet, everywhere I've been, where they scanned the vacc cert, they never asked for any ID, so the whole edifice is worthless because the vacc cert could belong to anybody who looks plausibly of the same sex and age. So anybody can buy a ski pass for you.

Yes - very true Smile
snow report
Currently in Monterosa. It’s very quiet. Have been asked for vaccination QR code/green pass when going to eat inside restaurants in town; less consistently on the mountain and not at all on lifts. They are policing masks on gondolas/cable cars with sporadic checks both by lift staff and by police, and seem to only want to see the disposable kind - snoods not ok. Oh, and no one has asked for photo ID so far.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy