Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Returning to the UK - Which Test?

Poster: A snowHead
Returning to the UK from France/Switzerland.

Can anyone confirm which company you used to get back? Or which you plan to use?

It says PCR and Antigen are suitable but has anyone used C19 or similar to get back??

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this has been discussed at length on other threads. have a look on this one
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157335&start=320
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That’s the topic I started and am maintaining but not a lot of real world examples of returning home.

Most posts are about entering Europe.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bezthespaniard wrote:
That’s the topic I started and am maintaining but not a lot of real world examples of returning home.

As it's such a new rule I don't think many people will have had the time to pre-purchase a kit from the likes of Randox or C19 and actually use it for their return back to the UK. I used a C19 kit to enter France last Friday and it's what I intend to use when I travel back to the UK at the end of the month (I pre-purchased it and have it with me), but right now I can't give a definitive answer that it works even though I fully expect it to meet the requirements (as they currently stand).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks mate
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
bezthespaniard wrote:

As it's such a new rule I don't think many people will have had the time to pre-purchase a kit from the likes of Randox or C19 and actually use it for their return back to the UK. I used a C19 kit to enter France last Friday and it's what I intend to use when I travel back to the UK at the end of the month (I pre-purchased it and have it with me), but right now I can't give a definitive answer that it works even though I fully expect it to meet the requirements (as they currently stand).

Would be worth a test to see if you can scan the C19 QR code into the TAC app!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rob@rar,

With the C19 kit do you activate it at the same time as you send the photo to them or do you have to activate well in advance of sending the photo?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bezthespaniard wrote:
Would be worth a test to see if you can scan the C19 QR code into the TAC app!!
I tried, it doesn't work. The QR code from C19 just takes you to their own website giving confirmation of the result.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
welshflyer wrote:
@rob@rar,

With the C19 kit do you activate it at the same time as you send the photo to them or do you have to activate well in advance of sending the photo?
I did the test then took a photo of it after 15 minutes, and immediately sent it to C19. The guidance says that the photo needs to be taken 15-30 minutes after your conduct the test. I guess you could undertake the test and take the photo several days before you submit the photo to C19's website, but I have no idea if they check the photo's metadata to see when it was taken.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The test for entry to UK needs to be "taken in the 2 days before you travel to England" so presumably you could take the test (and send the photograph) any time during that period.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bezthespaniard, maybe ask in the Tignes bash thread -- https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=155471&start=2480

Lots of Snowheads returning to the UK should be able to supply an answer...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Amazon now sell day 2 tests.
Admin should be pushing the link for the comissions
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I use Prenetic Fit to Fly and it was perfect yesterday.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@thierryd,

Was it a PCR Test or Antigen Test. How long did they take to send you the result of the test.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
welshflyer wrote:
@thierryd,

Was it a PCR Test or Antigen Test. How long did they take to send you the result of the test.

Antigen... Litterally, the result was sent in 5mn
latest report
For an antigen test, they're not sending you a result, are they? Just acknowledging your photo. PCRs will obviously take longer.
latest report
Anyone about to return to the UK from Morzine, with a transit through Geneva, with experience of pre-return tests that will keep the Swiss happy? Presumably, PCR tests are the only option in this scenario. Any recommendations/advice?
ski holidays
Winterrainbow wrote:
Anyone about to return to the UK from Morzine, with a transit through Geneva, with experience of pre-return tests that will keep the Swiss happy? Presumably, PCR tests are the only option in this scenario. Any recommendations/advice?

There's been a lot of discussion about this on here. My reading of the Swiss entry regs is that you're exempt from the testing requirements if traveling from "border regions":

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

Lots of Snowheads returned from the PSB in Tignes on Saturday via Geneva with only the negative antigen result required for entry to the UK.
snow conditions
Getting it done locally In Andorra

Any Be Nice please! up, it’s on them
latest report
I'll be staying in Val d'isere and flying back from Geneva. As I understand it, the Swiss don't require any sort of fit to fly test as we're staying in the Rhone Alpes region.

What I don't understand is whether the UK authorities required a pcr or antigen test as a fit to fly before my return? I did see it mentioned in the news today that the government is changing its stance on international travel due to omicron now being rife in the UK. Puzzled
latest report
tomb wrote:
What I don't understand is whether the UK authorities required a pcr or antigen test as a fit to fly before my return? I did see it mentioned in the news today that the government is changing its stance on international travel due to omicron now being rife in the UK. Puzzled
At the moment the UK requires a negative antigen (lateral flow) test. It does not require a PCR test, although that is also acceptable.

The government has today reduced the restrictions on international travel. If it makes further changes I think they will also be to reduce the restrictions, as Omicron will soon be everywhere and it makes no sense to maintain all travel restrictions.
ski holidays
Great, thanks Eh oh! . Currently it looks like an antigen test will be ok going via Geneva. Best keep an eye on the goal post’s though…
ski holidays
@tomb,

For the UK Authorities:-

1) Less than 48hrs before arriving back in the UK you need a -ve result from an Antigen Test (Lateral Flow).

2) Within 2 days of arriving back in the UK you have to take a PCR Test (Day 2 PCR Test). Until you get the all clear from this test you stay in self isolation. You need to organise this test before you get back to the UK because when you order this test you receive a "test reference" which has to be entered on the UK Passenger Locator Form 2 days before you return to the UK.

This was the situation yesterday, I don't know if the UK are changing this.
ski holidays
@rob@rar,

How has the UK reduced the restrictions on international travel today?
ski holidays
No red list countries any more
latest report
welshflyer wrote:
@rob@rar,

How has the UK reduced the restrictions on international travel today?

Removing all countries from the 'red list' from Thursday.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy