Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airbnb in Singapore - illegal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Hoping to gather some collective wisdom if I may?

I’m hoping and planning to visit Singapore in late January for a couple of weeks.

I’ve been looking at some listings on the Airbnb website and are making some enquiries when I have been shown an article by a “helpful brother” that suggested renting an apartment or room for less than 3 months is illegal in Singapore.

Does anyone have any personal experiences or advice about short term rentals eg for 2 weeks in Singapore?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Snowblades, there's plenty of large, respected, commercial serviced apartment providers who rent on a daily or weekly basis. I've no idea of the legality of airbnb, but that's entirely separate from whether you can rent an apartment by the day/week/month.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowdave, thanks for your advice. Could you provide a link please?

I have been shown the following link that suggests that any private rentals under 3 months is illegal in Singapore:

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-articles/is-airbnb-illegal-singapore
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don’t know about airbnb but my parents would stay in Singapore for a few weeks at a time and they would get good rates from a very central, but not 5 star, hotel.

Although this was sometime ago now m, I could find out the hotel and how they did it?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster, thanks so much. A link to the hotel would be much appreciated.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can ask my resident Singaporean contact for advice, but I know the first question they'd ask back is "Why do you want to stay in Singapore for 2 weeks?" One, yes, but most move on after a few days or so to KL or Borneo or similar for part of their trip, meaning continuous accomodation in SIN for 2 weeks isn't necessary.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They stayed in a few of which these are two, both are very central but not top $ (for Singapore anyway).

https://www.rendezvoushotels.com.sg/en/hotels/orchard-rendezvous-hotel

https://www.relcih.com.sg/

If I were you and you were booking for a few weeks I’d ring direct and haggle.

If you wanted to splurge (even for a few days) I would persist recommend the Shangri-La , not the biggest/fanciest or most modern but an older classic, still 5* and great for service.

Let me know if you need any further info or suggestions. My brother lives there now and might have better suggestions or more up to date info.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Snowblades, I used to go to Singapore a lot. In town the hotels are expensive. However I always stayed in Katong. The village hotel and Indigo hotel. There is also others. It is on a good bus route to town and about £10 in a taxi.

Loads of nice places to eat around there as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Richard_Sideways, thanks for your tip! I did consider the neighbouring countries eg Malaysia but heard that their borders are opened to residents but closed to tourists.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Snowblades,Loads of nice places to eat around there as well.

Plenty of these pretty much everywhere in Singapore, and cheap if you know where to look even near to the main tourist strips.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Snowblades, that article is all about private landlords renting their properties (particularly HDB - i.e. government controlled housing). That's like saying it's illegal in the UK to turn your house into a hotel - it doesn't mean hotels are illegal.

A quick Google of "singapore serviced apartments" serves up hundreds of options, run by large companies.

e.g. the Parkroyal by Panpacific (I've stayed in some sister properties to this).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ster wrote:
They stayed in a few of which these are two, both are very central but not top $ (for Singapore anyway).

https://www.rendezvoushotels.com.sg/en/hotels/orchard-rendezvous-hotel

https://www.relcih.com.sg/

If I were you and you were booking for a few weeks I’d ring direct and haggle.

If you wanted to splurge (even for a few days) I would persist recommend the Shangri-La , not the biggest/fanciest or most modern but an older classic, still 5* and great for service.

Let me know if you need any further info or suggestions. My brother lives there now and might have better suggestions or more up to date info.

@ster, Thanks so much for the links. I’ll definitely check them out.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Snowblades, I used to go to Singapore a lot. In town the hotels are expensive. However I always stayed in Katong. The village hotel and Indigo hotel. There is also others. It is on a good bus route to town and about £10 in a taxi.

Loads of nice places to eat around there as well.

@GlasgowCyclops, thanks for your advice. I’ll look up hotels in Katong village as well.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Snowblades, As @ster, says there are tons of great places to eat in Singapore in all budgets.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@GlasgowCyclops, mmmm Hawker Chan's Soya Sauce chicken and pork.... fresh Bak Kwa....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy