Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monterosa 2021/22

Poster: A snowHead
A bit grubby weather but snow pretty good (not as much as Chamoneeks).

Masks in evidence in bars, not so much on slopes.

Awesomely great smoked trout and blue cheesecake at l’Essential last night. (Trout smoked by Andrea himself).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any updates on snow conditions from the Monterosa?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bumping this thread up again -- any 1st hand reports from Monterosa lately? Seeing 10-20cm of new snow this week at higher altitudes but any insights would be welcome
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forecast is not looking great with high temps next week. I can't see much in the way of precipitation in the long range forecasts either.

Disappointing as we fly out next Friday (11th), and picked Monterosa partially based on reputation for off-piste. Will be very glad to be skiing at all frankly, so trying to keep positive!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I saw the temps shooting up next week -- not good! GFS model is showing very little action. I am there Feb 19th for a week so hopefully get a top up to freshen things up, but like you, I will take any skiing. Appreciate any updates from your ski week
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@shouchin, Will definitely post here while I am there.

Especially disappointed as where we usually go in Switzerland is showing a reasonable fall on Sunday and maybe a top up next Thurs/Fri!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @zikomo - much appreciated
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zikomo wrote:
Forecast is not looking great with high temps next week. I can't see much in the way of precipitation in the long range forecasts either.

Disappointing as we fly out next Friday (11th), and picked Monterosa partially based on reputation for off-piste. Will be very glad to be skiing at all frankly, so trying to keep positive!

High temperatures aren't as much of an issue as wind. If it's windy, the high terrain closes and becomes very scoured. There's enough altitude not to worry too much about temperature, IMV (unless it's 20 deg.C!).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
...and yes, the off piste terrain is superb.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@zikomo, how's the skiing so far? seeing a nice 10-15cm top up coming in tomorrow night -- should freshen things up for the rest of the week.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skied Saturday and today. Not much evidence of new snow, off piste is a write off. Pistes are in very good condition though, with quite a bit of artificial snow. Me and my 3 sons pretty much covered it today, skiing all 3 valleys and had a lot of fun. Glad I chose to bring the piste skis!

Will be compiling a list of best places for ladies to answer a call of nature. Some of the toilets are “rustic”! Mrs Zikomo and female cost centre arrive tomorrow, and it’s important to them both!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@zikomo, thanks for the quick update and look forward any final recommendations at the end of the week- enjoy !!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@zikomo, Looking forward to hear about the snowfall this afternoon.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@zikomo, thanks for the update
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can you park cars at Frachey? Strikes me from remembering my last trip that parking there and catching the funicular would be a good way up that avoids the narrow pinch point at Sarezza and big queues down at the two way chair below?

Secondary question is can you get a bus late afternoon back up from Champoluc to Frachey to get the car?
snow conditions
@MHskier, you can park, no idea about buses. It's efficient, we often do that if we are tight on time and want to get to Alagna and back in a limited window. Or when it's very busy.
snow report
Just back from Monterosa ski week - confirming @zikomo, said -- on piste is in good condition despite any significant new snow. No off piste action from what I witnessed. We had a ~5cm top up mid-week which did help a little but the high winds didnt help. Comparing the longer red runs - Dell Colle (C14) snow was best and Frachy/Champoluc was faring a bit better overall. Salati (G7) and Betta (B1) were in good shape but more artificial snow. Spent 1/2 day in Jolanda as the high winds closed the upper slopes - in good shape and sheltered us from the winds. Outside of Sunday, we had most of the pistes to ourselves and great practice & progress for our intermediate ski levels.
latest report
Heading back to Chamonix today after a surprisingly good few days. Pistes holding pretty well - very soft by luncheon tho’.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy