Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to Fernie for 5 weeks - people's favourite runs/areas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Fernie for 5 weeks. Doing the four week Master the Mountain camp with a one week improver camp directly beforehand, through Nonstop Snow. Have done a two week camp with them two seasons ago, which was great.

This four week camp is essentially spending a couple of weeks improving general riding, with focus on off-piste on powder days, then a week doing avalanche course as well as splitboard training in the Fernie sidecountry just out of bounds, followed by 4 days in the final week in a heli-accessed hut in the middle of nowhere in BC splitboarding all day. Four days every week of full day instruction.

Three days each week have no instruction, and so we can do what we want. What are people's favourite runs/areas to ski/snowboard in Fernie? In particular would like to do as many tree runs as possible. Obviously I'll be exposed to the resort by being with instructors and others there, but keen to get some info before going out too.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're on the same mtm camp I'll see you there! Never been to Fernie (or NAmerica to ski) before.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
27th?

I'll be one of the few snowboarders!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, I'm going out 26th. Not a SN. I reckon your desire for tree runs should be good, as the altitude is low, but ?? who knows.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’m heading out on the 18th so see you there!

Hoping for some good snow. The alps are currently being pounded with multiple meters of snow over the past and upcoming weeks and Fernie has had relatively little. Fingers crossed!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not a huge resort. I imagine by the end of a week, especially if you are proactive and ask your instructor for some suggestions, you will have a very good lay of the land and the best spots. The frustrating thing about fernie is you tend to have to take numerous chairs back up as very little of the best stuff is capable off a single lift.

Anyway some good trees to get you started: window chutes, boot and anaconda glades (next to each other), big bang.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=846313
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mountain Surfer, 5 weeks in Fernie if you get lucky with the snow = good times!! I've been 4 times and definitely plan on going again sometime in the future.

Siberia Ridge off the top of Timber Bowl Express was a good warm up run first thing to get the legs going. On a board, anything out of Siberia Bowl involves a long slow glide back to the Chair, but Siberia Ridge you can carry good speed onto this, so not as much of an issue. In Currie Bowl you have Anaconda Glades, Bootleg Glades on skiers right of the Bowl, and if You traverse across to skiers left of Currie Bowl then Concussion, Tom's Run, Cornice Chute, Barracuda are all worth hitting. You can get to here also by taking the Polar Peak Chair, if it's open. From around the top of Concussion/Tom's Run you can also drop over into Lizard Bowl via some quite tight Chutes, Corner Pocket, Saddles and High Saddles.

Stag Leap/ Skydive/ Decline are all staring you in the face as you look up from the road up to Fernie Alpine Resort. These are usually good bump runs for the Skiers, but if you get lucky with a large dump of snow, I definitely recommend hitting one or all of them if you can. In Cedar Bowl, Snake Main, Gorbie Bowl and King Fir/ Cedar Ridge were always fun.

If You get days where it's dumping snow and the top lifts are maybe off/ visibility really low, If Boomerang Chair and the Haul Back T-Bar are open, my Brother and I used to just lap them for hours. Enjoy.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Enjoy

Get yourself to Castle Mountain

It’s a real treat
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anaconda glades to Bootleg for starters. Honestly better on a board than skis cos you can get into tighter lines in the trees.

But as everyone sez it's not the hugest place - with guided assistance you can find all your own fave lines in a week.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy