Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski mitts too small

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I’ve just bought a pair of black diamond leather mitts.

They are a little tight on the cuff. Do you think I can stretch them using water or any other method that I’ve read online?

I cannot really be fussed to send them back plus They do not have a larger size.

Not sure if using the water method will effect the water proofing at all?

Has anyone stretched there gloves basically Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Grantley1988, Have stretched a pair of 2117 leather spring gloves, got them very wet with warm water and then stretched them by wearing them while they dried, it was summer so not that grim, but had to do it twice, but it did work, had to be careful with the seams not to break them, so gentle stretch. Not sure how you would stretch cuffs however as mine were basically too tight over the knuckles and also they are not really waterproof i.e no goretex etc
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Grantley1988,

I had all leather Black Diamond gloves, and did this:

Coat them in wax. Put them in a very low temp oven for circa 10 mins. Put liners on hands, put gloves on.
Whilst wearing, kill two birds by rubbing to ensure wax is fully absorbed.

Worked for me.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would not try that myself: IMHO mitts need to be big, not small. I'd hate them every time I used them.

I'm not familiar with those mitts , but if they've taped seams "stretching" would be a bad idea. If they're
leather, then as pointed out you need to "soap" them with something anyway (they will have some stuff
on them to start with, but it needs to be refreshed now and then).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is the cuff 'elasticated'? -- if so, you could try snipping the elastic (would need to unpick lining - on new gloves though ?)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy