Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Transfer from GVA in the evening

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Anyone knows of transfer options between Geneva and Chamonix in the evening - past 8pm on a Monday? I see there's Leman Express to Annemasse/La Roche and then a bus but we're looking at a nearly 3.30hrs trip...

Are there taxis that take people? Is Uber possible?

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@patrick!, I don't know which ones have survived the carnage but pre-covid lots of companies did private direct transfers. We worked for Chamonixfirst until covid closed us down. Their website is live so give them a call - Phil and Sarah who run it are lovely helpful people.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blablabus or SwissTours for scheduled coach services
Mountaindropoffs, Chamexpress, alpybus, and others I can't remember for shared transfers (minibuses)

Might be a lighter service at the minute, but if you're not arriving too late in the evening, you should have a few options.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A (very few) clicks yields all sorts of information on getting to Chamonix, including taxi options

https://en.chamonix.com/usual-information-services/transports/taxis
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow, thank you all. I was on Rome2Rio and SNCF but you've given me a few more options that look better, I'm checking them out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@patrick!, Mountain Dropoffs starting “regular” “service” soon also Chamonix Valley Transfers and I have to presume Haute Pursuit
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@patrick!, I haven't seen if a new timetable has been issued yet, but in Winter 2019-20 the last daily BlaBlaBus left Geneva Airport at 2330. Should fit most evening flight arrivals.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Update to previous post - I have just found this year's timetable. BlaBlaBus seems to have changed name yet again (it was previously OuiBus) and is now FlixBus. The timetable can be downloaded from this web page: http://www.sat-montblanc.com/horaire-timetables/ligne-internationale-geneve-chamonix.aspx

The 2330 bus now only operates Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Last bus on a Monday is 2035.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers - they only start next Thursday though but it should be good for the return leg.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@patrick!, oh yes, the timetable starts with the usual lift opening date (certainly in St Gervais, not sure about Chamonix). Previously they operated a reduced service in the autumn and spring seasons, but I haven't used them since Covid.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@j b, Your killing me, I have flights booked for Thursday - Monday next week for a cheeky weekend away on my own but I decided with the new testing requirements that the cost was to much, now you throw a cheap transfer option into the mix.........

It's a good service to have available, not going to use it this time as im not going to go, dont want to put any risk on family boxing day flights but I will be keeping that in mind for future trips.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonny996, it's a decent service. You end up transferring into the normal local bus (the 84, which goes from Sallanches to Les Contamines) which means you can use it from any stop through town. For us it is the one on the roundabout by the new bridge, but you could use the one near the Post Office.

The alternative, which would be similarly attractive if it was just you, is the Alpybus shared transfer. They have a single drop-off in St Gervais on their route to Megeve. I found this winter's timetable here: https://www.alpybus.com/megeve

Again they seem to be doing fewer transfers away from weekends than they used to. (I think they only ever run for the ski season, while the Flixbus, as I must learn to call it now, used to run 2 or 3 a day even in low season and more in summer).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy