Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Resort Testing

Poster: A snowHead
French Resort testing for 12-15 year olds with only one covid jab every, they have to test every 24 hours to obtain access to the lifts etc. I sent an email to the resort where we were meant to be staying asking about testing facilities, of which the honest answer was, there are none other than existing pharmacie which in their words were “and we don’t think this will be easy”I really did appreciate their honest answer but based on that I don’t think we will be going, hope this helps others.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which resort?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a whole thread here discussing taking teenagers skiing this winter, including the issues with testing:
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156480
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We decided to go ahead.
Tried to book appointments on Doctolib but it only lets me book one, if you book another it removes the one you had.
I’ve emailed Les dues Alpes tourist and their reply back today is

You have to contact doctors or nurses.
It’s difficult to have appointment to be tested.

Now I’m reconsidering again Eh oh!

Has anyone got any first hand experience of daily testing yet? Thanks
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saint Gervais
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hi @Rednat5, did you manage to get the Doctolib app/website working properly?

i tried to set it up today, but i could not receive a verification code via my mobile, or it would not accept my post code (no matter what format i tried entering it in??)

i wanted to prebook my 15yo tests for les menuires in feb, though they were all strange times something like 8am till 9am, then 18:30 until 20:00 pm, its like the persons administering the tests are out skiing all day Toofy Grin

they are 44 euros each, and it does say that you can cancel up to 4 hours before hand, but does not specify that you get a full refund. just in case she is 2nd jabbed and has access to a QR code and pass sanitaire by then, I am just assuming that this is the case due to the time limit stated.

I am going out to les menuires on my own next week, so i will go into the pharmacy myself and see if i can prebook all the required tests for her in person.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@terrygasson, €44 !! They were €25.01 in Chx in Oct/Nov and the price was so 'to the penny' I had assumed it was centrally mandated.

We have managed to make Doctolib work but the bookings we made were not for tests, not tried that.

From memory set up was not super intuitive (but no French web is) and we had the head of IT for a Swiss pharma company doing it for us. We couldn't use the same mobile number for my daughter as I had used for me as the 'account holder' so used a Swiss one because at the time we assumed the issue was a UK number but later clicked on the fact it was just duplication. We used a French address, so maybe try your real postcode as just an address line and use 00000 or 12345 in the post code box (most euro post codes are just numbers)?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 11-12-21 18:35; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@terrygasson, has your 15yr old had C19? I am going to try and get my 15yr old's positive PCR from Oct (NHS record) certified to a recovery QR by the pharmacy in Chx, and will report back if it works.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@midgetbiker, yes she had covid at the start of September, jabbed beginning of November. i did speak to the surgery receptionist the other week about getting a letter of confirmation regarding this, she thought it was possible and I said I would get back to them soon to sort it out.

would be great to hear if you can get your teens status approved.

with regards to the cost, I am sure that I have read elsewhere on the site, that the price was around 44euros in other resorts, so possibly the French companies trying to cash in whilst they can just like their British counterparts!!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes I’ve got Doctolib sorted yesterday. Booked one appointment for 28dec but won’t let me book any more, just days do you want to replace your currency booking. If you say yes that disappears. If you say no you stay with the first booking and won’t add any!
So I can only book the first day !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Rednat5, that's odd as I managed to book appointments for every day on the Doctorlib app... different pharmacy mind, so perhaps a different routine. Also complicated by the lack of an English language option. Make use of google translate (copy paste) to ensure you are setting up a new appointment rather than selecting to amend the existing one?
Also we haven't had to pay at time of booking - though worryingly we don't know what the price will be Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Shaggy39, the pharmacy in St Gervais near the Tourist Office was doing tests in the summer - but by appointment only and couldn't give us a convenient slot for the day we wanted (at that point, for return trip). Since we had the car we drove round to Megeve where there seem to be more pharmacies, at any rate more slots at the first one we asked in.

(Sorry, that isn't particularly helpful to you).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@terrygasson, We don't have anything from the surgery to say my daughter was infected/recovered, I will be trying with the UK Gov PCR result email and test, plus her NHS results record showing the positive. My wife has the NHS app, and my daughter is a dependant on that, so we can view her test results there (all results, not just Covid). We'll see. If she can't ski for a week until her 2nd jab becomes qualifying then she'll just have to revise for her GCSE mocks, which are straight after the hols. I'll get the wife to tell her mind!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Morzine has got a good system going - book online or drop in. 1500 daily test capacity that can be doubled and moved to Palais du Sport in 2hrs apparently. 25€. Chatel has set up a testing centre. Les Gets, St Jean and Avoriaz all communicated their testing structures. Job well done for PdS.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@midgetbiker,
Quote:

If she can't ski for a week until her 2nd jab becomes qualifying then she'll just have to revise for her GCSE mocks, which are straight after the hols. I'll get the wife to tell her mind!!!!!!!!!!

unfortunately as i am divorced, it would be down to me to let my 15yo know she would not be able to go skiing Sad Sad

if i could book them now (having trouble with the app/website) i would, will be easier in the long term to whack the tests on to a credit card, than several years of my daughter not talking to me Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
"There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Mastercard."

@Nadenoodlee, how can it be 25euros in PDS, but 44euros in the 3V Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
just goes to show there are money grabbing Ba!!!!ds all over the place
snow report
terrygasson wrote:

@Nadenoodlee, how can it be 25euros in PDS, but 44euros in the 3V Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
just goes to show there are money grabbing Ba!!!!ds all over the place

It seems to be 22euros for an antigen in 3V:

https://ski-resort.meribel.net/covid-19-information/
snow conditions
@sugarmoma666, it is 44euros in les menuires, according to the website i am being directed to, am hoping i am reading it wrong. i am there myself from Saturday, so will ask in person and try and book at the same time.
latest report
terrygasson wrote:
@sugarmoma666, it is 44euros in les menuires, according to the website i am being directed to, am hoping i am reading it wrong. i am there myself from Saturday, so will ask in person and try and book at the same time.

44euros is PCR. It looks like slots are selling out fast in some resorts, so I'd book sooner rather than later if you need testing to allow teenagers to be able to ski.
latest report
@sugarmoma666, i have managed to book slots for my daughter now, all for 18:30 everyday, just means she will not be able to access any shops etc for the saturday on arrival until after her first test?

i mentioned it earlier that the times were either 8:30am till 9am, then 18:30 until 19:35 Puzzled

then the pharmacy seems to be closed for all of the new year week, and re-opening jan 8th!!!!!

was not charged anything at the moment, and to be fair there was not a price quoted that i could see anywhere on this site!!!
ski holidays
Just interested to know where you have seen Les Gets testing structure? We're staying in Les Gets, but so far have booked our teens in for the first days tests in Morzine using the Doctolib app. Would prefer not to have to drive down there every day if we can book the Les Gets pharmacy instead.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Morzine has got a good system going - book online or drop in. 1500 daily test capacity that can be doubled and moved to Palais du Sport in 2hrs apparently. 25€. Chatel has set up a testing centre. Les Gets, St Jean and Avoriaz all communicated their testing structures. Job well done for PdS.
latest report
@RCM, we had our tests to return to UK done at the pharmacy in Les Gets back in July so certainly doing them then.
latest report
Posted elsewhere but maybe this is more appropriate: So we’re trying to go to La Plagne and are booked for the 2nd January . Two 12 -15 year olds. We were supposed to drive down over a couple of days and enjoy the trip but the new 24 hour testing rule has scuppered that.
Anyone know how long the passes last after a test? I know you need one every 24 hours but say I get a test at 11am on the 31st will the pass just stop working at 11.01am on the 1st?
ski holidays
@RCM, its in the Pharmacie - check out the Morzine Source post for all details and timings etc.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy