Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fit to fly certificate from Randox App and France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody know whether British Airways are accepting randox LFT fit--to-fly tests for boarding their flights from UK to France?
(I mean actually accepting them in practice, as opposed to the logic that they ought to be accepting them despite the unhelpful wording in the UK govt's page about travel to France.)

2nd question, does anybody know if BA are accepting certificates from Lloyd's pharmacy branches in uk? These are £29.99 LFTs and professionally administered.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All I can say is both are on the official suppliers list at gov.uk

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1039894/covid-private-testing-providers-general-testing-101221-1.csv/preview
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Used Randox. Ordered last Sunday, delivered to NW Scotland Wednesday - a day late but to be expected as I am “Highlands and Islands”. Took and submitted test 9.00pm Thursday night, certificate back in 5 minutes. EasyJet at Gatwick gave it at best a cursory glance on Friday, certainly didn’t check. Not been asked for it in France (came direct not via GVA).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went through Eurotunnel the other day with the Randox Fit to Fly LTF test. It does say on the certificate that the nasal swab was self-administered. We quizzed the Eurotunnel staff and they were adamant that they were only blocking NHS tests. French customs also had a good look and were happy.

It is pretty clear that any variation in policy is down to the carrier. Eurotunnel, at least, accept Randox.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ordered a trial run Chronomics test which came via DPD and have just done. Certificate came back instantly and nowhere on it does it say self administered. Going to order some more and use them for our flights in a week with Crystal. Hopefully Crystal will have fixed/updated their stance on self testing anyway soon.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Adam9 wrote:
Timc wrote:
@Hel1234, We have used C19testing on a few occasions to enter France without any problem.

If you download the example certificate from their website you will see that there is no mention of self administered. https://www.c19testing.co.uk/static/C19%20Testing%20-%20Rapid%20Antigen%20Test%20Certificate%20-%20Example-4192cb348368f4909543c6e2645d9702.pdf

I think everyone except TUI is in agreement about this....

The TUI Testing hub page links you through to Chronmics,
whose fit to fly and return to uk tests are all self administered but certified as far.as I can see

https://www.chronomics.com/tuiflighthotel?affiliate=tui-partner
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@flicky, good spot..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Am I reading it right that Chronmics is charging £50 delivery on their tests?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Crystal have finally updated their wording:

Quote:

If your flight is to and from an airport in France you'll need to book and pay for an antigen (lateral flow) or PCR test, to be taken in the 48 hours before your flight departure time. This test can be selfadministered or administered by a medical professional.

In their pdf, here:

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/travel-with-confidence/entry-requirements/
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's good - wasn't looking forward to an argument at check in for our 6am flight on Sunday!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Glad Crystal have changed there wording. One less thing to worry about!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just come through TUI , asked the girl at the desk and they are/never were checking for self administered tests. They accepted anything.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Apologies if already answered somewhere in the forum, I have tried searching...

I have ordered a lateral flow pre-departure test & travel certificate from C19 Testing in anticipation of the French announcement tomorrow. I will repurpose as a day 2 if the requirement to enter France is a PCR.

I wonder, for the purposes of flying to Geneva and then transiting into France, when filling out the passenger locator/entry form for Switzerland, do I need a reference for the test to input on the form?

C19 message popped up when purchasing stating; "You cannot use this test as a "day 2" arrival test and it does not come with a PLF booking reference."

I am not purchasing this test with the intention of using it as a day 2, unless I need to re-purpose in the scenario detailed above, but do I need a reference to input on the PLF to enter Switzerland?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy