Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WWYD? (Involves travel with a 12-15yr old!)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are booked to go away just after Christmas. Originally to Morzine with some other families, all of whom have bailed due to the testing requirements for teens and for everyone to get home.

We’re still keen to go and have the chance to swap to Verbier (flights booked to Geneva). I just can’t decide what to do for best! We really like Morzine and it’s snowed a lot already but I don’t relish the thought of my daughter having to test every day - and the risk of her abd is having to isolate. In Switzerland under 16s don’t have to. I know there’s a risk we could catch it and test positive too but we’re both triple vaxxed and willing to deal with it if we do.

Can’t decide what to do so I thought I’d ask here for opinions as you’re all obsessed as I am Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Out of genuine interest, what would your plan be if one of you tests positive? Are you both able to work from home from fr/ch accommodation for ten days, and then cross fingers that you don't get a second infection in that period?

Do you actually need to quarantine for ten days or do they have an equivalent of test to release?

Presumably missing the school restart is just chalked up to unauthorised absence and hope you dont get the 130 pound fine?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it is any help you can book LFTs at both the Morzine pharmacies on doctolib.fr or doctolib app. I have booked a weeks worth of tests at 6pm for my 12yr old in Feb in case we do decide to go then. Did the original set up on the website on Chrome so that the autotranslate was on! Everything so up in the air at the moment, moving to Verbier may be ok as current rules stand, but things could all change in next few weeks. How late can you leave it before you have to make a decision? If I could I'd be holding off making a decision till last moment possible.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd probably switch to Verbs to avoid the testing hassle factor.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Switching to Switzerland stacks the weighting a bit more on the positive side, so to speak, because you're only talking about one test after arrival - satisfying the 4-7 day Swiss requirement and UK return requirement. Verbier has a lot of pharmacies that can do testing (see the Swiss Quarantine for UK travellers thread).

This still leaves the problem of a potential positive return test, of course. What might help is if you can contact your tour operator or rental agency and find out exactly what they are offering re helping clients who are required to quarantine.

If the answer is effectively 'you're on your own' then that's a big negative, to my mind. But hopefully, they will try to help extend your stay if it's feasible, or find somewhere else on their books. You also want to know what the arrangements will be for catering if you're in a hotel, or getting groceries if you're confined to an apartment. If the answer is more positive, then that'd be reassuring that having to extend wouldn't be a major crisis.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone! I have booked the appointments for testing in Morzine via doctolib - just would be great not to do it.

Obviously getting covid and isolating would be a nightmare, it's a gamble I guess. We are able to work remotely and the kids have a few days grace before they start school, but we're taking a risk - which is why I want to minimise it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have you seen how fast our infection rates in CH are growing? 24,000 at the weekend and it was 14,000 the week before and several cantons have ICUs at max capacitY. The vax rate is low in comparison to France. Also swiss govt never ruled out covid cert for lifts - they still could use it.You would all need to do entry, day 4 and day 7 PCRs in CH.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy