Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What can you tell me about Avoriaz?

Poster: A snowHead
Fingers Eh oh! were skiing there this month!
Family with teens who tend to eat out.
The pharmacie will know us very well by the time we leave due to daily testing but any other tips and/or restaurant recommendations?
Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Reallyrubbishskier, Avoriaz is not really known for its restaurants ... very nice kebab wrap in Changabang tho!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ugly village but great ski in ski out resort.

I have only done an all inclusive stay at the Club Med (once, never again). I now stay in Morzine & get the bubble over.

I don’t think there’s many restaurants in town (apart from a few fast food, snack places) but there are some great bars on the run down to the lifts and there’s a great La Folie Douce.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice take away pizzas in the bakery called le fournil de cannelle, and loads of amazing cakes.

A mention for changabang already and I'll second that for their burgers, no idea what time they open have only had lunch there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Le Grand Cafe by the Amara Apartments has always been really nice when we've been there. Pricey, but we're normally there when it's a family birthday so it has worked well for that.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I really like it! Chez Flo - very cosy and Trappeurs good too. Changabang is a good lunch stop. Some swanky new hotels gone up with restaurants so probably worth checking out. Theres a great restaurant on the run down to Prodains that does dinner & sledging and cable car back up.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Reallyrubbishskier, Great piste skiing, ugly village.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Architecture not to everyone's taste, there are worse places....but I'd never describe it as ugly as it's mostly covered in snow

Earlier this morning from the webcam.

Refuge l’ Abricotine – bottom of Les Brochaux chair is a great spot for lunch if over that side.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@polo, I’m with you. i don't think its ugly at all. I think the architecture is pretty cool and the history of the place too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@polo, @Nadenoodlee, I agree. And it blends into the cliffs below, sort of.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think it’s cool too. Depending on your kids standard (the connecting blue can be tricky) I’d recommend getting into the linderets valley then up to the Swiss border. The runs from there back to linderets are good.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Reallyrubbishskier, as you can tell, its appearance definitely splits opinions - but I'm guessing you've seen videos so probably know which camp you're in. Personally I think it looks pretty cool, and blends into the the mountain and cliff edge really well.

Great resort for families given the pedestrianised nature, with horse and carts trundling around and most apartments being ski-in ski-out. Some nice family restaurants along the main strip, but once you've identified what takes your fancy then it's worth booking. Plenty of good places for lunch (although we went in April so were sitting outside all the time).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fantastic lunch at Les Marmottes at the Lindarets plateau. Great place to stop.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Get over to Chatel side for some great runs and restaurants at Plane Dranse. Only 2 lifts away from Avoriaz.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I skied there this weekend.
It snowed hard all day and I couldn't see squat.
I think thats about all you need to know.

There's plenty of places to eat ranging from snack bar, pizza, savoyard cheese-fest, tex-mex, burgers, to fancy-dan French stuff btw.
snow report
Ozboy wrote:
Get over to Chatel side for some great runs and restaurants at Plane Dranse. Only 2 lifts away from Avoriaz.

Completely agree, lovely red run down there - and a visit to Chez BaBeth is always an eye-opener (especially at Christmas!!!)
latest report
Handy Turnip wrote:
Ozboy wrote:

Completely agree, lovely red run down there - and a visit to Chez BaBeth is always an eye-opener (especially at Christmas!!!)

Always check the bill at BaBeth as they are known for creative accounting!
latest report
Quote:

Great resort for families given the pedestrianised nature, with horse and carts trundling around and most apartments being ski-in ski-out. Some nice family restaurants along the main strip, but once you've identified what takes your fancy then it's worth booking.

This +1 - Avoriaz has been my families resort of choice since my youngest son (now 6yr old) was born. The car-free ski-in-out nature of the resort makes it so convenient with the kids.
Would recommend restaurant Les Fountaines Blanche on the main Street - good varied menu of cheap pizzas, steaks, pasta and traditional french mountain fare.
ski holidays
Head to La Chavanette for some minced meat Toofy Grin
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:
@Reallyrubbishskier, Avoriaz is not really known for its restaurants ... very nice kebab wrap in Changabang tho!

Oh, but you are sooo wrong.
snow report
@zzz, you didn't like the kebab??

I am probs well out of date, just don't know of many good restaurants in Avoriaz village itself. But I am painfully out of date on that.
ski holidays
Most of the apartments are tiny, and have n-5 sockets where n is the bare minimum you actually need to function! Very Happy Take a couple of UK 4 gang trailing* leads and a couple of adapters. It will be worth it.

* It being the 21stC, there are prob 4 gang usbs these days, for the tech.
latest report
Charliegolf wrote:

* It being the 21stC, there are prob 4 gang usbs these days, for the tech.

There are ... we've had them for a long time - often with uk/EU/US conversions ...
snow report
mooney058 wrote:
Head to La Chavanette for some minced meat Toofy Grin
Nice one Laughing Laughing
snow report
Skiing fantastic in PDS, Apres is bobbins and take plenty of coin with you
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy