Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Definitive answer on at home LFTs

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone travelled into France on a Chronomics of similar antigen test, self administered at home and then certified by the supplier?

And can you definitely NOT use these for the pass sanitare?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've seen previous posts from people saying they had done so without problem.

French Consulate in London have actually updated their rules now :

Quote:
LAST MINUTE :

From 4 December, fully vaccinated travellers (12 years old or more), and whatever their nationality, have to provide the result of a negative PCR or antigen test (in paper or digital format) carried out less than 48h hours prior to departure. Self-administred tests, whose results are not certified by a laboratory (e.g.: tests provided free of charge by the NHS) are not considered valid for travel.


That for me gives clarity.

What is now stopping me is the news that in VT it's going to cost EUR 75 for an antigen test !!! WTAF ! Given my 13 y.o. would need one every day for lift access thats 450 EUR, on top of the entry test, departure test and day 2 test. Farce.
https://www.valthorens.com/en/staying-with-us--useful-informations-1/covid-19-valthorens

Quote:
Antigenic test: at the Val Thorens pharmacy and the Val Thorens medical centre, by appointment. Appointments will be made directly via an application (information to come). Test results in 10 to 30 minutes.
Pharmacy opening hours
Opening hours from 20 November to 18 December: Monday to Friday from 9am to 1pm and from 2pm to 7pm and at weekends from 9am to 7pm
Opening hours from 19 December: open every day from 9am to 7pm
Rates: 75€ (44€ + management fees)
Medical centre opening hours: open every day, by appointment


Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 5-12-21 14:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gazzza wrote:
What is now stopping me is the news that in VT it's going to cost EUR 75 for an antigen test !!! WTAF !
Shocked Good grief! Talk about mountain prices! That really is talking the p*ss.

For the pre-departure test before travelling home I'll be using a lateral flow kit bought in the UK, but for those kids who might need a daily test and are stuck with local clinics that price is unacceptable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gazzza wrote:


What is now stopping me is the news that in VT it's going to cost EUR 75 for an antigen test !!! WTAF !



Wow, that is insane Shocked

These are tests that cost only around £3 when bought in bulk...!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's been updated. It said 25 euros a couple of days ago!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thats Peak season pricing for you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's actually only 44 EUR in VT, if you speak French:

https://www.valthorens.com/fr/pages/informations-covid-19-val-thorens

Tarifs : 44€
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gazzza, can you not take UK certified tests with you?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@HilbertSpace, even 44€ is excessive. £20 in the UK.

@Hells Bells, for the daily tests for those kids who can't get a Pass Sanitaire because they aren't double vaccinated will a lateral flow test bought in the UK be sufficient?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rob@rar, if they give a QR code that is recognised by the app, they should be and they are valid to travel there, and valid to pre-test on the return trip, but I guess I wouldn't be willing to risk it without some form of official confirmation.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells wrote:
@rob@rar, if they give a QR code that is recognised by the app,
The TAC Verif app? I've not yet done a certified lateral flow test so I don't know if the QR code you get with your certification is recognised by TAC Verif app, but I'm guessing it won't be. If it's not verified by the French app, would the French pharmacist have the discretion to provide approval for the Pass Sanitaire? We need someone to test this to know for certain.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:
@rob@rar, if they give a QR code that is recognised by the app,
The TAC Verif app? I've not yet done a certified lateral flow test so I don't know if the QR code you get with your certification is recognised by TAC Verif app, but I'm guessing it won't be. If it's not verified by the French app, would the French pharmacist have the discretion to provide approval for the Pass Sanitaire? We need someone to test this to know for certain.


If the cheap 'self administered and Lab certified' tests were purchased from a French company im guessing there is more of a chance that it would produce the correct QR for the french system ?
Just a thought but If you were French and needed to get to the UK you would buy a cheap 'self administered but more importantly Lab certified' rapid test kit for about €20 from an onlne test centre - Do the test before you flew, photo the negative test result, email it to them and get back an official test result that allowed you to fly. This would all be in french and it would be all above board according to French regulations. And im guessing that a french family with an unvaccintaed (for whatever reason) teenager buy the same test before they arrived i resort , and use them daily to get the Pass Sanitaire?? Can't see a 'local' being too impressed with queing every day for a €75 test in VT ??
If so could we have we have pack of 6 delived to our hotel/chalet and use them instead of the pharmacy ones? A French company must be able to generate the correct QR code ??
If the are good enough to use to fly surely they are good enough for the Pass?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hells Bells wrote:
@Gazzza, can you not take UK certified tests with you?


For return to UK pre-entry yes, but alas I don't believe they give you a Pass Sanitaire code so no good whilst out there [I have a 13 year old so am scuppered by the lack of covid pass proof, and he's currently unjabbed anyway as he had covid when he was elligble for jabbing and now has to wait 12 weeks].
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just looked back on the pre-return to UK lateral flow antigen tests I did coming back from holiday in August, the type you take yourself and upload for review/certification - the test certificate produced (that was fine for boarding and UK pre-entry) did not contain bar codes, so I assume no go for Pass Sannitaire given the French obsession to want QR codes rather just a certificate.

EDIT - neither did my outbound in person tests for that matter either. Nor my outbound tests on work trips in March and May earlier this year. Seems barcoding is not that common on UK tests.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
@HilbertSpace, even 44€ is excessive. £20 in the UK.

@Hells Bells, for the daily tests for those kids who can't get a Pass Sanitaire because they aren't double vaccinated will a lateral flow test bought in the UK be sufficient?


Only €22 in Tignes - https://www.skipass-tignes.com/fr/pass-sanitaire
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gazzza wrote:
I've seen previous posts from people saying they had done so without problem.

French Consulate in London have actually updated their rules now :

Quote:
LAST MINUTE :

From 4 December, fully vaccinated travellers (12 years old or more), and whatever their nationality, have to provide the result of a negative PCR or antigen test (in paper or digital format) carried out less than 48h hours prior to departure. Self-administred tests, whose results are not certified by a laboratory (e.g.: tests provided free of charge by the NHS) are not considered valid for travel.


That for me gives clarity.

What is now stopping me is the news that in VT it's going to cost EUR 75 for an antigen test !!! WTAF ! Given my 13 y.o. would need one every day for lift access thats 450 EUR, on top of the entry test, departure test and day 2 test. Farce.
https://www.valthorens.com/en/staying-with-us--useful-informations-1/covid-19-valthorens

Quote:
Antigenic test: at the Val Thorens pharmacy and the Val Thorens medical centre, by appointment. Appointments will be made directly via an application (information to come). Test results in 10 to 30 minutes.
Pharmacy opening hours
Opening hours from 20 November to 18 December: Monday to Friday from 9am to 1pm and from 2pm to 7pm and at weekends from 9am to 7pm
Opening hours from 19 December: open every day from 9am to 7pm
Rates: 75€ (44€ + management fees)
Medical centre opening hours: open every day, by appointment


Ski down to Meribel, get it done, valid for 24 hours, ski to Meribel again. They're a fraction of that price and the test centre is on the Chaudanne in the Olympic Centre.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pbsmith, if you were French and travelling to the UK, your test might even be free of charge.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
EUR 75 at VT is absurd. EUR 44 at Meribel is still OTT and almost as much in testing for 6 days as the teens ski pass itself. EUR 22 is liveable, if a an irritation.

Point is though it is still impractical. You still have to book appointments at these places and make sure you get to them on time and therefore plan your ski day around your appointment, which could be several valleys away. If you can't get an appointment every day at same time you will potentially have lapses in the 24 hours and could, theoretically be prevented on boarding a lift (which you likely need to get to the test centre). What happens if you are late for an appointment, because of temporary lift closure, white out, kids needing to divert route via a toilet etc etc. (That Tignes link for example there are no appointments after lift close times for NY week, and no appointments on arrival day after 3pm so can't get tested on arrival either)

Is the Meribel one walk in ? In which case that might work, as you one could swing in when you happen to pass through that area.
snow conditions



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy