Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
Presumably arriving back on the 11th not Day 2 on the 11th?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I read it as arriving on or after 4am on 11th February.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quick question re 24hr LFT and driving to Italy via France.
I need LFT to get into France ... but do I need to be in Italy within 24 hours of the LFT ? (or 48 hr if PCR I think).
I can make it in 24 hours but had considered skiing for an afternoon in France and that would put me over 24 hours by the time I go through Mont Blanc tunnel into Italy.
What about returning from Italy to France too en route for UK.
What are the chances of actually getting checked ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
has anyone get experience of what the UK return PLF asks ?

as you can only do it within 48 hrs of coming back it could contain something you need to have sorted before setting off ?

I'm guessing it is just where are you going to go and what is you vax status but better to be prepared

thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They to not ask much ; personal details/address/flight number/time or arrival/passport number

You can pre-fill and save the form before you go - just can't finish it off until 48 hours before arrival

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks albob
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tiddles,

I recall that you have to set up a very long password to set up your UK PLF. Make sure you take a note of your password. I think it also checks your identity when you log back in, I think it sends you an SMS with a verification code.

Until the 11th of Feb you have to enter a test reference on your UK PLF of your Day 2 Covid Antigen test.

I must check my PLF before I go away next weekend.

If you're flying into Switzerland check their PLF also. If you're travelling to France you have an option on the Swiis PLF to say you are "in transit".
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albob wrote:
They to not ask much ; personal details/address/flight number/time or arrival/passport number

You can pre-fill and save the form before you go - just can't finish it off until 48 hours before arrival

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Is it possible to print out the form to finish filling in prior to return or is it all online?

I go this weekend , returning on the 5th and this is all new to me
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have mine downloaded ready for this weekend, but I do not see anywhere to put return time and flight ; so I think you may have to finish it off online
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can anyone offer advice and on the latest travel requirements for flying from the UK to Geneva and driving into France.
We are a family of 4 (2 adults and two teens) all fully vaccinated.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still no update regarding the recovered... why is that so?

Vaccinated and recovered have the same status regarding travel restrictions...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’m reading it as no LFT for fully vaccinated going in to Switzerland from the UK and the same for Switzerland into France. However it’s not clear how that stands when driving from Switzerland to France when the original departure was the UK.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have seen a couple of people ask the question already on this thread but can’t see a definitive answer. We are due to fly to Turin from the UK and drive to Serre Chevalier in a hire car. Same journey in reverse on the way back.

I can’t work out whether a) I have to submit a PLF and an antigen/ PCR test for both Italy and France or whether I am exempt for Italy as just transiting through. B) if I do have to submit to both can I use the same test for each PLF (presumably yes) c) on the return do I have to submit a test/PLF for Italy just to travel through (looks like UK is scrapping the testing requirement).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apologies for the slight thread drift but I wonder if anyone has done this before & knows the answer.

We are flying EasyJet to Geneva & as EasyJet see's this as flying you to Switzerland they will only ask to see your Swiss PLF & Covid vaccine status pre flight. They will not ask to see a negative LFT as that is not required for Switzerland anymore. The only check's on landing last weekend was passport & Swiss PLF.

Question is, we are getting our hire car from the French sector, do you know if they are asking for negative LFT's as you pass through the airport to the French hire desks?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jonny996, Similar to us, we pick up a UK reg car at Swis’ side but drive into France.

Can anyone confirm if any checks are taking place at the Swis’ French border
ski holidays
@Renry, I think you'd be ok, I was there last weekend & although we picked up a hire car Swiss side no one was at road boareder to check.
The boarder in the actual airport in staffed all the time so they maybe checking.
I know it is only £45 but its the princile of giving more money to the testing companies
snow conditions
Another request for clarification!
France.
Wife and I both boosted, but early October (GP and dentist)
As I understand it, French requirement is going to be booster under 4 months old.
Travelling out 11/2 return 20/2
Will our pass become invalid on the 15th (or whatever the date of the change is??)
ski holidays
Does anyone have experience on how you dealt with the booster shot not showing on the nhs app?

My other half had his booster in Dec, contacted 119 and was told it takes up to 21 days for the team to contact back to update.

21 days has passed and still no contact yet and with the vaccine pass expiring 270 days after the second shot, he can’t rely on his 2nd dose date…

Going into France from Geneva so we need to comply with both Swiss and French rules!
latest report
@Aki, That is dreadful, I would be kicking up all sorts of stink if I were you. You have done all the right things and are being let down by being unable to prove it.

Find out who is is the Director of Public Health in your area, contact them and make clear that this circumstance is not helping attack vaccine hesitancy. We need to remove all barriers and facilitate all incentives (including going on holiday) to encourage vaccine uptake. Write to you MP with the same message. Try and see of your GP can help. And for sure keep hassling 119 and try and get the issue escalated, in particular ask them if they are able to see the booster on your record. If so you should be able to at least get a paper cope of your vaccine certificate sent to you and potentially download one from NHS inform. That would be sufficient for your travel.

Good luck, I really feel for you.
snow report
Anyone got any recommendations for cheapest options for test at home, fit to fly LFT tests suitable for France?
ski holidays
can anyone clear up the current france->switzerland->uk return journey requirements?
the uk seems to have dropped all testing requirements for fully vaxed travellers in this case and the swiss advice i can find for transiting only seems to require the PLF.
ski holidays
@Ray Zorro, C19 are well regarded.
snow report
@cmsd2, visit https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home to check Swiss requirements.
I have just done ; entering from France and transiting = no test required, no Swiss PLF.

UK requirements change on the 11th of Feb ; No test, but PLF required.

@Ray Zorro, I have used Excalibur and Randox ; both worked well (the Excalibur app was easiest to use)

visit https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests to get a discount....
ski holidays
Another request for current (or more accurately near future) testing requirements.

two triple jabbed adults (UK cert), one double jabbed 15yo (EU cert), all on UK passports and UK residents.

Flying UK>GVA 20th Feb with immediate transit to FR, transit FR to GVA then fly to UK 27th Feb.

Familiar and happy with all the cert and PLF/attestation requirements, but where are we now with testing, do we need any at all?
latest report
No one?

Oh well, can someone sense check this summary:

UK to GVA no testing requirement as all fully jabbed, this is from https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

GVA to France, in theory need LFT (as originating in UK), but in practice no one is asking, and hope this will be officially dropped soon anyway.

France to GVA, no test needed.

GVA to UK no pre departure test, and as off 11th Feb no day2 either.
ski holidays
@midgetbiker, seems correct to me
latest report
I take it thats just tests, we still need all the locator forms
ski holidays
midgetbiker wrote:
No one?

Oh well, can someone sense check this summary:

UK to GVA no testing requirement as all fully jabbed, this is from https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

GVA to France, in theory need LFT (as originating in UK), but in practice no one is asking, and hope this will be officially dropped soon anyway.

France to GVA, no test needed.

GVA to UK no pre departure test, and as off 11th Feb no day2 either.

Yes that is right. In theory you need a lateral flow to enter France as you have been in the UK recently. In practice I doubt anyone will ask for it as it is not required to enter France from Switzerland.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonny996 wrote:
I take it thats just tests, we still need all the locator forms

Exactly, query was about testing only. SFAIK the paperwork is same as ever, CH PLF and French attestation on way out, CH & UK PLF's on way back.
snow conditions
My understanding now, is that for flying to Geneva and travelling on to France no LFT is required for fully vaccinated! Neither country now require this. You just complete the Swiss passenger locator form (online) and the French sworn/honour form (printed).
ski holidays
What do you do with the French statement of honour? Submit online? Print off & carry with you? Airline check in appears to be asking for it
ski holidays
@tangowaggon, print off and carry with you.
snow conditions
so kids under 17 mirror parents vax status I think (fro France), so is there a different form for them or do you leave blank confirmation of vax or say vaccinated???? Thanks, stress levels at defcon 3!
ski holidays
Mike_H wrote:
My understanding now, is that for flying to Geneva and travelling on to France no LFT is required for fully vaccinated! Neither country now require this. You just complete the Swiss passenger locator form (online) and the French sworn/honour form (printed).

Just saw this today - https://swissplf.admin.ch/htx-maintenance-pages/962f97e4-af07-4289-98cd-dbbbe43ce1d3-ePLF-NotNeeded.html

It appears to be saying that no PLF is now required to enter Switzerland.
snow report
@GreenDay,
Swiss PLF no longer required.
Just boarded an Easyjet Edinburgh to Geneva flight and we only had to show proof of vaccination.
They advised the Swiss plf requirement was dropped this morning.
snow report
chrisward wrote:
so kids under 17 mirror parents vax status I think (fro France), so is there a different form for them or do you leave blank confirmation of vax or say vaccinated???? Thanks, stress levels at defcon 3!

They still need to fill out the form - I would leave blank the bit at the bottom about 'unvaccinated'

the form makes clear that accompanied minors mirror the adults

"..The measures applied to vaccinated adults are extended under the same conditions to their accompanying minors, whether vaccinated or not..."
latest report
muppet wrote:
@GreenDay,
Swiss PLF no longer required.
Just boarded an Easyjet Edinburgh to Geneva flight and we only had to show proof of vaccination.
They advised the Swiss plf requirement was dropped this morning.

Thanks for the heads up, good its easing everywhere.
ski holidays
Checked the Swiss PLF site. Had it in mind to complete anyway, just in case someone at the UK airport was not informed of latest changes. The 'form' is no longer online and it takes you to a notice that the PLF is no longer required to enter Switzerland.
snow conditions
The Swiss plf was not asked for on arrival at Geneva today. Or proof of vaccination.
Just a straight forward passport check and stamp.
snow report
Afternoon All. A quick question if I may…

Preparing for a jaunt down to France this weekend and thought I had all my ducks on a row. I’ve done my EU-PLF but, on this French Government page - https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/#sommaire_5 – a few paragraphs down, in the section “I am travelling to France. Do I have to fill any forms before boarding?”, it says:

You may be asked to fill two forms before boarding for France ¬–
• The EU-PLF form is for travellers arriving on the territory of a European Union Member State. While rules to fill the form may vary between EU countries, it is compulsory for travellers who wish to enter France.
• The Eos electronic form is for travellers coming from ‘orange’ countries and territories.

The same page says that the UK is still on the orange list, so should I be completing an ‘Eos form’ as well?! To be honest I hadn't heard of it before. Please someone put me right!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy