Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
@Eagerly waiting," french scientists saying LFT no good at finding omnicron"

Thats weird -- I only read this week, on a manufacturers site, that their test detected Omicron
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
albob wrote:
".Am I correct in that despite there being a French side in GVA, that everyone entering would be subject to Switzerland rules of entry?"

Yes, the French side is only for 'Domestic' arrivals

I think if I was you - I would do Passenger location forms for both counties just in case and do a Lateral Flow test, again 'Just in Case' (would hate to be turned back!)

Most people here in the UK are doing self-administered (paid for) LFT's : you do the test at home ; upload photo to app or website ; they send you the results

----------------------------

"And not to confuse more, but we were planning to take a day trip to Courmayeur while staying in Chamonix? Would I be checked for a test going thru the tunnel?"

Shouldn't be - In theory there are no borders in the EU ; bit like crossing a State border in the US

Does France accept these antigen LFT that send you the certificate/result?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes

Just to add -- I use Excalibur (other testers are available !)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 20-01-22 16:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
albob wrote:
Yes

Thank you for your timely and informative responses.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jsnow11, When are you travelling? -- Regulations are changing all the time (sometimes, too quickly to keep up!)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
albob wrote:
@Jsnow11, When are you travelling? -- Regulations are changing all the time (sometimes, too quickly to keep up!)

Travel is to start tomorrow. Do we have the update from the French govt that was stated to be at 7pm (French time)?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is some good news. It looks like the Day 2 return to UK test will be scrapped:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ministers-covid-testing-system-fully-vaccinated-holidaymakers-b977842.html

Should save everyone £20 (or the hassle of entering RANDX1234 in your Passenger Locator Form Wink )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Regulations are indeed changing rapidly. EasyJet seem to be saying that negative LFT/PCR for entry to Switzerland no longer required.
Still required for France, but no idea where that would be validated if flying to Switzerland and transiting to France?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jsnow11 wrote:
albob wrote:

Do we have the update from the French govt that was stated to be at 7pm (French time)?

"The government announced Thursday evening the lifting, in February, of most of the restrictions taken to curb the epidemic: end of wearing a mask outdoors and compulsory teleworking, reopening of nightclubs and return of standing concerts."

https://www.lepoint.fr/politique/covid-les-francais-vont-savoir-quand-seront-levees-les-restrictions-20-01-2022-2461358_20.php (google will translate..)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or go to France24 it's in English!

There's also talk of another variant in France since before Xmas, but seems not to be a concern. But France announced 525k cases today, if that were the UK the opposition would be up in arms and the French would have closed Calais wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rondo101 wrote:
Regulations are indeed changing rapidly. EasyJet seem to be saying that negative LFT/PCR for entry to Switzerland no longer required.
Still required for France, but no idea where that would be validated if flying to Switzerland and transiting to France?

Crystal Ski now say no test is required to enter Switzerland from 22nd January. I travel on 22nd...not sure if it starts on 22nd or after 22nd, but don't suppose I'll get a refund on my test so might as well use it anyway
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gloggle wrote:
rondo101 wrote:

Crystal Ski now say no test is required to enter Switzerland from 22nd January. I travel on 22nd...not sure if it starts on 22nd or after 22nd, but don't suppose I'll get a refund on my test so might as well use it anyway

Travelling the same day. Swiss gov website says it will update rules on 22nd, when they change. Currently says test required, understandably.

Reckon it will be ‘from’ 22nd, so changed for the day. I too have bought the test so may as well do it. Got day 2 tests too and looks like they might go before we come back.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From Saturday 22 January, Switzerland has dropped its requirement that vaccinated or previously infected travellers need to a negative test for entry.

We pick a car up from Geneva and drive to France. Any ideas what’s been happening at the border with regards testing for entering France
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Renry wrote:
From Saturday 22 January, Switzerland has dropped its requirement that vaccinated or previously infected travellers need to a negative test for entry.

We pick a car up from Geneva and drive to France. Any ideas what’s been happening at the border with regards testing for entering France

I've heard, anecdotally, nothing is being checked unless you get spot-checked. The road border with france would be chaos if they were checking everyone. The sample size for that anecdotal evidence vs the number of people crossing is tiny, so read into that what you will. I guess if you've not got a negative 24hr test and are stopped that they would ask you to do one there & then (at what cost I've no idea).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rondo101 wrote:
Gloggle wrote:
rondo101 wrote:

Travelling the same day. Swiss gov website says it will update rules on 22nd, when they change. Currently says test required, understandably.

Reckon it will be ‘from’ 22nd, so changed for the day. I too have bought the test so may as well do it. Got day 2 tests too and looks like they might go before we come back.

Yeah same, I have Day 2 test waiting.

Is the LFT within 24hrs or departure or arrival? The website said a valid test upon boarding and entry to the country….
Now I’m panicking as when I land, it’ll be older than 24hrs. Hoping the changes have taken effect anyway
ski holidays
rondo101 wrote:
Renry wrote:

I've heard, anecdotally, nothing is being checked unless you get spot-checked. The road border with france would be chaos if they were checking everyone. The sample size for that anecdotal evidence vs the number of people crossing is tiny, so read into that what you will. I guess if you've not got a negative 24hr test and are stopped that they would ask you to do one there & then (at what cost I've no idea).

We will be driving a RHD UK registered truck so sticking out like a sore thumb for a check Mad
ski holidays
The Financial Times is reporting that the 2 day return test, for the vaccinated, will be scrapped (this has been mooted for a few days already). They expect Grant Shapps to say something on Monday...
latest report
Having read this thread, various of the Swiss government pages and all sorts of other info, I’m *still* not clear on covid certificates for Switzerland and am hoping someone can assist:

Is the NHS Covid pass (the one for international travel) accepted in Switzerland?

Many TIA,
Ms T.
latest report
@Mistress Twerkle, Yes ! -- the NHS Covid pass is recognised by all countries
ski holidays
albob wrote:

Thank you Smile Too much info online which goes round in circles - needed a straight answer!
latest report
@Mistress Twerkle, When are you travelling ? -- Regulations are changing all the time (Switzerland tends to be the most relaxed in Europe..)
snow report
Mistress Twerkle wrote:
albob wrote:

Thank you Smile Too much info online which goes round in circles - needed a straight answer!
yep, the 'helpful' information on Italy too was beginning to get completely out of hand.
snow conditions
albob wrote:
@Mistress Twerkle, When are you travelling ? -- Regulations are changing all the time (Switzerland tends to be the most relaxed in Europe..)

Wednesday this week.
snow report
@Mistress Twerkle, Ahh - can't see anymore changes before then (except maybe for the UK 2 day return tests..)
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
Mistress Twerkle wrote:
albob wrote:

yep, the 'helpful' information on Italy too was beginning to get completely out of hand.

It’s the “EU recognised…” on various websites that was getting me. Are we in the EU for these purposes (I assume not…), but do the various sites make the distinction (who knows…).

Hence my asking on here with real people who have actually travelled Smile
snow conditions
albob wrote:
@Mistress Twerkle, Ahh - can't see anymore changes before then (except maybe for the UK 2 day return tests..)

Yep, we’re heading our bets on the return test on the basis of a possible announcement here on Monday. We know there are no outbound tests required now, it was just the covid pass that was getting very confusing rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Mistress Twerkle, I would advise adding the travel QR code to your 'wallet' or printing it out (just in case you don't have a signal on your mobile phone just when you need it !)
snow report
I'm sure this has been answered before numerous times (massive apologies) - do you need to fill in a Swiss PLF and a French one too if flying into GVA but then hiring a car to drive to France? I presume you do?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
franga wrote:
I'm sure this has been answered before numerous times (massive apologies) - do you need to fill in a Swiss PLF and a French one too if flying into GVA but then hiring a car to drive to France? I presume you do?

Funny because this same query has just come up in our group. I initailly said no, but then figured why not do it and have it as insurance. SO I have completed the online form and printed a copy.
snow report
Thought I would update since I have travelled for my trip. Flew into turin, asked for covid cert and passenger locator form in turin airport. Then rented a car and drove to val thorens. Not asked for any documents going into France by car, although there are a lot of tolls! Apart from the length of the drive, everything was very straightforward!
I expect that on the way back I will only need the passenger locator form for Italy to Ireland.
snow conditions
From 4AM on the 11th of February fully Vacced will not need to test on arrival (Grant Shapps speaking in the House of Commons)

PLF still needed
snow conditions
albob wrote:
From 4AM on the 11th of February fully Vacced will not need to test on arrival (Grant Shapps speaking in the House of Commons)

PLF still needed

Just to be clear for everyone that’s just back to the UK
snow conditions
Renry wrote:
albob wrote:

PLF still needed

Just to be clear for everyone that’s just back to the UK

Er, isn’t that just for England so far.

A slight vested interest here but “ The Laboratory and Testing Industry Organisation, the trade body for the industry, says the UK's ability to discover new Covid variants, may be harmed.

The organisation's chairman Tom Watson says: "We have consistently backed relaxing unnecessary restrictions, but the only way that our country can avoid hard lockdowns is by maintaining a robust Covid testing regime to quickly discover new variants."

He adds: "We believe removing testing completely for international travel would weaken our wall of defence - because testing is the antidote to lockdowns."”
snow report
albob wrote:

PLF still needed

Damn a week too late for us rolling eyes
ski holidays
And for me

Sorry -- Just for flights into England --
latest report
Hooray, I’ll be travelling back in 12th so with Austria also scrapping tests that’s no tests required at all for this trip!
snow report
a week late for a business trip to the US, but in time for ski and next trips. Don't see the reason for the PLF unless it's just to declare vaccine status.
snow report
endoman wrote:
a week late for a business trip to the US, but in time for ski and next trips. Don't see the reason for the PLF unless it's just to declare vaccine status.

Thats all the UK PLF will now do.
snow report
No more day 2 tests for Scotland from 11th Feb either !
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60109945
snow conditions
I am hoping the pre flight tests for trip out to les gets on 12th march are done away with as well, although flying into Geneva and looks like nobody checks you going into France anyway
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy