Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Championship 2011 host cities - [edit: winners announced]

Poster: A snowHead
Five candidates for the right to host the 2011 Alpine and Nordic Championships have been retained, with the two winning cities to be announced in less than a week's time. A Germanic face-off between Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Germany and Schladming in Austria for the Alpine events, while there's a three-way race for the Nordic competition between Oslo (Norway), Val di Fiemme (Italy), and Zakopane (Poland).

Some more info about the candidate cities ...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 25-05-06 21:30; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG, Who's the hot money on?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Think both Garmisch and Schladming lost out to Val d'Isère for 2009, so your guess is as good as mine. Oslo missed out on the 2009 Nordic Championships as well, so they're in with a good chance...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Poland, the one to watch I reckon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have the dates for the 2009 Championships been confirmed? Do they clash with the peak period of February?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar.org.uk, the Val d'Isère dates can be seen here. So it seems that the first fortnight of the February holiday will be affected.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG, thanks. That seems OK, with the Championships closing just as the busiest period begins. Wonder if it will be possible to commute to Val d'Isere from Les Arcs...?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk, perhaps between 2 and 3 in the morning - you could park in La Brevière and walk up! Wink Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Announcement tomorrow. Apparently the local papers in each resort (Garmisch/Schladming) having been making less than complimentary remarks about each other!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, He could park Les Bettieres in the Nat' Park and walk up the Col d'Palet (?) and ski to ValDisease via Val Claret, GR5 is the route (I think)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So it's Garmisch (9 votes to Schladming's 6) for the Alpine World Championships,

and Oslo (12 votes, beating Val di Fiemme with 4 votes, and Zakopane in Poland not getting a single vote...)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I thought Garmish might be a bit low, even with snow cannons. But actually its snow record is not too bad.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick Zotov, You have linked in to a SCGB log-in page, with errr no information about snow records wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowbunny, Sorry. On my computer it links to the historical snow records page - which I didn't think was members only - in fact, looking at the way the menu is laid out, I am surprised that it is.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

So it's Garmisch (9 votes to Schladming's 6) for the Alpine World Championships,

I seem to think Garmisch has a large American Forces rest and relaxation base, (or am I thinking of somewhere else?) If so I wonder what if that had an influence on the votes Confused
latest report
boredsurfin, Garmisch definately has an American recreation centre there. Spent many weeks there when I was in the RAF based in Germany. Many weeks of good skiing and good drinking. snowHead
ski holidays
Serious DH and SG courses in Garmish - I hope they don't make a new one, the one they have is plenty tough enough!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy