Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for Pre-departure tests for travel to France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There seem to be two schools of thought on Pre-departure tests for travel from UK to France as to whether it is OK to opt for the cheapest option (Lateral Flow test purchased to take at home) or whether it is imperative to go for the more costly option of booking tests at a clinic. As we are now all looking at paying for pre-departure tests as well as day 2 return tests, plus for the "lucky" ones with teenagers under 16 also the costs of daily testing in resort -if we can save a bit of both money and aggravation on the pre-departure tests it would be most welcome.

Therefore if anyone has any recent personal experience of travelling into France and can confirm the type of test they used I would be very grateful. It may be that there are not many real examples until the new rules kick in tomorrow ......

Many thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Be aware that there is a French Government meeting on Monday to discuss further actions, I would pause until those discussions have been announced
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/French-government-to-hold-Conseil-de-defense-sanitaire-meeting-on-Monday-December-6-on-Covid-fifth-wave-in-France
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. I’ll wait and see….
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks this will be useful I need
5 x LFT (3 within 48 hr 2 within 24hr)
5 x PCR
2 x LFT daily for 6 days

This is going to be costly. 22 tests!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Monty72, We've used C19testing for certified antigen testing a few times since the summer and found them efficient and quick. The process is simple. order, test delivered next day by DPD. Take test, just like NHS antigen tests. Write unique reference in biro on the face of the test cartridge, take photo of negative result with passport open to photo page. Go online register your test, upload photo. A few hours later get your certificate back by email.

As @boredsurfin, says watch out for changing rules
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A question about testing for foreign travel in general - is there plenty of capacity or do people recommend booking tests well in advance?

I'm reluctant to book too early in case the rules change or we have to cancel our trip, but don't want to leave it late and find I can't get a test time within the applicable window.

We're not travelling until mid January, so low season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I'm reluctant to book too early in case the rules change or we have to cancel our trip, but don't want to leave it late and find I can't get a test time within the applicable window.

That's a good point. I've been wondering the same thing. Travelling 23 Dec.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That is also one of my worries, demand is going to increase as the testing requirements have increased. The trade off between booking early to secure tests v risk of rules changing is tricky. If in-person clinic testing is required that will intensify demand further as there will clearly be less supply.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timc wrote:
@Monty72, We've used C19testing for certified antigen testing a few times since the summer and found them efficient and quick. The process is simple. order, test delivered next day by DPD. Take test, just like NHS antigen tests. Write unique reference in biro on the face of the test cartridge, take photo of negative result with passport open to photo page. Go online register your test, upload photo. A few hours later get your certificate back by email.

As @boredsurfin, says watch out for changing rules

Good to hear that these tests have been ok to enter France. Were the certificates checked?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Monty72, We had to show them to French Passport Control and DFDS at Dover. I don't know whether they did anything more than look at them.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Am leaving on 26th. Meeting my daughter and her boyfriend at Heathrow and then driving to France. Keen to avoid using Heathrow testing facilities. Any suggestions?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy