Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel to Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Saintsman wrote:
narbs wrote:
Just to check (I'm sure someone listed it earlier in the thread but I can't seem to find it), leaving the UK and flying into Calgary, I need to:

- book <72hr PCR test (using Randox for this)
- upload details into ArriveCAN
- register with Switch Health

- set up Passenger Locator Form account for return journey
- order LFD tests so that details can be added to PLF

- order eSIM

Mrs and Miss narbs will be travelling on Canadian passports, I assume the same applies to them?

Have I missed anything obvious?!

Make sure everyone has their Vax records available for inspection at checkin. Otherwise that's pretty much it

Of course, forgot about those!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saintsman wrote:
yorkshirelad wrote:
Is Vancouver airport still doing 100% PCR testing on arrival ??

Just had a mail from my TA - they reckon that on average YVR is testing approx 30% of arrivals, but it varies a lot by flight - some flights are near 100%, some are closer to 10%. Sounds very unpredictable

Is this still holding up.. mid week flights maybe 30% ??????
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yorkshirelad wrote:
Saintsman wrote:
yorkshirelad wrote:
Is Vancouver airport still doing 100% PCR testing on arrival ??

Just had a mail from my TA - they reckon that on average YVR is testing approx 30% of arrivals, but it varies a lot by flight - some flights are near 100%, some are closer to 10%. Sounds very unpredictable

Is this still holding up.. mid week flights maybe 30% ??????

Absolutely no idea if it's holding up.or not. It's just what they sent me
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yorkshirelad wrote:
Used Eurofin... it was done at an Asian travel agents !!!!! Very very lax, hope its the same at YVR ... our main worry is testing positive in YVR and spending 14 days in a hotel room because of a cold

Can always just not come to Canada if you're that worried.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My PCR test result from last week has just arrived, looks like my Whistler trip is on!

That was stressful.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
How long did that take and where did you fly to? Vancouver? Enjoy your trip
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@CyberBob, I took the NHS home test on Thursday, so it took over 4 days, the service definitely sounds like it’s got a serious backlog of test samples, or maybe just the lab mine was sent to. Just happy to have got it, as it’s the sample that is definitely valid for travel to Canada.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah, I was thinking that you were waiting for your arrival PCR test in Canada. I'm trying to gauge what the average wait times are and it certainly seems to vary by region. All the best with your trip.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RichardB wrote:
@CyberBob, I took the NHS home test on Thursday, so it took over 4 days, the service definitely sounds like it’s got a serious backlog of test samples, or maybe just the lab mine was sent to. Just happy to have got it, as it’s the sample that is definitely valid for travel to Canada.

I think they are overrun because when I went to my local Post Office the other day I heard a lady complaining she couldn’t put her letter in the post box as it was jam packed full of PCR test boxes!
It was-I could see them through the slot. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before so it must be all these tests for Omicron.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dabber wrote:
For those of you lucky enough to be out in BC atm What’s the average wait time for arrival PCR result to come back in Vancouver and do you need a hard copy to present anywhere , or is it all confirmed via the arrivecan app ??

I flew into Vancouver on Friday night. Test result took 27 hours to come through. They say allow 48 hours before chasing, if you haven’t had the result email.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think it has been posted before but how do you work around the requirement for a Canadian mobile on Switch Health?
Will results be sent to it or via email
As don’t wish to invent a number
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stuarth wrote:
yorkshirelad wrote:
Used Eurofin... it was done at an Asian travel agents !!!!! Very very lax, hope its the same at YVR ... our main worry is testing positive in YVR and spending 14 days in a hotel room because of a cold

Can always just not come to Canada if you're that worried.

Symptoms are very much like a cold...my covid was a runny nose in october !!(pcr test result lost !!)

I said i was worried...not stupid, im not forfeiting thousands of pounds due to a little “worry”. I worry about putting weight on but i still eat chocolate and cake .. Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowsartre wrote:
I think it has been posted before but how do you work around the requirement for a Canadian mobile on Switch Health?
Will results be sent to it or via email
As don’t wish to invent a number

I used the number of the hotel we're staying at to register but they have my email which works as normal.

I'll be getting an eSIM with a Canadian number before we go so will update Switch with that number before leaving the UK.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone tell me the best deal for eSim for Canada ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, that was stupendously simple. NHS Recovery pass and a printout of the positive result email and AC were completely happy
latest report
@Saintsman, that’s excellent! Thank you so much for finding this out, so much off my mind now!
snow conditions
No worries. Bit bemused by the requirement for the email though tbh. All these official documents with government issued QR codes and they ask to see the most easily fakeable thing out there
snow report
Saintsman wrote:
Well, that was stupendously simple. NHS Recovery pass and a printout of the positive result email and AC were completely happy

Excellent !!!!
snow report
Next trick is to see what happens on landing in YVR, but that's some way into the future still
latest report
Billy steele wrote:
Anyone tell me the best deal for eSim for Canada ?

This was the one mentioned above - https://easyactivations.com/ - which works out at CAD38 for 10 days (not sure if that gives you a Canadian or US number) but also found this - https://globalesim.app/p/mostpopular - which seems to be slightly cheaper depending on data needs.
snow conditions
Saintsman wrote:

Excellent!
snow conditions
Saintsman wrote:
Next trick is to see what happens on landing in YVR, but that's some way into the future still

What time do you land ?
ski holidays
Scheduled is 15:55 local, which would be 23.55 UK.
snow report
Saintsman wrote:

I will read your update in the morning.
snow conditions
Billy steele wrote:
Saintsman wrote:

I will read your update in the morning.

Not staying up for the latest gripping instalment? I need a better scriptwriter
latest report
@Saintsman, please do update us when you get chance after landing.
snow report
I can’t remember my mobile bill being high after my last trip to Canada, maybe I used the Wifi everywhere but I’m sure I did use WhatsApp out on the hill so I must have used 4G or 3G for that.
Has something changed since Feb 2020 or shall I just get one of these eSIMs?
ski holidays
Actually yes I just checked back on EE at the statement afterwards and it was more expensive than normal.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We used o2 sims last time we went, no extra charge, but it depends on your contract with o2. Canadians pay and awful lot for their phone mins and data in comparison to UK.
We used nordvpn and WhatsApp as well.
latest report
All docs completed..car loaded up..ready to leave for airport in the morning...at last
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Actually yes I just checked back on EE at the statement afterwards and it was more expensive than normal.

Vodafone is £6 a day for us - over double the price of an eSIM.
snow conditions
Handy tip...print off all documents and check them..seems an idiot can easily tick a wrong box ..(yes I did Sad )
latest report
Well count me out now, the second PCR test result has locked me out of my COVID digital pass until the 20th January and I can’t get it unlocked after 3 hours on the phone to 119. Have to get in contact with Crystal now to cancel or rearrange to next year. I’m absolutely gutted and furious.
ski holidays
RichardB wrote:
Well count me out now, the second PCR test result has locked me out of my COVID digital pass until the 20th January and I can’t get it unlocked after 3 hours on the phone to 119. Have to get in contact with Crystal now to cancel or rearrange to next year. I’m absolutely gutted and furious.

Gutting! Can you not push it back a couple of weeks? By chance did you print everything out beforehand?
snow conditions
Due to a whistler in few weeks, can I check that exemption from arrival testing still applies if can provided evidence of positive Covid test within 180 days.

Secondly, anyone had experience of taking teenagers either one or two jabbed and what evidence, if any, was accepted?

Thanks
ski holidays
Yes to the first question in theory, but I'll have first hand experience for you tomorrow morning.
snow conditions
RichardB wrote:

get a letter of recovery from Dr. they are online.

They just need to see a proof of positive test.
ski holidays
Billy steele wrote:
RichardB wrote:

get a letter of recovery from Dr. they are online.

They just need to see a proof of positive test.

He needs the vax certificates to upload to ArriveCan as well - they'll be blocked out as well
latest report
yorkshirelad wrote:
Handy tip...print off all documents and check them..seems an idiot can easily tick a wrong box ..(yes I did Sad )

What did you tick wrong ?
latest report
Actually, I uploaded my proof of vaccinations to the ArriveCAN app already, it’s dated from the 23rd of December too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy