Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel to Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Unable to access livestream at all, not sure if that is because of geography or my sh1t3 WiFi
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got to the talky bit, nothing new from this morning, bars and nightclubs, 6 people max gathering etc....but that omicron symptoms are that of a cold..if you catch it its like having a cold..unlikely to need hospital treatment....!,!!! but isolate if you get a cold !!!! .. shut everywhere down as its a cold,... no over reaction then Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At least the border is still open for international travellers
I’m not fussy about the restaurants bit while I’m there, I go at quiet times anyway.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We'll know in another week or two whether this "just a cold" applies to the unvaccinated equally as those fully jabbed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When just questioned about closing borders, Trudeau's response was:

- Closing borders now would not be effective, Omicron is already in Canada
- They are focusing on community spread
- Arrivals into the country represent a very small amount of cases

Jean - Yves Duclos added:

- Canada has the strongest border measures (testing traveling to Canada and on arrival)
- Omicron cases are from community spread

He did (obviously) say they are monitoring the situation and will revise it, but right now closing the borders would not be beneficial.

Also, what I find interesting is they haven't mentioned the non-essential travel advisory at all during the broadcast.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 22-12-21 18:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good news-for us that want to go anyway.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
3 weeks today so keeping everything crossed..
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
3 weeks yesterday for me. Tempting fate, but I'm slowly piling clothes and gear
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Saintsman wrote:
3 weeks yesterday for me. Tempting fate, but I'm slowly piling clothes and gear
ha ha , been cutting new skins and weighing and sorting skis today too , two weeks and counting
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We're due to head to Banff on 9 Feb so also keeping everything crossed!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
3 weeks for us...12th jan..? Just bought new helmet now Razz Razz

Ps.
South africa declared omicron mild cold virus weeks ago..they got red listed for it...and were a bit upset, seems rest of the world are catching up... roll on whistler
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowheads socially distanced meet up on the slopes in whistler jan 2022 ??? snowHead snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dabber wrote:
Snowheads socially distanced meet up on the slopes in whistler jan 2022 ??? snowHead snowHead

We could all just catch a gondola together and skip the distancing part
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
10 days til Banff…

Today is the first time in a while I’ve allowed myself to get excited about it!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
19th January for me, hopefully on the slopes of Whistler on the 21st as I think I'll spend the first day waiting on the test result and acclimatise to the time difference!
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
@philwig, looking forward to testing this out tonight :/
The only thing this thread didn’t remind me of was getting out etas but thankfully they come through pretty much immediately when you apply at the airport.
Only a little skiing for me - main thing is seeing family

Can confirm Arno made it and is still stupid enough to follow me anywhere that goes.
snow conditions
Saintsman wrote:
stuarth wrote:
@Saintsman,
Do you not also think there might be a few questions if Whistler is still putting lots of random people in a Gondola, yet residents of BC can't spend time with friends and family, go to the gym, get surgery...

So I'm glad you can all still make it for your ski trip, and as it seems mostly international visitors are well and truly tested so no more or less risk than anyone else, but would be really nice if everyone backed off quite a bit on the social interactions, and if we could take the same precautions that (mostly) got us through last season.

I completely agree that the Gondola situation in Whistler is unsustainable. Whistler has effectively become the go-to ski destination for the unvaxed; even if you allow that everyone out of province has had to prove their vax status and completed a PCR (especially given that I don't believe it's possible to drive in from Alberta still?) there's still the "local" unvaxed population. Reportedly facemasks aren't being enforced on the gondolas, even at boarding, and vax/id status isn't being checked at on-mountain restaurants, presumably because it's far too painful to manage on mountain. At bare minimum Whistler need to tie lift passes to vaccination proof, and THEN give further thought to managing Gondolas - but while BC Health are adamant that Gondolas aren't a transmission vector and that on-mountain restaurants don't need to comply with their rules then I don't see Whistler/Vail doing anything at all.

They are definitely checking vax status and ID at the mountain restaurants. Previously they weren't scanning them, but apparently this has only been a thing since Monday and I've not been in one since then. Seemed very busy today so perhaps they've had to also reduce capacity?
People are still mostly conforming to the face covering thing, and I heard a lifty asking someone to put it on thus morning - the problem as I see it is that a face covering and a mask are not necessarily the same thing, and being jammed in a small box with a couple of small windows with a random mix of complete strangers seems far from ideal.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 23-12-21 1:41; edited 3 times in total
snow report
Dabber wrote:

Is that naturally enforced distancing for those of us that can't keep up? snowHead
snow report
Oh, and it was (yet another Madeye-Smiley ) powder day today snowHead snowHead snowHead
But it's going to be -25 next week!!! Shock Brrr!!
snow conditions
@parlor, Long long time no speak !!! Have fun mate
ski holidays
stuarth wrote:
Oh, and it was (yet another Madeye-Smiley ) powder day today snowHead snowHead snowHead
But it's going to be -25 next week!!! Shock Brrr!!

Crikes , wrap up warm mate !!!!
ski holidays
-25 !! Strap back..!! Need to get some heated gloves Eh oh!
latest report
Just booked £34 for PCR test booked.....already have 2 day return kit from France last year i didn't use ..new helmet ordered.. all excited niw
snow conditions
Just a quick note to say my sister arrived from US and we did a Xpress test drive through PCR Day 2 test - very efficient and results back by 4pm the next afternoon (they say the results will be in by 10pm). It worked really well in case anyone is is booking return Day 2 tests.
snow report
Nephew got off a flight from Canada yesterday and tested +ve with the PCR doh! Thats Xmas up the swanney for the family Sad
snow conditions
@Pirate42, Firkling Henry. Feel your pain. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
lynnecha wrote:
Just a quick note to say my sister arrived from US and we did a Xpress test drive through PCR Day 2 test - very efficient and results back by 4pm the next afternoon (they say the results will be in by 10pm). It worked really well in case anyone is is booking return Day 2 tests.

Was that at T4 Long Term Parking Heathrow by any chance? I’ve got that booked through Express Tests for my return now from Munich, going to get my luggage in a bit then I’ve got time to get back to my vehicle parked at T2 Long Stay then pootle to T4 Long Stay for the twirl in my nose through the window! Then drive home!
latest report
yorkshirelad wrote:
Just booked £34 for PCR test booked.....already have 2 day return kit from France last year i didn't use ..new helmet ordered.. all excited niw

Who is that with? Just watch they don’t take longer than 48 hours to send you the result certificate, check the reviews on Trust Pilot for ‘form’. Some are useless.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Went thru british Airways recommendation...Eurofin limited, a local location station to us in Halifax..result within 24 hours from testing ..randox for our return

There are loads out there charging more than 120 quid for 36 hour return result !!! Who pays that much, ??
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
lynnecha wrote:

Was that at T4 Long Term Parking Heathrow by any chance? I’ve got that booked through Express Tests for my return now from Munich, going to get my luggage in a bit then I’ve got time to get back to my vehicle parked at T2 Long Stay then pootle to T4 Long Stay for the twirl in my nose through the window! Then drive home!

No it was at Burnley Football Club. She flew into Heathrow but we couldn't get a slot for her at Heathrow so we booked for on the way home as she transited to Manchester Airport. It was quick and easy.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 23-12-21 17:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@lynnecha, very well organised at T4 Express Tests. £69 for a result by 10pm the next day. I thought that was ok value. No waiting around and I went an hour early.
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@lynnecha, very well organised at T4 Express Tests. £69 for a result by 10pm the next day. I thought that was ok value. No waiting around and I went an hour early.

It's good to hear the reports from people with experiance of these things. - Express tests impressed us as well. Now I just need to go somewhere that will have us! Very Happy
latest report
@lynnecha, yes it’s well worth checking out the reviews on Trust Pilot. After all, you don’t want to pay the money and get the result back too late, not when you’re wanting it done to go on a trip. It doesn’t matter so much coming back.
snow conditions
Not calling it yet, but looks like my trip is off. 4 weeks Fernie, but my sisters just tested +ve, so...
ski holidays
@joffy69, providing she gets better soon why do you think the trip is off? If you can prove you had a positive PCR test you don't need to take a pre-entry or arrival PCR: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#entry-vaccinated (scroll down to 'Who needs a pre-entry test' ).

The only issue I can see is that the NHS email notification doesn't include the address/name of laboratory. Does anyone know whether the NHS one is valid for skipping the travel testing? Or best to get one privately?
snow report
I took one privately as soon as i got out of isolation. It's really unclear if the NHS one counts, even though that's the only test that has legal force behind it
snow conditions
I'm supposed to be leaving 26th dec, she told me this morning that the lft was +ve. I've got a pcr booked for xmas day. If I haven't caught covid given our close proximity over the last couple of days (I've not seen her in two years as she's got severe MS and has been shielding) then I don't believe that covid is that transmissible. Still, I'll have to go for the pcr test to validate the insurance.
snow report
The Canadian Consulate used to have a bit on their UK site saying to email Public Health Authority Canada about whether an NHS result counts. They pulled it a while ago though. I emailed through about one of my kids' NHS results ages ago and just didn't get an answer.

For a bit more "officialdom" about it you can pay £150 for a "Proof of Recovery Certificate" from some private GPs. I'm just really wary on that front because worst case would be the airline accepts it but Canadian arrivals decide they don't like it, PCR you and you're then spending your holiday in quarantine. Our insurance covers us if we fail a PCR so I'm leaning towards just getting my daughter tested and hoping she's able to pass (assuming we don't cancel anyway).
latest report
When the flights have been moved forward to the 27th maybe today is a little late to be asking......but has anyone seen anything in the CA guidance which suggests a self administered PCR test for your 72 hrs pre departure isnt ok? My son plans to use the Randox drop box type as they have worked well for us and other people over the last few weeks. I have found one which is operating as normal over Christmas, not too far away. I cant see anything stopping it but woke up in a panic thinking about it last night!
latest report
You can do either, its all about return result, a walk in site will make sure you have a result within 24 hours or so, but the self administered ones which you send off can have a later return time or even be late ! We are going with a walk in service as we managed to get it at the same price as a send off one at £34
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy