Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Via Munich

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks, i am planning on travelling from Dublin to Austria via Munich Airport in Feb. I know a lot can and will change before then. There will be 2 adults a15 year old, 14 year old (all double vaccination) and two children aged 11 and 9. My query is that in Germany at the moment children under 12 have to quarantine for 5 days, does this apply if we are transferring immediately from airport to Austrian Ski resort?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this information has already been discussed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also travelling this route but my understanding at the moment is that if you are transiting You do not have to quarantine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Following this. We are due to fly from Heathrow to Salzburg via Frankfurt and I'm keeping an eye on transit rules.

Do you remember when we'd book a flight, turn up at the airport and just go?
Simpler times.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Transit is an exemption from quarantine so no need to worry. (As it stands at the moment)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your answers folks, one less thing to worry about Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@peter2512, this has been endlessly discussed and no one has a clue what will be happening next week let alone in two months time. If you are simply transiting through Germany there are no restrictions currently. Austria has announced a compulsory vaccination policy from the beginning of February, you might want to check the details when they become available (legislation still being discussed) the latest suggestions are that it will apply to everyone over 14 and the last jab must have been in the previous 7 months. Johnson & Johnson will not be accepted.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Of course, the majority on here will be commenting from a UK point of view, not an Irish one. Its the Irish perspective you need to consider.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Chris_n,

Will require a ‘supervised’ Antigen test to return to Ireland, (another curve ball thrown at us) do Pharmacies in Austria offer this option
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2waterford wrote:
Will require a ‘supervised’ Antigen test to return to Ireland, (another curve ball thrown at us) do Pharmacies in Austria offer this option

Yes, plenty of places to do this, though I'm not sure if you have to pay at the pharmacy. Govt sites are free. Where are you going to?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Heathrow to Munich and on to Austria for me too in February (hopefully!!) so will follow this with interest. Also have a 15 yr old and 13 yr old (both single jabbed and recovered from covid).

Due to be in Les crosets on 18th of december too but swiss gov 10 quarantine put a stop to that sadly.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarlet wrote:
2waterford wrote:

Yes, plenty of places to do this, though I'm not sure if you have to pay at the pharmacy. Govt sites are free. Where are you going to?

We will hopefully be staying in Soll, no problem paying for it if required, my problem however is my sons are returning Tuesday 4th January and test needs to be done 48 hours prior, I think Monday January 3rd is a bank holiday and the second is a Sunday,
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
munich_irish wrote:
@peter2512, this has been endlessly discussed and no one has a clue what will be happening next week let alone in two months time. If you are simply transiting through Germany there are no restrictions currently. Austria has announced a compulsory vaccination policy from the beginning of February, you might want to check the details when they become available (legislation still being discussed) the latest suggestions are that it will apply to everyone over 14 and the last jab must have been in the previous 7 months. Johnson & Johnson will not be accepted.

also depends what you mean by transit - i.e. flying in the usual sense of transit, or taking the train or a hire car to Austria, as is probably more common when people use Munich Airport as an access point to Austria skiing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@2waterford, There will probably be a pharmacy or GP in Söll that will be able to do one on a Sunday. Maybe email the tourist office once the area opens up and ask them. Failing that, the govt (free) centre in Wörgl says that it is open Sundays and bank holidays 8.00-16.00. These places are very efficient and send the certificates through by email/text within half an hour, so if you pass one on your journey, it would only take a couple of mins to stop and do the test.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@t44tomo, whatever your definition, it's still fine.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarlet wrote:
@2waterford, There will probably be a pharmacy or GP in Söll that will be able to do one on a Sunday. Maybe email the tourist office once the area opens up and ask them. Failing that, the govt (free) centre in Wörgl says that it is open Sundays and bank holidays 8.00-16.00. These places are very efficient and send the certificates through by email/text within half an hour, so if you pass one on your journey, it would only take a couple of mins to stop and do the test.

Thank You, once we know we know if things are reopening I will look into it further.
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:

The compulsory vaccine will make no difference to anyone coming on a skiing holiday as they will have to be vaccinated or recovered anyway to stay in a hotel if they are over 12.
snow conditions
Scarlet wrote:
2waterford wrote:

€25 for a non resident / without Austrian Social Security number at a Pharmacy or as @Scarlet free in Wörgl
latest report
Chris_n wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
2waterford wrote:

€25 for a non resident / without Austrian Social Security number at a Pharmacy or as @Scarlet free in Wörgl

Thank You, ok with €25 as they are €35 in Ireland
ski holidays
2waterford wrote:
Chris_n wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
2waterford wrote:

Thank You, ok with €25 as they are €35 in Ireland
Do you know if tests in Wörgl are acceptable for travel
snow report
2waterford wrote:

Yes, definitely. You get a proper EU certificate with a QR code and everything Cool

Those centres are in all the big towns, so if say, Innsbruck was more convenient, you can go there too.
snow conditions
Scarlet wrote:
2waterford wrote:

Yes, definitely. You get a proper EU certificate with a QR code and everything Cool

Those centres are in all the big towns, so if say, Innsbruck was more convenient, you can go there too.

Thank you, do they do PCR also if our requirement changes to needing PCR
snow report
2waterford wrote:
Thank you, do they do PCR also if our requirement changes to needing PCR

Yes, you simply select the test type as you go through the booking form.
snow report
@2waterford, I dont believe Monday 03.01.2022 is a public holiday in Austria, it isnt here in Bavaria. When holidays fall on a weekend there is no extra holiday to make up for that (we get more than enough!). Thursday 06.01.2022 is a public holiday. In practical terms most people will not go back to work until Monday 10th but that doesnt effect shop opennings etc.
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
@2waterford, I dont believe Monday 03.01.2022 is a public holiday in Austria, it isnt here in Bavaria. When holidays fall on a weekend there is no extra holiday to make up for that (we get more than enough!). Thursday 06.01.2022 is a public holiday. In practical terms most people will not go back to work until Monday 10th but that doesnt effect shop opennings etc.

Good point, that is correct. The holiday is on the 6th, but the test centres will continue operate.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy