Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Visually Impaired Skiing University Project

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I'm a 4th year industrial design student, conducting research about visually impaired skiers. Currently I'm looking at both competitive and recreational disciplines of Alpine skiing, whether GS, downhill or Slalom.

I'd like to use this forum to ask a few questions and gain some personal experience. if it makes it easier I've attached the same questions as a Google questionnaire too if it makes it easier.

No matter on your experience, any help or feedback would be a huge help.

Thanks

https://forms.gle/DLGmD4scVfuGfkTA9

Questionnaire

1.) Are you a visually impaired skier? a guide? visually impaired but don't ski? someone who knows a VI skier? a VI ski teacher?
2.) What category of Visually Impairment are you?
3.)What are your goals for the future of VI skiing?
4.) What technology are you currently using to help you/help your VI skier, complete the job?
5.) Explain your experience about getting into the sport.
6.) How do you feel about indoor ski slopes around the world and why?
7.) What are the problems you have with skiing outdoors?
8.) Do you have any specific techniques for getting your ski kit on, getting onto lifts, etc.?
9.) What hinders you about having a guide? - answer only if applicable
10.) *Guide* How do you cope with the cognitive load of skiing whilst guiding someone else?
11.) *Guide* How do you best find a way to maintain distance with your skier?
12.) Do you use cue words when skiing, what are some of the examples of these and how do you come up with them?
13.) how have you coped with the funding issues as a competitive para-alpine skier?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ChrisBuck, Hi. I’m sure you will get some responses to your worthy survey as there are some members that are involved in VI guiding

But I didn’t think its good form to blitz post your request and link onto other threads that have no connection or relevance to your request. You seem to have been busy and done this on quite a few unrelated threads already and may be on the end of less polite notes than this.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy