Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

JCVI approves 2nd jab for 12 - 15s

Poster: A snowHead
3 months after first dose.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59465577
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good news.. finally! Can imagine lots of people working out dates now..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great news, but the three months doesn't help for Christmas. Also need proof of vaccination/QR code.

Edit: just done the maths and Feb half term should be good!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was straight to the calendar... I'm going to try and book mine in at 10 weeks to try and squeeze her in before our very precarious looking new year trip. Let's just hope the NHS app gets sorted (and Geneva transit in our case)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good news !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Woohoo, I grabbed the bull by the horns first time round & got youngster done on day 1 of option, 20th September, so maybe I might manage to salvage new year’s trip, if Geneva transfer is allowed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Move in the right direction, although we go away 9 weeks after jab 1. They didn't start the teen vaccines round here until 23rd October, so they lost 2 months getting organised. Means all our 2022 trips should be good as I can't see much changing on travel restrictions over the next 6 months.

Annoyingly, her 18yr old brother will probably be on jab 3 before she gets jab 2, but risk of getting ill is about the same!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
11th of October for the first one..........no good for NY trip but ok for Feb HT

probably little chance of any wriggle room on the 3 month window
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I watched the briefing - they did actually mention that they would keep looking at the data to see if that 12 week window should remain. When my group (40+) was vaccinated in the spring they said 12 weeks and then brought it forward... (I am a hopeless optimist btw)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yes but they would need to shorten the window in the next 3 weeks, which I can t see happening seeing as its taken to this stage to allow a 2nd jab for 12-15 years old
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Now just need to wait for the NHS site to update to allow bookings... wonder how long it will take
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In the meantime, sign the petition here so teens can prove they are fully jabbed:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/596335
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ooh there's an off chance we can get to the SFaB then if we can get a jab for the 11 year old who turns 12 next month - as @Tiefschneetaucher, states sign the petition as two jabs may as well be none if there's no recognised proof. And I say that not just for the shallow first world problem of missing a ski season but also as we have family overseas who we'd quite like to see in 2022.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Despite my lad having covid which delayed his jab, he was early November, so good for half term.

Are we all writing to our MPs welcoming the invite, and hoping that (and this is the important bit) England will allow 12+ years access to their data just as they do in Scotland. (Have to get the Scotland bit in!!)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tiefschneetaucher wrote:
In the meantime, sign the petition here so teens can prove they are fully jabbed:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/596335

Petition signed. It's killing the travel industry and causing serious problems for those of us with kids that can't prove they're vaccinated.
ski holidays
How do you prove vaccination for teenagers as of today?
ski holidays
Matrix wrote:
How do you prove vaccination for teenagers as of today?

Take GP letter to pharmacie and ask them (nicely) to import to SI-DEP system to generate QR code.

Or live in Scotland -- I think they give QR codes to 12 year olds.
snow report
@HilbertSpace, pharmacy in Europe?
ski holidays
Matrix wrote:
@HilbertSpace, pharmacy in Europe?

Yes, French pharmacie

Sorry I thought the emphasis would make it obvious!
snow report
Anybody in the situation where your 12-15yr old has been vaccinated once and has had covid in the last 180 days?

Our son is in this situation - so frustrating that he is actually considered fully vaccinated but we are unable to prove it Eh oh! .

Awaiting my MPs response. Petition signed. Not holding my breath though. Off to Tignes for Christmas - apparently tests have to be prebooked, and undertaken in Le Lac. Will jump through hoops if it means we can ski. Eh oh! we can actually go!
snow report
Pfizer was actually licensed for a 3 week gap between first and second doses and some GPs were observing that earlier in the campaign:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/30/gps-giving-second-covid-jabs-just-three-weeks-apart-despite-nhs-guidance

My daughter's school had a vaccination day last week. It's over a month since she had her first dose at a vax centre, so would have been good if she could have got her second one at school.

I didn't ask as I know that the answer would be that they don't have the protocols to administer it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy