Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transit visa for Germany help please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning Snowheads.

We're currently booked to go to Austria (SZG) on the 21st (I know, I know, currently in lockdown but the only way we'll get our flight money back is if the airline cancels, so we're just waiting it out). Should we be able to go, we are flying indirect from LHR to Frankfurt. Lufthansa have just updated information to say this:

Please note that passengers on a flight from the United Kingdom to Frankfurt or Munich who have an international connecting flight now require a transit visa for Germany in some cases - even if they do not leave the airport in Germany and are only in the transit area. Lufthansa therefore asks all passengers to inform themselves in detail about the regulations before departure.

I don't even know where to start so was hoping you knowledgeable lot could point me in the right direction and give some advice please.

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doesn't that just mean they'll stamp your passport but it'll be a transit stamp rather than 2 (post brexit) entry and then exit stamps? Probably need to deal with any German covid rules/forms as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try the airport website first.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I dont believe that has any applicability to flights in Schengen. You enter Schengen at Frankfurt / Munich (and if you dont hold an EU passport get your passport stamped) there are no checks for the flight to Salzburg, it is for all intents and purposes an internal flight. I would suggest "international flights" in this context mean flights outside of Schengen. As a UK passport holder you can enter Schengen for 90 days in 180 days for purposes of tourism so no visa requirements unless you are planning a longer stay or working.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The key words are "in some cases".

You need to check the entry requirements for Germany. It is more likely that the Germans have added countries to their list who require transit visas (some countries that require visas to enter operate a transit without visa if you can prove that you are only there in transit to somewhere else).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. I followed the link on the website and it took me to loads of information, but yes, it looks like we don't need a transit visa for either the UK to Germany or the Germany to Austria legs.

Just had a moment of 'and how much is this going to cost on top of PCRs now'.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy